“Good location and facilities”
Review of Ganbara Hostel

Ganbara Hostel
Ranked #8 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Bilbao
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Good location right in the old town. Lovely setting and close to shops, bars and restaurants. Here for the festival so area was bustling. Good service, clean room and bedding. Highly recommend if travelling with friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ganbara Hostel

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was really happy with my stay in Ganbara and the price was good. Very clean and nice rooms, clean and spacious kitchen, lots of room to eat and hang out, two televisions, at least two computers with free internet connection, good laundry room, etc. Nothing but good to say about that place! Oh and the location is also great!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anni M
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was a great hostel in Bilbao. We only stayed 1 night but it was perfect: cheap, very clean, friendly staff, lateish checkout. It's very close to the train station and main area of the town. A really good option if you're in Bilbao for a few days. Enjoy

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jesslee18
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at Ganbara Hostel at the end of April since I was travelling alone. It wasn't high season so the hostel wasn't too crowded, therefore not so noisy as expected (but anyway I'm always prepared with ear plugs when I'm staying in a hostel). It's new, it's clean, great location, amazing friendly stuff, basic breakfast (cornflakes, fruits, biscuits,marmalades,bread, milk, coffee, free internet, everything a solo traveller is asking for.
I didn't have the directions with me when I arrived and when I got out of the metro of Casco Viejo station I took the wrong site and I was lost but I called them many times and they were patient and very informative. My advise though if you are tired after a really long flight as I was take a taxi, it costs around 20 euro.
Not very comfortable beds but then again what do you expect?
Also note that you can borrow reading lamp and hair dryer from the reception. They can also sell you card for the metro which is much cheaper than to buy it from the metro station.
Nice and cute places to eat very near at Jardines and Santa Maria street just down the road!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Simelaki
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was in this Hostel por a couple of days, The Hostel is not bad but it´s quity noisy during the night, I couldn´t sleep well. The room was too small for 4 beds and there are not enought showers.
The rest is quite ok

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank elena m
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Ganbara Hostel has a very good location, and all the facilities are quite new. It looked all very clean and new.
The staff was very helpful, in a couple of minutes the front desk guy pointed me all the important and nice places to visit in my short stay in Bilbao.
The hostel has 2 common rooms, great place to meet people. We had a movie night wich was a nice way to spend the evening if you are tired of walking and not up to go out..
I didn't use it, but I saw 2 computers to access the internet.
The room was very clean, I had a 4 bed shared room, we had lockers with a key. big enough for a big backpack. The bathroom was clean, and spacious enough .
The breakfast was good. you could choose between many kind of juices, bread and toast, and lots of flavors of jam.
In general, a very good experience. I wish I had more time, I would have stay longer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AndreGL
Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of the greatest hostels that I have ever been. The social area was big, it has two television rooms (one upstairs and one down) the kitchen is large to fit so many people, has large tables to sit everyone. The staff is very nice and they will help you find something to do.

The roooms are clean, we were a group of 5 and stayed in a 6 bedroom, is was really clean, it had private bathroom that was very nice and clean.

There only two negative comments, but are minor: in the room there are only two plug-in terminals and the heating system is limited at certain hours.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends