TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Buen Camino with Fresco Tours

Challenging self guided hike, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. But what a most rewarding... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Kc C
Camino from Sarria with Fresco Tours

We started our Camino in Sarria with Fresco Tours. You do not need to look any further as Fresco... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Linda S
Indianapolis, Indiana

Recommended experiences in and around Bilbao
from $35.20
from $1,020.54
from $84.11
More Info
All reviews own pace portuguese camino self guided manor houses fellow pilgrims camino walk hiking experience santiago tour tour companies luggage transfer great trip bus driver trip arrangements pre trip planning travel logistics highly recommend this trip tour starting
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did the French Camiño with Fresco 5 years ago and decided to do the Kinder Portuguese Camiño with some friends this time. Our guides Ana and Piero were fantastic and we even had dinner with a Count at one of the Manor Houses! The food(picnic and restaurants) were great. Raul the bus driver was also great and we always felt we were being well looked after, learning and having fun!

Date of experience: October 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear AlanW911,

We are so happy to have had you join Fresco Tours again for this second Camino adventure, and with your group of friends, which made it all the more entertaining!

I agree with you that Ana, Piero and Raul are wonderful and really bring a lot to the tour, with their knowledge, experience and support. Plus Ana & Piero's picnics aren't too bad either! ;)

We are fortunate to have a long-standing relationship with many of the accommodations along the Camino, such as the Count's manor house, which makes for interesting experiences such as your dinner (and toast) with the Count.

Thank you again for choosing Fresco Tours and we hope to have you join us again in the future. Hasta pronto!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Fresco Tours staff were amazing. From the administrator who helped us book the pilgrimage to the two guides who were fabulous, this company is totally customer oriented. The pilgrimage was difficult, but the staff were always there to help and encourage. The accommodations were great and the meals were delicious. If your hoping to do The Camino with a group, this is definitely the company to choose.

Date of experience: September 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear VBLily,

It was wonderful to work with all of you and even more wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your Camino experience!

I loved being part of the plan to surprise you with the bottles of wine from your friends and I hope you enjoyed the Rioja. :)

Our guides play such an important role on this journey and are always eager to provide support, assistance, share their stories and knowledge about the Camino, and to boot, prepare delicious, gourmet picnics!

We thank you again for choosing Fresco Tours and hope you'll keep on walking!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Loved every aspect of my Camino walk this month with my daughter and friends, supported by the superb guides and coordination of Fresco tours. The guides were the best I have ever encountered, the meals superb and with one exception, the hotels were of the highest quality. I would recommend Fresco tours to anyone considering a guided walk of the Camino.

Dear margaretk604,

How wonderful that you were able to walk the Camino with your daughter and friends - memories for a lifetime! :)

We are very fortunate to have a team of guides that love to share their passion for the Camino, their joy of preparing delicious picnic lunches and their sense of hospitality and support for the group.

In terms of accommodations, we are also lucky to have a long-standing relationship with the hotels and restored manor homes where the group stays along the trail, but we always appreciate your feedback so that we can improve for future groups.

I hope you can join us again in the future and I hope you'll keep on walking!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was an intense experience with the walk, the relationships and the excitement. It was immensely rewarding. We loved the camaraderie, the chosen hotels, the materials that were provided and the joy of walking where millions have gone before us.

Date of experience: October 2019
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Maureen!

Thank you so much for the review of your experience with Fresco Tours! I am so happy to know that you've had such a wonderful time with the group of fellow travelers...it was a special pleasure to be able to get together with all of you in Pedrouzo and to get to know you all a little more. I enjoyed myself tremendously and thank you all for taking the time after a long day on the Camino.
I am also glad to know that you have all bonded and have made fun and lasting memories along the Way!
I wish you well and hope to see you again in the future!
Best,
Elba

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An amazing trip that installed energy, inspiration, and new purpose in me. Knowledgeable tour guides, carefully selected hiking routes, memorable accommodations (comfort), and lots of Healthy gourmet meals !

Date of experience: September 2019
alexfrescotours, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Peipei P!

Gracias for the kind words! The Camino is truly an amazing journey and I'm glad to hear that you feel renewed. We are thrilled to see that you have already signed up for another Camino with Fresco Tours next year - always great to have clients repeat. Jeff and Piero send their regards - it was very kind of you to share your bottle of Porto with the rest of your pilgrims!

Keep walking and see you next year!!!!

Alex