“Good but not great”

La Tagliatella Abando, Bilbao
Ranked #271 of 1,172 Restaurants in Bilbao
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Abando
Reviewed April 14, 2012

A decent Italian restaurant serving a pretty good range of dishes. Portions were huge and I have big appetite! I would suggest one pizza and salad between two would be sensible. Service ok but two meals came significantly before the other two. Some vege options but less than I'm used to in an Italian.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

The problem with many restaurants in Spain is the lack of non-meat options on the menu. We have found that Italian restaurants are a good choice for vegetarians visiting or already living in Spain. La Tagliatella fit the bill with an excellent salad and wonderful gnocchi.

1  Thank Rob G
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I've been to this restaurant twice, with quite opposite experiences, especially regarding service: the first time they were quite slow and busy, and they didn't want to serve as dessert because the kitchen was closed (they finally did, but only after we complained). The second time, the waitresses were extremely nice and helpful; in fact, they made a mistake in the bill in our favor (they forgot to charge something from our meal), we told them and they said that it was ok, that it was on the house.

The food in this restaurant is good, and the quantity is more than reasonable. In fact, I would recommend asking for less dishes than people (for instance, two or three dishes for four people should more than enough). Pizzas are quite big and well cooked, but I would recommend specially the pastas: you can choose the type of pasta and the sauce to go with it. And you have a wide selection to choose from.

There is another Tagliatella restaurant in Licenciado Poza, which I would assume is practically identical, but I've never been there so I really cannot say.

1  Thank Santi P
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Fresh bread, fresh pasta, great pizzas, terrific service! This restaurant accommodated our large party without batting an eye, served us all promptly and cordially with a minimum of fuss. We were able to order different combinations and share - it was a lovely afternoon! Highly recommend this spot if you are visiting with a group!

1  Thank ddhockey
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Great Italian restaurant with amazing value for money. The freshly made Italian bread is very recommendable! Certainly go here when you have the chance.

1  Thank Belgian101