“Average, quite boring”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Bilbo Zaharra
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The place is quite pretentious but the tapas are not so tasty and vigorously fusion, with asian tastes and tortillas (the corn one from mexico) ans stuff like that. I was there in a very dead moment so maybe that's an excuse too but the nextdoor santamaria was packed like hell.

1  Thank wingcastles
There are newer reviews for Irrintzi

Reviewed September 2, 2013

It desrves the visit. If you want to eat pinchos or tapas you are in the right place. There are even grilled in the hour tapas. The place is very beautiful

1  Thank PaulaBraga
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had high expectations given the reviews here but was underwhelmed. Tapas were reasonably good but no better than that and there are certainly better such bars in Bilbae and elsewhere. Service was good though. Pleasant girl. Cold beer. Cheap. Don't get the fuss but I would go back as part of a pub crawl, not as my destination. Try Santa Maria - better food, better joint.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Also great prices and atmosphere,and nice drinks,but the pintxos are whatmakes this place special. The only problem is that the toilets were a bit dirty.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Once we arrived and realized why it has such a good ranking in Tripadvisor! We have a few pintxo bars on our crawling list and this one is definitely our highlight. They have lots of modern and interesting pintxo to choose from, the food look fresh and well presented, also their food has a bit of Japanese influence too.

When I arrived I felt like I was in East London, based on my 30mins of visit, majority of the customers there were very trendy and friendly, as I was new to this pintxo culture, instead of asking advice from the staffs behind the bar (they were a bit cold, i guess because of many customers surrounded the bar), I asked one the customers who just ordered some interesting food on her plate, she was nice to explain what she ordered and spoke to me in good English.

I'd definitely want to eat there again when I visit Bilbao next time.