Carlton Hotel
$96
  • Restaurant
NH Collection Ria de Bilbao(Bilbao)(Great Value!)
$103
Hotel Miro(Bilbao)
$140
$133
  • Room Service
Hotel Gran Bilbao(Bilbao)(Great Value!)
$114
$83
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

$95
Melia Bilbao(Bilbao)
$86
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$90
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$97
  • Bar/Lounge
1,037 results
All reviewsclassic hotelgrand old hotelold dameoverlooking the squaregrand dameold townairport stopsbeautiful hotelcentral locationseparate toiletguggenheim museumplaza moyuawalking distancemodern bathroomexcellent locationmajor attractionslarge room
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here with a girlfriend on a weekend break. We chose it because it looked more traditional than the Melia, and I'm glad we did. It felt very old fashioned but expensive (we only paid £100 a night). Our room was huge, well decorated and had two large single beds. The bathroom was also big with a bath/shower, separate toilet and 2 sinks. They provided bathrobes when I asked. The reception staff we're helpful and very polite. Breakfast was a bit pricey at €20 but you could have anything you wanted. They made me a great omelette. The only think missing for me was a bit of atmosphere and a god bar. The bar was soulless. It's in a great location for the Guggenheim, the old twn Casco Vieja and the modern shops. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel was a great hotel in a great location with friendly staff. When we arrived the front desk staff were very helpful and attentive. The rooms were clean and well kept. We had everything we needed. I found the room wasn't heated very well and was cold at night. My friend's room didn't have the same problem so it may have just been my room. The hotel is very quaint and worked well for our stay. I would recommend this hotels to my friends. The bed wasn't super comfortable, but wasn't bad either. It could be a bit softer and have more blankets.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed one night, staff supplied maps and gave advice on the surrounding areas. Rooms and facilities were great. Car parking is expensive, I used a local car park and saved 28%.
Great location, easy walk to the Guggenheim Museum.

Room Tip: Rooms are Super
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mupphyp
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel has a great location but unfortunately this is its only positive attribute. Most staff were unprofessional - it began with the concierge looking through the front door with no attempt to help with luggage. Our room was not ready on arrival so following a brief walk around a very beautiful city we sat in the inner lounge to wait; positioning ourselves in full view of reception. There was no attempt to communicate with us that the room was ready. I had to approach the desk to check yet there were reception and concierge staff standing around have a chat for much of our waiting time. The restaurant was very quiet and I can understand why considering the rather poor quality and EXTREMELY SALTY food and two staff who battled to provide the basic of service. Our room was large BUT EXTREMELY NOISY - We could tell what the next room guests were doing when they went to the bathroom and toilet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank docfeedback
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Got a very special rate on their website and so cannot complain about the price. However, should we have paid full price I would have been disappointed with the room and certainly was diappointed with some of the staff members came in contact with. The reception area is very impressive, lovely relaxing colours, lots of space and furniture and decor. The location is right bang in the middle of Bilbao, right beside the metro station and bus to Bilbao airport. I was struck by how clinical the female receptionist was when we checked in. It was almost as if she knew we had got a cheap deal and didnt warrant any special attention. The usual information given when checking in to hotels was not given (breakfast times, place etc). Without prompting she did ask if we needed the wifi code but that was it. The bedroom on 4th floor was very large and the airconditioning system good (needed as it was 30degrees yesterday 5th October). Bathroom very disappointing, old well used bath and underpowered shower. Flooring looked worse for wear, although the towels were very good quality as were the toiletries. Even though we overlooked a very busy street there was no evidence of noise during the night. There was a lack of atmosphere in the common areas downstairs. We used the American bar for the express breakfast, good value at 4euro each. We were the only people there and the waiter was not very friendly even though he had nothing else to do for the hour that we sat there. (Looked out the window).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple