Review Highlights
All you need are hiking boots!

I planned to complete the French Camino myself, sleeping in alburges/hostels and walking the Way in... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Kristin W
Playa Grande, Costa Rica
via mobile
Unforgettable Journey

Just completed the "Kinder Camino" tour which I recommend without reservations. Very responsive... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Q9565IXmck
Norwalk, Connecticut

Recommended experiences in and around Bilbao
from $114.37
from $35.90
from $18.30
More Info
All reviews own pace buen camino self guided great trip tour companies luggage transfer manor houses camino walk hiking experience trip arrangements santiago tour pre trip planning highly recommend this trip fellow walkers single woman beautiful country excellent tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We selected Fresco Tours because they offered an opportunity to hike the last part of the Camino with shorter miles per day than the standard Camino tours. The value of the trip for the price was exceptional and all the staff members were great at every stage from planning through post trip arrangements. I had read other favorable reviews and concur with them that this is an outstanding company!

Date of experience: June 2019
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear janepF299EF,

And we are so happy that you opted to walk the Camino with Fresco! It was a pleasure working with you for the pre-tour planning and I'm glad that you were able to walk with your other half! :)

I know you had some issues with your ankle, but fortunately, our Kinder "gentler" Camino allows you to walk shorter distances and still receive your Compostela certificate!

We hope to see you again on the trail in the future. Until then, take care and keep on walking!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently completed Chapter 2, my second Camino walk with Fresco Tours. Fresco plans the daily mileage, arranges the hotels, handles the luggage and basically eliminates the complications, leaving you to focus on being a pilgrim. The groups are small, so by day 2 or so you find yourself walking with new friends. The guides are helpful and knowledgeable, but you set your own pace. The picnic lunches along the trail, and dinners with the group are highlights, as are the tours of cathedrals and other notable sites along the way. Many different tours are offered. This definitely is the way to do the Camino.

Date of experience: June 2019
alexfrescotours, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 3ke3,

Thank you for the kind words! It was my pleasure to join you and the group for lunch and be on the trail. The Camino is truly a very magical journey and I'm glad we were able to let you enjoy the walk and be a pilgrim! Lucas says Hello and is ready for another Iphone rescue!

Abrazos,

Alex

Reviewed June 6, 2019

The trip we just took from Ponferrada to Santiago was truly a Life Changing adventure. Fresco Tours was fantastic! The accomodations and coordination were well planned and everything was set up to help us enjoy ourselves and be taken care of along our way. It was such a great experience-- beautiful countryside, physically challenging, each day's walk was mapped out and clear where it needed to be. I loved this trip and I loved working with Fresco Tours. They really provide personalized excellent service. Thank you Fresco!

1  Thank Jamie N
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear Jamie! Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I am so very happy that you had such a wonderful experience on the Camino and with Fresco Tours. We strive to give our clients the best possible adventure and always, stress-free in every possible way!

I loved meeting you in Lestedo, along with your friends Susan and Heidi and hearing your experiences on the Camino. I am glad that you were also able to share this time with your new Camino friends Donna and Lydia. It is wonderful to make new friends along the way.

Take good care and hope to see you again on one of our other tours.

Un abrazo!

Elba

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

If you’re thinking of doing the Camino de Santiago tour and don’t want to do anything but walk, I recommend doing it with Fresco Tours. My husband and I just completed the guided Kinder Portuguese Camino and we can’t say enough good things about it. Alis, Pedro and Raoul, The Fresco team that looked after us are excellent. Without being overbearing, they ensured our safety and comfort. Special mention needs to be made for the lunch picnics, They were nutritious and delicious. Also, the hotels we stayed in were usually in beautiful settings and those located in the cities were in great locations.
We definitely feel that we received value for our money on this very memorable journey.

1  Thank Kramer62
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Dear Kramer62,

Wonderful to hear that your Camino Portugues tour with Fresco exceeded your expectations! We are fortunate to have a team that enjoys what they do and even more so, loves sharing their knowledge with those who come to experience the magic of the Camino.

In reference to the picnic lunches, we really try to make them as varied as possible, using fresh, local ingredients when possible and keeping in mind any dietary restrictons/allergies that some group members may have. And part of the fun goes into the presentation of the picnics too!

Finally, our accommodations are selected based on certain standards, as well as the unique nature/history that some of the places have. Getting a well-deserved rest in a lovely setting is key to enjoying another day on the trail the next morning.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on the Camino in the future!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

I just completed my second hike with Fresco. This time I hiked the Portugal route to Santiago de Compostela. Everything about this trip was amazing. Everything is perfectly organized from start to finish. The places we stayed at night were fabulous. The food was all delicious. Most importantly the guides were the best! Irene and Jeffery were so professional and personable. They worked tirelessly to ensure we all had the best experience possible. I will definitely go back and highly recommend this trip. What you get for your money is amazing. Thanks to you all at Fresco! Kitty.

1  Thank Nolalee5
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Hi Nolalee5,

We are thrilled that you decided to join us again and even happier to hear that you enjoyed the Camino Portugues experience with your group, Jeffery & Irene.

We are fortunate to have such a great group of guides, who are not only knowledgable, but also like going the extra mile to put smiles on people's faces!

We look forward to having you join us again very soon, and wish you a wonderful summer!

Warm regards,