“Superb”

Cuisines: Spanish
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I visited this small eatery/bar in Bilbao. It is situated right in the centre of Bilbao. The Spanish couple Pepe and Miren who run it are very courteous and friendly. We had numerous pinchos made fresh on the premises daily. We booked a Sunday lunch which consisted of 2-3 starters 2 main courses and a dessert. This was washed down by a few glasses of Rioja during the meals and finished by a local alcoholic digestive. The bar is visited by friendly locals throughout the day and night and all make you feel very welcome and included. I would recommend a visit to this small and friendly bar/Restraunt if you are in Bilbao. Well worth a visit. Lovely food and lovely people.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Andalucian cuisine.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I found this small bistro 'Rincon de Conil' whilst strolling around town, and I was very pleasantly surprised at my discovery. A friendly cafe/bistro with a small area of terrace seating, situated on the busy Licenciado Poza close to the busy shopping area and a few hundred metres from the Alhondiga building. The bistro has the appearance of a nicely decoratedcafe bar, whilst downstairs is an intimate seating area with tables for 12 persons. The cafe was quite busy, and everyone seemed to be complimentary of the food. I was informed by a fellow customer that the cuisine is typical Asdalucian (southern Spain), and it proved to be a real taste of mediterranean sunshine, on the North coast!

The friendly cafe bar was full of people chatting and enjoying beautiful looking mouthwatering snacks. I observed the menu board displaying a number of dishes which I did not recognise, but decided to try the anchovy fillets which were freshly fried in a tempura style batter. Served with a gorgeous mediterranean ragout, and fresh crusty bread, I enjoyed every morcel. Light and extremely tasty, I was informed that they are referred to locally as 'Pimpirrimpausse'.
I shall most certainly be paying a return visit to this wonderful eatery, a real hidden gem and a very pleasant surprise.
Any visitor to Bilbao would be highly recommended to visit and enjoy the food, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013