Review Highlights
Fresco Kinder Camino is FABULOUS!

The Fresco Tours staff were amazing. From the administrator who helped us book the pilgrimage to... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
VBLily
Vero Beach
My Camino

Loved every aspect of my Camino walk this month with my daughter and friends, supported by the... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
margaretk604
St James
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bilbao
from $112.21
from $112.21
from $28.05
from $35.22
More Info
All reviews own pace portuguese camino self guided fellow pilgrims hiking experience tour companies luggage transfer manor houses great trip camino walk bus driver trip arrangements santiago tour pre trip planning travel logistics highly recommend this trip tour starting
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I don't normally go for group tours, but was very happy I did this 10-day hiking experience with Fresco Tours.The tour guides (Irene and Dora),were excellent and went above an beyond in their abilities to encourage the group, support the group and conquer any of the problems met along the way! They were dynamic, friendly and incredibly good at group dynamics, being very insightful and caring! Wow what a combination! I also wish to acknowledge the support staff, and Alissa for their timely and accurate responses on a wide range of questions we presented her in preparation of and during our tour. It made the experience very smooth, minimizing the stress of travelling! The accommodations and food were excellent! Thank you Fresco for a wonderful experience!

Date of experience: September 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Pierre F,

We are so happy to have had you join us and that you were able to complete this wonderful journey to Santiago in good company! And with savory food and restful nights in enchanting accommodations! :)

Irene and Dora are certainly knowledgeable and experienced guides, but what makes them stand out even more is their attention to detail and always going the extra mile to make the group feel comfortable and happy. They are true stars!

From the office and on behalf of everyone, it was a pleasure for me to work with you in assisting with your travel plans and making the trip worry-free. We try our best to make this possible!

I hope our paths can cross again in the future. Until then, be well and keep on walking!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Completed a 10 day trip with Fresco Tours and can't say enough about them. Impeccable travel logistics (before and during the trip), friendly, knowledgable, mature tour guides, fabulous food, lovely accommodations and all reasonably priced. Can't wait to do another trip with them.

Dear Terri S,

Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your Kinder Camino Portugues with Fresco Tours, and even more wonderful to hear your satisfaction with the service received pre-tour as well as while on tour with our fabulous guides. We try our best to accommodate your needs and assist with your travel planning so that you can just focus on walkind and enjoying the magic of the Camino.

Plus, we are blessed to have a great team of guides who love to share their knowledge of the Camino and the culture and history of Spain.

I am very happy to hear that you are thinking of returning and we hope to see you on the trail again soon. Until then, keep on walking!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fresco did a great job. All of the people we dealt with were helpful and knowledgeable. The guides were the greatest - friendly, helpful and always there to help out. The tour included everything -- no extra costs for meals, drinks etc. Accommodations were good and the food was great. Overall the tour exceeded my expectations.

Date of experience: September 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Getaway554563,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your Camino adventure with Fresco Tours! We are very fortunate to have a wonderful group of guides who are knowledgeable and always willing to go the extra mile to accommodate any needs when possible.

Besides, it's nice to find them waiting for you with a smile at the picnic lunches, with a nice cold beer calling your name! :)

It's been great working with you and we hope to have you join us again in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A number of years ago my wife and I watched the movie, "The Way" and put this on our bucket list to do in the future. Well that day finally arrived when my wife purchased me two tickets anywhere in the world Westjet flew. While looking up where I wanted to go, I noted that Westjet was offering a service to Barcelona, Spain (beginning in May, 2019). Immediately I recalled the movie and thought the time was right to walk and experience the Camino. I googled the Camino and the first site to pop up was Fresco Tours. I checked the tours available and discovered that one of the tours, the Kinder Camino, was taking place in the time frame we wanted to book our vacation.
Without hesitation I booked the tour and right from the start we were provided details on what to expect and asked if we needed to book accommodation prior to the tour starting and afterwards. Everytime I sent an email asking questions they were answered forthwith without hesitation and suggestions to make our experience more enjoyable. As this was our first trip outside of North America the first class service was greatly appreciated and all required booking were made so we knew exactly where we were going and staying.
On August 26, 2019 we were introduced to our fellow pilgrims and guides and immediately whatever concerns we had were put to rest and all were ensured that this would be once in a life time experience. On August 27 our journey began and 11 strangers, two guides and a bus driver become one. All with the goal of completing our own Camino. As a photographer I was usually at the rear of the pack but never felt pressured to increase my speed to keep up. Every mile walked was viewed through both my lenses (eye and camera) and senses as I had the opportunity to speak with many individuals from around the world who were walking the Camino for a variety of reasons.
Everyday began with a group breakfast composed of the foods native to the area we were staying in. Each picnic lunch feature local wines, cheeses and treats. The most favorite of our group, especially mine was the dark chocolate. Dinners were out of this world and the bond our group made became stronger each day. One of the individuals in our group was a vegan and after a few meals the rest of us began to sample the special meals she was provided. Our guides Jeffery and David went above and beyond to ensure our experience was top notched. Their local knowledge added to the experience and after a few days our brains were overloaded with knowledge. As well a third guide, Silvia, joined us for a couple of days. Her bubbly personality and always smiling face made the walk seem like nothing more than a stroll around the lake.
On Saturday August, 31, 2019 my wife and I celebrated our 34 wedding anniversary. We were the second couple of our group celebrating a wedding anniversary. All the staff went out of their way to ensure it was a day to remember with Champagne and a gift of two pilgrim dolls.
What else can I say but Fresco Tours went above and beyond to ensure our trip was one to remember. To my fellow pilgrims whom I shared meals and stories with, and the occasional sticky yellow drink, be safe until we once again cross paths. To those I have yet to meet and want to experience the Camino without the hassle of struggling to book accommodation, side trips, etc., I would highly recommend Fresco Tours for a once in a lifetime experience..

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Daniel R
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear danboy64,

I am so happy to hear that you were able to check this adventure off your bucket list, and more so, that you were able to fulfill your Camino dream with Fresco!

I understand that while you were receiving treats, such as dark chocolate, the guides and bus driver were also met with a surprise gift from you, as well as your knowledge of Canadian Native American traditions & culture. They appreciated you sharing this with them!

Also, how wonderful that you were able to celebrate your wedding anniversary in such a special setting and that you were able to share it with your group, who eventually became like a family. :)

On behalf of Fresco, I hope that our paths can cross again in the future and I hope you'll keep walking (and taking photos to capture the moments)!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Carol and Hector provided a wonderful tour on the Camino Norte. We had eight family members in our group with a wide range of ages and hiking experience. There was a great availability of options daily for a hike that was more challenging than the French Way. The Basque food was delicious and the fellowship with our group of 16 plus guides will be treasured.

Date of experience: September 2019
alexfrescotours, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Susan,

It was great to have dinner with you, your family and the rest of the peregrinos the other night in the Basque Country! The impromptu concert afterwards was an added treat.

After having met you and your sons on our Camino de Santiago tour a couple of years ago, it was like another family reunion. I've always felt that the Camino is a wonderful journey to share with loved ones - everyone has their own space, but are doing the same thing. Along the trail, you can walk alone or together, cover all the KMs or use the Check Points, in silence or chatting with each other. In the evening, we all get together to enjoy and reminisce the day's walk over a good meal with hearty laughs! Absolutely perfecto!

Thank you again for entrusting your family's reunion in our hands - we look forward to the next event!

Abrazos y besos,