“Never again”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dublin
“Never again”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Went here purely because it was close to where we were staying and it was raining the particular evening. Foolishly didn't read up on it here before going.
Good points are an extensive menu and everything looks tasty so they have got the menu part right. They also so free refills on the drinks.
Everything else was bad. It was really warm, the service was horrendous and it wasn't even busy. We only ordered two burgers and the couple beside us got their starter and main before we got anything and they weren't eating fast.
The chips were cooked in bulk and sitting on a hot plate in the kitchen. They were cold and rubbery. Burgers were mediocre.
Also I noticed the girl beside me pulling a hair out of her burger half way through it, I nearly got sick.
Nearly had to throw myself in front of waiter to get the bill and also to pay.
Horrendous. Don't go near it, I still feel a bit ill from it.

1 Thank peterodonohoe

San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
“A decent taste of home”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I went to Foster´s twice within 4 days yet the service and food was very different on both occasions. I know some will frown upon going to an American Restaurant while only on a short vacation, but life as a vegetarian can be hard in Northern Spain and there`s a limit to sangria and pintxos....

The first time the service was fast and friendly and the food was delicious. Tex-Mex like you´re used to in the States.(Mozarella Sticks with Ranch Dressing, Burger and Veggie Quesadillas with delicious fillings!!)

The second time the Ranch dip tasted funky and the server was grumpy, slow and unwilling to accommodate extras.(a little more cheese& more salsa) which was made up for by another great observant waitress. Both times the sour cream looked&tasted curdled but maybe that´s what sour cream is like in Spain?!

Foster´s definately gets brownie points for the free limitless soda refills and the selection of veggie dishes! It´s a small one, but that`s more than most other restaurants offer!

• Visited October 2011
Southern California
“No matter how much you need comfort food, run away as fast as you can”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

It was hot, smokey, and they missed on every level. Our 7 year old was served 20 minutes before the majority of us. When the majority of us were served, my 9 year old wasn't. My 11 year old was served a caesar soup, not a caesar salad. I asked the waitress to bring some lettuce for my 11 year old and for our 9 year old's pizza. 40 minutes later they brought out an uncooked still partially frozen pizza and no extra lettuce. We sent back the pizza and asked for our check, and walked across the street to feed the kids. The food was bad, the service was worse. While a meal from home can sound appealing after you've been traveling for a few weeks, resist the urge...

2 Thank trvllovr
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Plenty of food and big hamburgers prepared with real and healthy beef. Maybe too big and too smelly, but ideal for...”
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Plenty of food and big hamburgers prepared with real and healthy beef. Maybe too big and too smelly, but ideal for kids! You can have as much pepsi as you want...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook