Review Highlights
Our wonderful trip with an amazing guide!

We recently traveled to the Basque region and used Aitor as our private guide. He was... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
parkridge1
An Incredible Guide for the Basque Country!

We have traveled with private guides in Bhutan, Colombia, Cuba, Italy, Morocco, France, Peru... read more

Reviewed September 26, 2022
Ruth K

Recommended experiences in and around Bilbao
from $27.02
from $310.74
from $247.54
from $105.34
More Info
All reviews basque region day tour his knowledge prehistoric cave a private tour guide rioja wine region vitoria gasteiz friendly person an amazing guide points of interest guggenheim museum jean de luz fantastic tour amazing food pintxos tour old town culture
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2013

What a great find Aitor is! He was so professional and helpful even before we ever met him. There were 4 of us arriving on a cruise. He was there and waiting as we disembarked in Getxo. He took us to Rioja and had an amazing time wine tasting and site seeing. We went for a light meal and wine in a charming town that Aitor walked us all around. He is so passionate about his town and seemed to really enjoy showing it to us! On our way back he toured us around Getxo as well. We enjoyed his enthusiasm and personality so much that we wished we had booked him for the second day in Bilbao! Anybody who needs a fabulous tour guide to see the area could not find a better person than Aitor. Of all our ports and tours, Aitor's was by far my favorite!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank KEVIN N
Aitor D, Propietario at Aitor Delgado Basque Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you so much!
I really enjoy showing best areas of our small but surprisingly diverse Basque Country, and I am more than happy to transfer my love to you in your trip.
Knowing you have travelled a lot the fact that you consider me as your best tour guide is a great honour for me. It makes me proud of a well done work.
Thanks again. I was very pleased to meet you and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

With very limited time I had in Bilbao - just few hours - Aitor succeeded to make great introduction of the city and the country and I left Bilbao with clear feeling that I'll do my best to come again soon and to continue learning about Basque country from Aitor during his precisely planned but still charming and relaxing tours.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank SDG1965
Aitor D, Propietario at Aitor Delgado Basque Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

I am very happy to help you to make my tours tailored for you so that you can enjoy during the time you have best of the Basque places, history, culture and traditions.
Wish to see you back with more time so that we can go to other places that you will love.
תודה

Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a wonderful city tour of Bilbao we had with Aitor. He gave us just the right amount of old world charm, walking tour and country experience. He even found some sheep for my mom who remembered learning about them in school. Thank you for a great day!

2  Thank Donna M
Aitor D, Propietario at Aitor Delgado Basque Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hello!
Nothing makes me happier than adapting and ajusting my tours to your desires at any time, it was really a fun time when we saw the sheeps for your mum.
Warmest regards and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My bf and myself made the mistake of contemplating hiring a guide for Bilbao thinking that we might be able to manage without one. Big mistake. Luckily, Aitor was able to work with our last minute request (we arrived on a cruise ship) and we did a half-day afternoon tour since he was already booked in the morning. Book him early! We easily could have used him for the entire day.

Aitor provided the perfect balance of history, present day, and personal experiences of the Basque Country and Bilbao. He was very easy to warm up to and had a great personality. I have had tour guides that were loaded with great information, but lacked the ability to make a personal connection, which made them seem more like a self-guided audio tour. Within 30 mins of our tour with Aitor, it felt as if he was an old friend just showing us around. We were able to see most of the city and ended with an amazing view overlooking all of Bilbao. He was very accommodating and personalized a great itinerary even though we didn't give him much time to work with.

I feel without Aitor our experience in Bilbao would have been much different. We probably would have ended up meandering around, getting lost, missing highlights only a local would know, etc. Instead, we had an unforgettable time and I am even more interested in experiencing the Basque Country outside of Bilbao and I know exactly who I will go to when that time comes. Thank you Aitor!

Date of experience: September 2013
4  Thank jarquiette
Aitor D, Propietario at Aitor Delgado Basque Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you jarquiette!
My main objective is to make you feel comfortable and enjoy best of what locals do in Bilbao and I am very happy that you did get it in your short tour.
Hope that next time we can share more time together.
See you soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a wonderful afternoon with Aitor, visiting a winery, a chocolatier, and San Sebastián. He was most accommodating, tailoring the trip to whatever we desired. He is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the region. Pintos tasting in San Sebastián was the highlight of our evening. I would highly recommend a tour with Aitor.

Date of experience: September 2013
2  Thank eyedoc22
Aitor D, Propietario at Aitor Delgado Basque Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

eyedoc22, thank you so much for your review!
I really enjoy making my clients feel they are visiting an old friend who can adapt to whatever they need at anytime. It is my main objective to make you feel at home and I am really happy that you did enjoy it.
Wish to meet you back and show also nice food tasting in Bilbao and Vitoria.
www.aitordelgado.com