Review Highlights
Excellent tour with qualified and personable guide

Reviewed 2 days ago
bberkov
San Diego, California
Delightful Bilbao with Aitor!

Reviewed 4 days ago
TravelLady49
Sacramento, CA

All reviews basque region fishing town fabulous tour dear friend perfect wine days tour already planning a return visit rioja wine region his knowledge local culture san sebastian excellent guide great sense of humor vitoria gasteiz cruise ship cheesecake transporter bridge
Reviewed 2 days ago

Aitor is very knowledgeable and personable. He speaks excellent English and I recommend him highly. Our tour with him was a day trip by car from Saint-Jean de Luz to Bilbao. If you are looking for a high quality guide for the Basque areas of France and/or Spain, he would be an excellent choice.

Reviewed 4 days ago

I recently arranged a day tour with Aitor; I'm a single woman traveling solo. It could not have been better!!! The day began perfectly. He was at my hotel in advance of the arranged time and we immediately set off for the Guggenheim. Aitor's knowledge of architecture and art is encyclopedic! We also toured the City of Bilbao and had a light lunch in town. It was a totally awesome day. I highly recommend Aitor Delgado as your Basque Tour Guide! You will be well pleased.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a private tour with Aitor for our family of 11. It was handled perfectly from the very start. We had great communication with Aitor even before we arrived. He had everything in place for us. We learning so much historically and also had a fun time. He chose for us an excellent restaurant for lunch located right on the ocean front. It was one of the best meals that we had. We highly recommend Aitor for any tour you have in mind. We hope we can meet with him again sometime.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There were 11 family members, and everyone had a wonderful time with a special
thank you to Aitor for making it happen.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Palmer and I had the most wonderful day with Aitor, we couldn’t have asked for a better tour guide. We knew it was a long day ahead, but we had asked to see a lot. He was so accommodating, had pre-planned the trip so we didn’t waste any time, got us to each destination as quickly and safely as possible, and even took pictures the whole day long. His were much better than ours and the candids were an awesome unexpected surprise. The tour of Spanish and French Basque Country was well worth it and beautiful from beginning to end. We met an incredible person in Aitor; one of the many reason we will return to Bilbao in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

We originally wanted a private tour in Bilbao but unfortunately Aitor was booked for that day so he suggested an earlier stop if it was on our cruise itinerary. Luckily for us, Hendaye was the stop before. Without much guidance other than our group's affinity for wine and food. Aitor was able to give us not only that but also sprinkled in history as well as the absolute best experiences in Hondarribia and San Sebastian. Aitor also generously gave us suggestions for Bilbao on our own since he was booked for that day as well as shared the pictures he took of us during the tour. None of us wanted the day to end and we were sad to leave our newfound friend for our ship that evening. Thanks for the everlasting memories Aitor!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Aitor was knowledgeable, friendly, accommodating, and entertaining to our group of 5 women touring Basque Country for the first time. He was very solicitous of our needs and desires and went out of his way to accommodate us. We thoroughly enjoyed his company and the day we spent with him. He is extremely knowledgeable about the history of the region and very enthusiastic about conveying it. He arranged a very special lunch for us outside of Vittoria that we all agree was a highlight of our trip. We felt very well cared for and developed a great affection for him.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Aitor is, hands down, the best guide I have ever had—in the US or abroad and here is why:

1) Friendly and effusive, and it is GENUINE. His enthusiasm was infectious. Because my brother was having trouble walking, Aitor would drop us off at a particularly scenic spot or a bar and then park the car, and come sprinting back up. Always smiling. It is so obvious that he loves his work.

2) He pays attention to the minute details. Everything was planned to perfection. He timed our tour of Laguardia when there was going to be a dance festival. He reserved a table outside the hotel so we could watch the dancers while we dined. The vintners were awaiting our arrival and the six wineries we visited. And throughout the day there were little gifts from Aitor—a pen, a notebook, a brochure. Little touches that showed he cared.

3) Aitor has done his homework. When asked obscure questions, he knew the answer or knew how to find it. His knowledge of the history of the Rioja region was phenomenal, but his awareness of the people on his tour was even more remarkable. He knew when we were beginning to tire before we did! He never pushed us and would read our moods and interest level and adapt the tour accordingly. His awareness and understanding of each person on the tour was something I have rarely seen in a tour guide.

4) Whether wealthy or impoverished, well dressed or in rags, Aitor treats everyone with respect. I have heard this from several folks who have toured with him. In our group of 3, he tried to make sure that he met the desires of each individual. My brother was interested in tasting wines, which we did throughout the day. I was interested in the castles and tunnels. Despite my difficult in walking, Aitor took my arm and guided me up the hill to the castle walls. My sister in law wanted to view a hotel that was closed to the public. Aitor got her in. He was Aladdin with his magic lamp making all our wishes come true!

Sorry to be long winded, but I cannot say enough good things about Aitor—knowledgable, enthusiastic, generous, kind, sensitive, and fun to be with. What more would one want in a tour guide?

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Aitor is amazing. He is practically a walking encyclopedia of information tucked into an incredibly fun and enthusiastic personality. His primary goal is clearly to give you the best experience possible, tailored to your interests. He is hard working, attentive to detail and very flexible as the day unfolds. He started as our tour guide and ended as our friend.

Aitor D, Propietario at Aitor Delgado Basque Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thanks Margaret S!! Without any doubt this tour with you has been one of the ones most funny and unforgettable that I have had in my mind. Surely in that hidden mountain village we went for dinner, they will be speaking for long about such beautiful group of women enjoying that great local food!
With you it has been easy for me to tell our history and stories in a funny and friendly way, because I also felt like speaking with some highschool friends. I will be very happy that this beautiful friendship will continue in the time.

Aitor Delgado

Reviewed September 22, 2018

Our group of four enjoyed two tours with Aitor. The first day we toured along the Basque coast. And the second day we toured in Bilboa. Both days with Aitor were simply amazing. He is personal and extremely knowledgeable about Bilboa and the Basque region. In addition to seeing amazing sights, we were treated to extraordinary local cuisine for lunch both days. Aitor took many photos and made them available to us after our tours. We have used private tour guides throughout Europe. Aitor is as good as they get. Very highly recommended!

Thanks David P! It is such an honor that so well traveled people used to speak with other tour guides, have these words of recognition to me personally and to my work. Bilbao and the Basque Coast has a lot of hidden corners and I was so happy to share them with you!

Aitor Delgado