Review Highlights
Fresco Kinder Camino is FABULOUS!

The Fresco Tours staff were amazing. From the administrator who helped us book the pilgrimage to... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
VBLily
Vero Beach
My Camino

Loved every aspect of my Camino walk this month with my daughter and friends, supported by the... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
margaretk604
St James
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bilbao
from $112.21
from $112.21
from $28.05
from $35.22
More Info
All reviews own pace portuguese camino self guided fellow pilgrims hiking experience tour companies luggage transfer manor houses great trip camino walk bus driver trip arrangements santiago tour pre trip planning travel logistics highly recommend this trip tour starting
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2019

Our group did part of the French Way through Fresco Tours. We were five Canadian friends and were joined by two more people. With a group of seven pilgrims and two guides we started our trek. It was the most fabulous experience. From the beautiful Manor’s we stayed in to the food and especially the great picnics. There wasn’t anything Fresco or our guides didn’t think of. There amazing ways of making sure we were comfortable became known in our group as “The Magic of the Camino”. Thank you Fresco Tours and our two incredible guides for helping make this a trip of a life time.

Date of experience: July 2019
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Dear travelforme60,

Wonderful to hear that you and your group were able to experience "the magic of the Camino"! Not only is it, as you say, in our guides, who always try their best to accommodate any needs, share their knowledge and love of the Camino, make the behind-the-scenes operations be as seamless as possible, but it's also the magic found in the accommodations and meals, and most importantly, in the journey itself.

It also seems that you were inspired on the Camino to sing and play the guitar, from what I hear? Your group can start up a band, The Camino Wonders! ;)

On behalf of all of us at Fresco Tours, it's been a pleasure to work with all of you and I hope that our paths can cross again in the future. Unitl then, take care and keep on walking!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2019

THANK YOU, Fresco Tours, Irene, and Dori! Our group had an amazing journey with you. We went with a group of 6 family and friends and were joined by two great sisters traveling together. We traveled with two 16 year old boys who loved it. It was the perfect combination of freedom and guidance. We did the "Kinder Camino" tour.
I can't say enough good things about our guides. They were so friendly and lovely and it was a pleasure spending the trip with them. They were great with my mom, in her 80s and doing her second trip, and were perfect knowing which stretches she could walk and which she shouldn't. Their picnics were amazing and I came away loving the fresh local foods. I'd definitely take another tour with Fresco and highly recommend it.

Date of experience: July 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Dear jenbH3565WA,

It's so nice to hear that you were able to walk with your mom, son, cousin and friends, and share this special experience with your loved ones! Plus, you got to "pre" celebrate your birthday in your own way!

We are very fortunate to have Irene and Dora on the Fresco team/family, and they truly go out of their way to help and accommodate any needs that the group has. And as I understand it, you also helped on the Camino as a messenger! ;)

It is comforting to know that while you are walking and taking in the scenery and the magic of the trail, on our guided tour, your needs are taken care of behind-the-scenes, you are greeted by a lovely picnic lunch which gives you the energy to continue walking, and finally, if you need to shorten the walk for any reason, this can be done without taking away from the experience.

We hope to have you join us again in the future and I wish you a lovely rest of the summer! Be well and take care!

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2019

Sixteen members of the congregation I serve in Ohio, walked the El Camino together, in June of 2019. We had a wonderful experience and were aware of God's presence through our many experiences on the Camino. We felt blessed by our pilgrimage and will be sharing the experience with members in August.

Fresco Tours was very helpful with the details of our Camino Pilgrimage. We walked the self guided tour from Sarria to Santiago (115KM). All our daily concerns were worked out a head of time. This allowed the leaders of the tour to focus on and encourage spiritual reflection when we gathered each evening as a group. Thank you Fresco Tours for helping this dream become a reality for our congregation

Date of experience: June 2019
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Dear Pat!

Thank you for your lovely words...I am so very happy that you found Fresco Tours to be the answer to your prayers when it came to not having to worry about anything other than the Camino! We, at Fresco Tours, strive for this level of attention to detail and service to our clients.

I loved working with you throughout the planning process and even more special, the fact that I was able to meet you all in Sarria. You are indeed blessed to have such a wonderful group of people in your congregation.

We hope to have you join us again in the future for another special pilgrimage! Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Love and peace!

Elba

Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

I planned to complete the French Camino myself, sleeping in alburges/hostels and walking the Way in about 40 days.

Unfortunately, I injured my right knee and contemplated going home after completing about 200km. I checked in with friends in the U.S., one of whom had completed the Sarria to Santiago de Compostela stage with Fresco. After speaking with her, I decided to book the Fresco tour about a week prior to its start.

The group was small and friendly but the guides were as amazing as the scenery. One was a professor of political science and the other a professor of sociology; both were fit hikers. It was fascinating to hear them talk about their country, its history and future.

The meal and lodging arrangements were first class but I liked the lunch picnics the best. We enjoyed guide prepared regional dishes and specialties plus dessert!

Once I joined the tour, I did not worry about one thing - not even my second backpack, weighing about 15 kg. It was moved and waiting in my luxe room after each day’s walk.

I was injured but was able to complete several stages and 80% of most days. They always circled back to make sure I was safe.

I am so happy I did not let my injury stop me from completing my dream - the feeling of walking into the square in Santiago is one I will long remember. The only way I was able to accomplish this was with the help and support of Raul and Hector, my competent Fresco guides.

Date of experience: June 2019
alexfrescotours, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Dear Kris,

I am SO glad that we were able to help you finish what you started. The Camino is something magical and having started at the beginning, it makes us happy to have helped you reach the end in Santiago!

Raul and Hector are top notch - the perfect balance of educators, historians, coaches, and chefs! Raul is always there to help fish out those walking sticks too!!! A big hand to Alissa too, who was able to get you onboard at the last minute - she truly is a tour angel.

We'd love to have you back in the Basque Country - if there is anything we can do, you know where to find us. Hasta pronto and buen camino!

Saludos from Spain,

Alex C

Reviewed June 26, 2019

Just completed the "Kinder Camino" tour which I recommend without reservations. Very responsive pre-tour experience, and a flawlessly executed 110 KM walk. The logistics well thought out, the accommodations in historic homes exquisite, the food plentiful, and the guides magnificent! Walk, don't run, this iconic journey.

Date of experience: June 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Dear Q9565IXmck,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Camino experience. It was a pleasure working with you and your friends to assist with some of your pre and post-tour travel plans, and I'm glad that you were able to experience the magic of the Camino with your amigas!

In terms of the food, we always try to make sure that you are able to sample different dishes made with fresh, local products and some of the traditional flavors of Galicia.

I hope our paths can cross again in the future, and until then, be well!

Un abrazo,