All reviews great location old town cafe iruna guggenheim museum within walking distance shopping street nice hotel bars and restaurants business trip stayed one night street noise el corte ingles breakfast room is good size single room train station the river
Reviewed September 15, 2018

We wanted to spend a day in Bilbao prior to going home on the ferry - this hotel was in a very convenient location but if you're driving you have no option but to use their garage €18 a night...well, you are in the centre of course, and parking in the street is limited to 2 hours.
The room was fine and the staff were very pleasant but breakfast was not included so we paid for the worst breakfast buffet in the entire holiday. I get the imporession the place is aimed at the business traveller on expenses. Forcus,this turned out to be a costly night's stay (€220) and, location apart, it just did not deliver.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Spent two nights at the end of less comfortable holidays in Cantabria. Maybe because of this less comfort, the room looked really good. I don’t know what special “luck” we have, but our view is mostly in the dar corners/internal courtyards. So was this (and I don’t think this was the lowest category room). On the other hand, who cares about the view in most of hotels.
So the room: really big room, huge and comfortable bed, nicely decorated, NOT worn out, with a comfy armchair/coffee table set, coffee/tea set. Cosy and comfortable.
Bathroom: less fabulous. First of all, the door wasn’t closing. Physically. You needed to use a towel to keep it blocked. The shower itself huge and comfy, but toiletries of low quality. Water pressure etc. fine, so was the hairdryer.
Breakfast: a disaster. Again, because of two weeks of less comfort and pan tomate every day we chose to pay 18€ for the breakfast, hoping to have finally a varied and tasty long breakfast. Don’t do it. I am not saying it was uneatable, but if you want a great breakfast go to Melia. Their breakfast is worth every cent. Not this one. Very small choice of products, doubtful quality, industrial yoghurts, plates do not get refilled, bad quality coffee, no croissants, microscopic choice of everything, or rather no choice. If there was hot selection, I don’t remember and it must have been pitiful.
Gym:stunning opening hours for an unsupervised gym.... opens at 10 a.m. (REALLY????). Gym was one of the main filters in booking the hotel, and yet we couldn’t use it, because we work out before breakfast.
Staff: poor English, or not really want to speak it. We were fine with our poor Spanish, but well... they could make a little effort. Breakfast staff was slow, inefficient, unwilling to do anything. The idea was “we hate our job and don’t come asking anything”.
Not impressed, if you only need a room, could be quite fine.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

I’m going to try to be fair. I had a dental emergency at this hotel and needed help making two phone calls to find a dentist and the guy at the desk flat out refused to help me. It was the simplest request. But no. I put it in a translator to be sure I was explaining my need and he said no again. I’d expect this much common decency from someone I stopped on the street. So I certainly expect it in a supposed 4 star hotel. This alone will take the hotel off my list because I’m a solo traveler and I need to be places I can rely on. I ended up calling Amex Global Assist, a great service.

As to the hotel, it’s fine. It’s clean. It’s close to the metro. The rooms are stuffy and the AC isnt that strong but it was good enough for Sept weather. There are hot polyester quilts on the beds in summer for some reason. The beds are OK. Nothing luxurious. But it was all fine. Since the floors are wood (or most likely laminate) the place can be a bit noisy since there’s no sound buffers. I could easily hear sound transference in the hotel, people in adjoining rooms, hammering one morning, doors slamming, etc. But there was no street noise at the back where I was. None. That was nice. I didn’t eat there. I’m sure it’s fine. I should note that the others I encountered at the desk were pleasant. I’m assuming they might have helped me. So all in all it was good enough for a 3 star, well located, clean so if you get a good deal, take it and just hope you don’t need someone to call an ambulance for you.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank BEKTraveler
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We’ll located for most visitor needs. In the middle of things most visitors would be interested in. We walked to the sites just minutes away. Meals are available nearby. Try Pinxtos. Just point to what you want to try. No risk at $3.50 each.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PtownCraig
Reviewed September 4, 2018

I checked into the hotel. I travel a great deal for business and I could not remember whether I had booked breakfast. The check-in reception guy told me that I had breakfast included in the room deal. I asked him to confirm whether that was correct. The reception guy confirmed that breakfast was included. I was with a friend, a doctor, who was traveling with me when I checked in and he witnessds this and was told that the free breakfast applied to him, too. Next morning, after breakfast, we were presented with a €35 bill for the breakfast on check out. This bill was demanded by the same guy that had told us that breakfast was included. He denied that he said this. We considered refusing to pay the excess because this was a scam. I had an argument with this guy who would not back down and we had to leave because we had arranged a pick-up. This is clearly a scam by this hotel. I travel regularly with work and I have never experienced such a rip-off. I stayed on Monday 3rd September. The hotel can find my booking details and email. If the management responds refunding the scammed money, I'll gladly report this on this site.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends