“Great local Italian”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our third visit to this small Italian restaurant, not far from the Barceló Nervión hotel. It opens exactly at 830pm send doesn’t take bookings. The lady house of front recognised us from a previous visit over 18 months ago, how great was that ? Very good English spoken and the menu concept was fully explained , not to everyone’s choice but it does work. €50 for 2 people , you have to choose the same dish for both people, starter , pasta , pizza, dessert , wine and coffee. It doesn’t suit everyone. We had a delicious meat, cheese, salad starter (the smoked scormoza cheese is lovely. The portion size was good. We then had a special from Naples, pasta with peas very tasty. The wine was lovely too. We had a spicy diavlo pizza to finish , very crisp and spicy. On this visit there were 3 of us so found the portions a little small for 3. But don’t not try it , very friendly and very tasty. Enjoy.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (396)

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

Lovely little restaurant, food is delicious and the staff are so friendly and helpful. We had the cheese, ham and tomato starter then zucchini pasta and salami pizza which were delicious and very authentic. Portion sizes are massive.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 1, 2019 via mobile

I was looking for an Italian restaurant and this was just a few steps away from where I was staying. The small eatery belies its impressive crowd. When I passed by that afternoon and took a glance in, there were so many people, and come dinner-time; it had quite a few tables occupied. Luckily, I was a lone diner.

I wanted pasta and so I ordered the fettuccine with anchovies, bread and garlic, and requested that they tone down on the spiciness. The kitchen very graciously granted my request. I had asked for the bill when I was recommended to stay on for dessert. I asked if they had Tiramisu and instead, something similar was offered. I had no regrets staying on for that. It was a Tiramisu lookalike, if I may call it that.

Everything went well and it was a wonderful evening spent.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

Excellent food and great service! Maria is the best! Real Italian food better than in Sorrento..! Every thing well spiced and tasty!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

We had a very nice evening with good food, starters was salat with goats cheese , pizza with strong and spicy tomatsause , Ice cream with strawberries and very good americano coffee the best I have had here in Bilbaoo.

Date of visit: April 2019