“Great value and location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Bilbao Centro

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ibis Bilbao Centro
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Bilbao
Bakersfield, California
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Clean rooms, great price and fantastic location.

We were 15 mins from pretty much all of Bilbao (San Mames, Casco Viejo, etc) Pretty close to main roads out of Bilbao (we rented a car for 4 days).

We were really happy with staying there and will definitely stay there again when we visit Bilbao.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can get a bit noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I booked here as it mentioned close proximity to the Guggenheim and other attractions. This was a slight exaggeration, but most things are within a 15 minute walk. The best of the bars and restaurants are a little way away from the hotel but Bilbao is a pleasant place to walk through so not too much of a problem.
The rooms are what you expect from an Ibis, clean, functional and modern. I was pleased to see default items like an ironing board and iron, hairdryer and free wifi in each room. The wifi by the way was VERY slow, almost unworkable. I peaked at about 18 kbps, the speed of a slow dial up modem.

Staff were excellent; from check in to dining room. I got some great advice on places to visit with a detailed map. When I headed out for dinner the desk staff recommended some fine restaurants and the one I went to, La Mary, was exceptionally good and only two blocks away.
Parking is limited and cost 10 € per night which I thought was reasonable. Breakfast was slightly limited but all-you-can-eat buffet style with a mix of hot and cold selections. I didn’t have dinner nor use the bar but it seemed quite popular.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SimonBunn
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was a standard modern chain hotel. Normally I would be looking for something with more character. However, I booked the night before and was after a convenient and affordable hotel with wifi and a bar! For 62 Euros this fit the bill. I am not proud of the fact that I only planned one night in Bilbao and it is clearly a place I would like to return to absorb the culture a bit more. However my sole purpose was to stop over a night to see the Guggenheim on my way from Barcelona to the ferry in Santander. This Ibis, ticked all the boxes. It was pouring rain the day I was in Bilbao. I discarded any options other than taxis. It was about 5 euros to the hotel; there is a cab stand right across the street from the hotel and it was about 5 euros to the Guggenhiem and then back. I had a lovely hot shower on my return; enjoyed some drinks in the hotel bar and had a lovely stew in the restaurant before I got a good nights sleep and took a cab for about 6 euros to the bus station to take the bust to Santander to catch a ferry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I drove across to Bilbao from Alicante last week and we decided to have a mini-break in the city before catching the ferry to Portsmouth. The hotel was unbelieveable value, with precisely what we needed, secure (under the hotel) parking at 10E a night, a boutique hotel room with all you need, bang in the city centre, I think we paid about 48E/night incl breakfast, which was more than adequate. In addition, we had one of the rooms they let for taking a dog in with us, not any different to the others from what we could see, although we did pay 15E/night for this. Bilbao itself is a nice enough city, although I much preferred San Sebastian when we were there in July, although this was probably biased because we were there in the height of Summer. An excellent stop over hotel for a few days break.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a standard Iibis hotel so you know what you get. It is like many others good value for your money. The rooms are comfortable and surprisingly quiet especially when your window is facing the courtyard. We didn't bother to eat breakfast in the hotel because there are plenty of very nice coffee bars around. Just cross the next street and you will have good coffee together with plenty of nice pintxos. Further there are plenty of restaurants and shops around so getting something to eat or shopping is made easy. Within an acceptable walking distance you will be in the very center of the town and the Guggenheim or the old center aren't far away either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My OH, son and I took the bus from Bilbao airport to the Plaza Moyua and then walked to the hotel. The Ibis is within walking distance to all the tourist sights. The only time we used the Credittrans card was to take the metro to visit the Hanging bridge, pay for the funicular and the bus back to the airport.
We stayed at the Ibis for 4 nights. The hotel is clean and the staff very helpful. We ate at the cafés near the hotel for breakfast. Son really loved the fresh orange juice!

The hotel is in a good location and value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family