Review Highlights
One of life’s greatest experiences

It is now 12 months since we walked the Camino from León to Santiago de Compostela with Fresco... read more

Reviewed April 16, 2020
CharlesR691
Melbourne, Australia
Camino de Santiago self guided tour

We had a wonderful self-guided tour with Fresco Tours from Ponferrada, Spain to Santiago de... read more

Reviewed February 2, 2020
Trail307969

All reviews portuguese camino self guided fellow pilgrims manor houses camino walk hiking experience santiago tour bus driver travel logistics tour starting knowledgeable tour guides side trips rewarding experience group tour once in a lifetime local foods amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2019

The Fresco Tours staff were amazing. From the administrator who helped us book the pilgrimage to the two guides who were fabulous, this company is totally customer oriented. The pilgrimage was difficult, but the staff were always there to help and encourage. The accommodations were great and the meals were delicious. If your hoping to do The Camino with a group, this is definitely the company to choose.

Date of experience: September 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2019

Dear VBLily,

It was wonderful to work with all of you and even more wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your Camino experience!

I loved being part of the plan to surprise you with the bottles of wine from your friends and I hope you enjoyed the Rioja. :)

Our guides play such an important role on this journey and are always eager to provide support, assistance, share their stories and knowledge about the Camino, and to boot, prepare delicious, gourmet picnics!

We thank you again for choosing Fresco Tours and hope you'll keep on walking!

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

Loved every aspect of my Camino walk this month with my daughter and friends, supported by the superb guides and coordination of Fresco tours. The guides were the best I have ever encountered, the meals superb and with one exception, the hotels were of the highest quality. I would recommend Fresco tours to anyone considering a guided walk of the Camino.

Date of experience: October 2019

Dear margaretk604,

How wonderful that you were able to walk the Camino with your daughter and friends - memories for a lifetime! :)

We are very fortunate to have a team of guides that love to share their passion for the Camino, their joy of preparing delicious picnic lunches and their sense of hospitality and support for the group.

In terms of accommodations, we are also lucky to have a long-standing relationship with the hotels and restored manor homes where the group stays along the trail, but we always appreciate your feedback so that we can improve for future groups.

I hope you can join us again in the future and I hope you'll keep on walking!

Best regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2019

It was an intense experience with the walk, the relationships and the excitement. It was immensely rewarding. We loved the camaraderie, the chosen hotels, the materials that were provided and the joy of walking where millions have gone before us.

Date of experience: October 2019
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2019

Dear Maureen!

Thank you so much for the review of your experience with Fresco Tours! I am so happy to know that you've had such a wonderful time with the group of fellow travelers...it was a special pleasure to be able to get together with all of you in Pedrouzo and to get to know you all a little more. I enjoyed myself tremendously and thank you all for taking the time after a long day on the Camino.
I am also glad to know that you have all bonded and have made fun and lasting memories along the Way!
I wish you well and hope to see you again in the future!
Best,
Elba

Reviewed October 10, 2019

An amazing trip that installed energy, inspiration, and new purpose in me. Knowledgeable tour guides, carefully selected hiking routes, memorable accommodations (comfort), and lots of Healthy gourmet meals !

Date of experience: September 2019
alexfrescotours, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2019

Hello Peipei P!

Gracias for the kind words! The Camino is truly an amazing journey and I'm glad to hear that you feel renewed. We are thrilled to see that you have already signed up for another Camino with Fresco Tours next year - always great to have clients repeat. Jeff and Piero send their regards - it was very kind of you to share your bottle of Porto with the rest of your pilgrims!

Keep walking and see you next year!!!!

Alex

Reviewed October 7, 2019

Fresco Tours does the best guided tours of the Camino. We did the Portugese with them last year and the French this year. They are excellent and with the very small groups (we had 12 this year), we got to know everyone and had so much fun together. Our guides, David and Hector, were excellent, and I would go with them again and again! If you're considering walking part of the Camino, do it with Fresco Tours!!

Date of experience: September 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2019

Dear helenr2018,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Fresco Tours! We are thrilled to have had you back with us for a second time, and we hope to have you return in the future.

It's always nice to hear that the group was able to bond and that you had fun with David & Hector - they are always happy to share their knowledge and love of the Camino!

Take care and hasta pronto - perhaps we can share a glass of vino blanco next time... :)

Warm regards,