NH Collection Villa de Bilbao
Hotel Miro(Bilbao)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
2,134 results
All reviewsthe guest relations managerold towngreat hotelairport busespresso machinepremium roomminute walkour room was spaciouswithin walking distancesan mamesexcellent choicefootball stadiumjunior suitevery pleasant staywell located hotelfine arts museumwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here while on business. Rooms were large and clean. Great bath. Front desk staff were great, and very convenient parking round the corner.
Breakfast was fine. Nothing but praise for this hotel, and the chain as well. Would certainly come back again if in the area again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Very convenient location and nice, spacious room. Staff helpful but nothing exceptional. Even with a special offer this was an expensive choice, so I would hesitate to book again. No English channels on the TV but my Spanish improved during my stay!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed in NH Villa de Bilbao for a short trip recently.

The hotel is a short walk (5-10 minutes) from many restaurants and bars and only two minutes walk away from the airport bus's main city stop.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and the beds were massive.

As other reviewers pointed out, you need to get a new Wifi code daily. This isn't a hassle as the vouchers can be picked up easily from the reception desk without even having to speak to the receptionist. The vouchers say the Wifi is limited to 256KBps which was slightly concerning. I didn't perform a speed test but standard internet browsing seemed fine to me. This may be more of an issue if you have more demanding internet requirements though.

Room Tip: Many rooms are inner facing and the only view from the window is of other hotel rooms. This may be an issue if a nice view is important.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

In bilbao for a few days and we really liked this hotel for the great location, friendly staff (who were very helpful and nice) and great clean rooms. We had a quiet room facing the courtyard and took breakfast every day. Breakfast was excellent, replenished constantly and hot food available cooked to your request. The serving staff were all very friendly and didn't mind us sitting there having a long breakfast. Only negative was that the lift stuck while I was in it but I phoned reception in the lift and help came immediately. We have nothing but praise for the staff. Highly recommended for a trip to Bilbo!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here very much. It has a great location on the Gran Via and can walk to Guggenheim, Museum of Fine Arts, a shopping center (has a food court) and the tram line which runs to the old city.

Reception staff is friendly and helpful.

The buffet breakfast is one of the best I had in Spain. In addition to the buffet itself, there is an egg chef who does your eggs to order.

I upgraded to a superior room from the standard room. Standard rooms face the interior and there is no view. Superior rooms face the Gran Via. Cost was 15 euro extra per night.

The first “superior” room I had was 403 - one of the sinks did not drain, it had an old tub, the night light was missing over one side of the bed, room did not have an expresso machine or iPod dock and one corner of the ceiling was damaged and it looked like it was peeling off.

When I asked for the sink and nightlight to be repaired, I was instead moved to Room 508 which was in much better shape, better kept and with better housekeeping. It was worth it to me to have a view of the Grand Via, but even on the 5th floor, I heard street noise.

The linens at this hotel were especially nice - large bath sheets and comfortable bed linens with extra pillows,etc in the closet.

Wi-fi is excellent and you can log in from your room. There are new passwords every 24 hours.

Also want to mention I used Bilbao Greeters (www.bilbaogreeters.com) who are volunteers willing to show you their beautiful city. My greeter gave me a walking tour of the area and helped me with details such as finding a Citibank and obtaining a local sim card. It is a wonderful service.

Room Tip: Reserve a room facing the Gran Via -- they have more light.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends