Review Highlights
Great Experience, great guides

Our group did part of the French Way through Fresco Tours. We were five Canadian friends and were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
travelforme60
Amazing Experience and Amazing Guides

THANK YOU, Fresco Tours, Irene, and Dori! Our group had an amazing journey with you. We went with a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jenbH3565WA

Recommended experiences in and around Bilbao
from $35.43
Bilbao in boat
3 Reviews
from $94.81
from $127.54
More Info
All reviews own pace buen camino self guided great trip tour companies luggage transfer manor houses camino walk hiking experience trip arrangements santiago tour pre trip planning highly recommend this trip fellow walkers single woman beautiful country amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I planned to complete the French Camino myself, sleeping in alburges/hostels and walking the Way in about 40 days.

Unfortunately, I injured my right knee and contemplated going home after completing about 200km. I checked in with friends in the U.S., one of whom had completed the Sarria to Santiago de Compostela stage with Fresco. After speaking with her, I decided to book the Fresco tour about a week prior to its start.

The group was small and friendly but the guides were as amazing as the scenery. One was a professor of political science and the other a professor of sociology; both were fit hikers. It was fascinating to hear them talk about their country, its history and future.

The meal and lodging arrangements were first class but I liked the lunch picnics the best. We enjoyed guide prepared regional dishes and specialties plus dessert!

Once I joined the tour, I did not worry about one thing - not even my second backpack, weighing about 15 kg. It was moved and waiting in my luxe room after each day’s walk.

I was injured but was able to complete several stages and 80% of most days. They always circled back to make sure I was safe.

I am so happy I did not let my injury stop me from completing my dream - the feeling of walking into the square in Santiago is one I will long remember. The only way I was able to accomplish this was with the help and support of Raul and Hector, my competent Fresco guides.

Date of experience: June 2019
alexfrescotours, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Kris,

I am SO glad that we were able to help you finish what you started. The Camino is something magical and having started at the beginning, it makes us happy to have helped you reach the end in Santiago!

Raul and Hector are top notch - the perfect balance of educators, historians, coaches, and chefs! Raul is always there to help fish out those walking sticks too!!! A big hand to Alissa too, who was able to get you onboard at the last minute - she truly is a tour angel.

We'd love to have you back in the Basque Country - if there is anything we can do, you know where to find us. Hasta pronto and buen camino!

Saludos from Spain,

Alex C

Reviewed June 26, 2019

Just completed the "Kinder Camino" tour which I recommend without reservations. Very responsive pre-tour experience, and a flawlessly executed 110 KM walk. The logistics well thought out, the accommodations in historic homes exquisite, the food plentiful, and the guides magnificent! Walk, don't run, this iconic journey.

Date of experience: June 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Dear Q9565IXmck,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Camino experience. It was a pleasure working with you and your friends to assist with some of your pre and post-tour travel plans, and I'm glad that you were able to experience the magic of the Camino with your amigas!

In terms of the food, we always try to make sure that you are able to sample different dishes made with fresh, local products and some of the traditional flavors of Galicia.

I hope our paths can cross again in the future, and until then, be well!

Un abrazo,

Alissa J

Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

Our experience with Fresco Tours from the very beginning organizing our booking with Alex and Alissa was professional and personal. Our guides David and Piero both with local knowledge as they looked after us throughout the 9 day trek. We believe we struck it lucky in our group the nicest people you would expect, and we had many fun good times too. On the Camino we experience the very best of humanity people from all over the world, say “ Buen Camino “ to each other. Thank You Fresco Tours for helping us make this challenging journey most memorable.
Highly recommend Fresco Tours.

From Toni and Gis

1  Thank 1623GT
alexfrescotours, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Hello Toni and Gis,

Congrats on the completion of the Camino! Nice to hear that your group bonded and became a family. It tends to happen on our groups - part magic of the Camino, part bringing like minded people together, and a BIG part of all the hard work Alissa, David and Piero do to make all of our guests feel right at home! Keep walking and please keep us posted on your adventures.

Saludos from Spain,

Alex

Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

We selected Fresco Tours because they offered an opportunity to hike the last part of the Camino with shorter miles per day than the standard Camino tours. The value of the trip for the price was exceptional and all the staff members were great at every stage from planning through post trip arrangements. I had read other favorable reviews and concur with them that this is an outstanding company!

Date of experience: June 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2019

Dear janepF299EF,

And we are so happy that you opted to walk the Camino with Fresco! It was a pleasure working with you for the pre-tour planning and I'm glad that you were able to walk with your other half! :)

I know you had some issues with your ankle, but fortunately, our Kinder "gentler" Camino allows you to walk shorter distances and still receive your Compostela certificate!

We hope to see you again on the trail in the future. Until then, take care and keep on walking!

Warm regards,

Alissa J

Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

Recently completed Chapter 2, my second Camino walk with Fresco Tours. Fresco plans the daily mileage, arranges the hotels, handles the luggage and basically eliminates the complications, leaving you to focus on being a pilgrim. The groups are small, so by day 2 or so you find yourself walking with new friends. The guides are helpful and knowledgeable, but you set your own pace. The picnic lunches along the trail, and dinners with the group are highlights, as are the tours of cathedrals and other notable sites along the way. Many different tours are offered. This definitely is the way to do the Camino.

Date of experience: June 2019
alexfrescotours, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2019

Dear 3ke3,

Thank you for the kind words! It was my pleasure to join you and the group for lunch and be on the trail. The Camino is truly a very magical journey and I'm glad we were able to let you enjoy the walk and be a pilgrim! Lucas says Hello and is ready for another Iphone rescue!

Abrazos,