“excellent choice”

Bistro Guggenheim Bilbao
Ranked #24 of 1,181 Restaurants in Bilbao
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bistró Guggenheim Bilbao values a free style of cuisine, linked to its roots, to the memory of those dishes that are part of a culture and which need to be adapted to an avant-garde context, without losing neither flavors nor textures. Recipes and sauces are the foundation of our work, though refined, evolved and adapted for the general public that seeks savory, healthy cuisine, and an informal gastronomic experience.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

we were here for the second time. 3 course menu with wine for 28 EUr. Straight forward,refined dishes.Service ok. Nice atmosphere with Spanish families around. Reservation highly recommended.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

In this city and museum one might expect very cutting edge food. In fact what you get is simply well cooked dishes with a few twists that make them interesting. Everything we had was nice, with a couple of wows. The egg roasted at low temperature with mashed potatoes and sweet pepper juice was very clever, using simple ingredients to reach a surprising balance of textures and flavours. And the roasted lamb with chickpeas and spices was perhaps even more 'conservative', but also a perfect, melt-in-mouth and full flavoured dish.

The prices are great. A three course meal with water and (very decent) wine included for less than 30 euros is exceptional value. Service is very friendly and pleasant, though not always very clued up. No matter, it was very good experience in all.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We recently are here as we
We're staying in the hotel across the road and had read the good reviews. We were not disappointed. The service was great and the set menu was excellent value for the quality and appearance of our food. The mushroom ravioli was delicious, the steak with polenta gorgeous and the egg soaked brioche went really well with the coffee ice cream. Having a sweet tooth I also loved the little box of biscuits we got after the meal. I thought I was a special box containing the bill but was very pleasantly Surprised to find the sweet treats.
I would definitely eat here again should I ever be in Bilbao again

1  Thank lisawill
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I booked this restaurant online a few weeks before travelling to Bilbao and received an immediate confirmation. I hoped for good food with a nice view of the spectacular museum. What we got was a superb meal and a view of the river and Its banks. The Bistro is small with a general eating area holding seating for only around 12 and the reserved area with the views, which seats around 30. Service was exemplary. The menu has several options and we chose the express menu, one main, one dessert, water, bread and a glass of wine for €18. Great value. Innovative and creative food with smallish portions, ideal for lunch. I had lamb with a swoosh of middle Eastern spices, topped with chickpeas. Melt in the mouth tender. Desert was a sheep's milk foam with tiny bits of cinnamon infused apple on the bottom and a small glass of reduced apple juice to pour over the too. Sublime!

1  Thank Signoramarg53
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went for a meal here mid September and really enjoyed my visit.
The menu is exquisite; food was tasty and service was spot on.

I had the seafood soup to start with which was beautiful, pork cheeks for main course and chocolate sponge for dessert which was incredibly light.

I enjoyed my meal here so much that I took a family member here the following week. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting Bilbao.