We stayed for 2 nights in September (apologies for late review!)
Firstly Bilbao is a great city to visit; as well as the Guggenheim (a must and better if you order tickets in advance to save queueing) there are lots of other things to do / see. Shops varied and not all touristy, tapas bars, basque food and restaurants are great - try the tapas bar Berton on Viktor Kalea just around the corner from the hotel great tapas, affordable and sherry (try the fino) to die for! - but make sure you do a little research before choosing your tapas - part of the holiday fun! We went to see the football, great public art throughout the city, went to the theatre next to the hotel, bars around the hotel are buzzing / great atmosphere.
The hotel itself is ideally located. Room was good / we had a balcony - nicely furnished, boutique style, bathroom a bit tight space wise but ok; clean and tidy, quiet and with good facilities. Did not have breakfast in the hotel so cannot comment - staff very helpful / good customer care - and would recommend the city and the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Petit Palace Arana Bilbao is a boutique hotel situated in Bidebarrieta street opposite Arriaga theater, between the old district and the Ensanche (modern distric). The Petit Palace Arana occupies an emblematic building dating from the nineteen century, being the oldest hotel in Bilbao. Our modern rooms feature flat screen TV (with Satellite TV), hydro-massage shower, air-conditioned/ heating and mini-bar. Some of the rooms have balconies. Located in the heart of the city, in the gastronomic area where you can taste the best pintxos and typical gastronomy. It is situated just few minutes from the Guggenheim Museum and the other Bilbao tourist attractions.Room types •64 stylish rooms.•High-Tech rooms: laptop, exercise bike, trouser press, hydro massage shower and king-size bed.•Family rooms up to 5 people: King-size bed or two beds plus bunk beds. (Baby cots free of charge).•Equipped rooms for pets (bed, feeding and water bowls).•Rooms for disabled people.•Smoking & non smoking rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Petit Palace Arana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Palace Arana Bilbao
- Petit Palace Arana Hotel Bilbao