“Most memorable Pintxos in San Sebastian”
Review of Ganbara

Ganbara
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Came back here twice. Great service, friendly people and the tastiest pintxos I have had in San Sebastian.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We went for lunch and had a wonderful plate of mixed sautéed mushrooms,fantastic roast peppers,anchovies,lightly battered squid and jamon croissants.Fresh ,seasonal and authentic.Great service.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was really looking forward to this place. However, although the food was nothing to write home about, the service was just rude and insulting. The waiter was more than happy to serve any and everybody else, especially the males. I did not mind waiting for the food as it was not very busy. But after asking for the bill twice and being completely ignored (the bar is small and I was standing in front of "my" waiter) as he merrily served others, when I asked for the bill for the third time, his answer was "Calm down, no need to get excited". I complained to the "manager" who did seem taken aback and informed me that he would speak to the waiter. However, with so many really good bars in the area, that is one place I will not return to.

2  Thank BaghdadSuzanne
Reviewed April 18, 2014

One of the best stops on our pintxos tour in San Sebastian was Ganbara, San Jeronimo #21. We had their specialty, exotic wild mushrooms. A little expensive, but really delicious. Worth a stop just for these and then move on to another place. No other pintxo restaurant makes mushrooms like these.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I had no idea tapas or pintxos as they call them could be so sophisticated. They melted my tastebuds and my heart. I had a lot of fish like tuna, hake, langoustines, shrimps and they were so fresh! An explosion of flavours! The place is buzzing, people come and go, they clearly enjoy the food as they keep asking for more. Ameiun and his mum are happy to advice you if like me are not familiar with the basque cuisine. You cannot be disappointed. Promised.

1  Thank Lifeonmara