“Good modern 4* hotel, but get there early if you need parking”

Barcelo Bilbao Nervion
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Bilbao
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very modern room designs - comfy beds, great value restaurant.
Got here mid afternoon to check in before ferry to England. Quite easy to find (as long as you don't overshoot the parking turn). Parking in basement and fills quite quickly so by early evening it was full. They charge a hefty 22EU per day for parking.
Rooms ultra modern with very comfortable beds and open plan bathroom (except toilet) so if you're travelling with friends take note!
Restaurant very busy as had a set menu that was very reasonable, but waiting staff have highly developed sense of ignoring people.

Room Tip: Don't look out of the window - just roof tops
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Barcelo Bilbao Nervion

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had a fantastic stay with my family here. Our room was amazing. The location was perfect as it had good access to the old and new town.
I cant wait to stay here again.
The only problem we had was parking as the car park was full.

Room Tip: We had a family suite it was amazing
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Hotel well located and rooms good modern design. On arrival no parking in basement available and public car parks nearby not really convenient. The staff at reception were disappointingly indifferent, unhelpful to my wife who was struggling with luggage because I had to move the car off the busy main road. No help or flexibility in checking in, staff made my wife wait until I returned from parking car some distance away, because I had passports, even though we had pre-booked room!
Strange that kettle and tea/coffee provided in room (good) but no milk. When I asked at reception I was given two small prepacked cartons and was told if I needed more I would have to pay. Internet provided free but connection in hotel, room or public areas was poor.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here after a week's hostelling and it was heaven. Though a little bit corporate in the check-in area, it's quite a funky hotel and the rooms are gorgeous. Lots of space and amazing storage (though some was so well hidden we didn't notice it until we were packing up to check out). Instead of having the typical bathroom in the room we had an open-plan area with a sink and lots of counter space, a shower with frosted doors for privacy and a toilet (thankfully behind a door). Travelling with girls I cannot stress how time-saving it is to be able to use the sink/toilet while someone is taking their time in the shower!
We had Sunday lunch in the restaurant and I can honestly say it was some of the nicest food I've had (Very fancy 3 course meal for €14) in Spain (possibly on a par with the food in the Guggenheim). The hotel is within walking distance of everywhere in the city so there's no need for buses or taxis, though we did get a taxi to the airport on our last day but that was jsut out of laziness.
We didn't book through the hotel's official page and so we got a great last minute deal for the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pete-Schamprish
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'd say this hotel is a bit corporate, however it has a nice feel to it with large open reception. The rooms are clean and spacious and shower is fantastic after a long day on your feet. The staff were very helpful in checking us in and advising on where to park the car. There is a car park on site but this can often be full, parking is available along the street outside but you can't park there all day and need to move the car to another part of the city after 4 hours. There is underground parking just along the road however and works out around 15 euros for 6/7 hours when we parked there. There is a set rate for 24 hours which i cannot recall.

I'd recommend this hotel, granted it doesn't have any old rustic charm but it is really quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is easy to find, very near the funicular railway that runs to the top of the hill. Great views, nice park and the return ride costs less than E 2. It's also only 20 mins walk from the Guggenheim and offers the best approach to this amazing building. We got to the gallery too late for entry but enjoyed a great G and T with live music in the late evening sun. My grand children described the adjoining park along side as awesome so every one was happy! We don't usually eat in hotel dining rooms but were all so tired that we returned to the hotel for dinner which offered great value for money in pleasant surroundings. Service was excellent if a little too fast and the food was spot on. The decor of the hotel was spacious and very comfortable, the bedrooms and bathrooms great. The beds especially good. Reception was well ordered and check in and out smiling and fast. Car parking underneath easy.

1  Thank airyairy
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a family city break in Bilbao. The rooms were great, modern and comfortable. The staff were welcoming and really helpful at check in, Breakfast is good. The hotel is ideally placed for the Guggenheim and for walking around the Bilbao. Recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Views at back are not great so my tip - don't look out the window.
1  Thank MagicRoundabout