Review Highlights
Unforgettable Journey

Just completed the "Kinder Camino" tour which I recommend without reservations. Very responsive... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Q9565IXmck
Norwalk, Connecticut
Camino Kinder Camino June-10

Our experience with Fresco Tours from the very beginning organizing our booking with Alex and... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
1623GT
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bilbao
from $36.37
from $18.54
from $86.90
from $68.36
More Info
All reviews own pace buen camino self guided great trip tour companies luggage transfer manor houses hiking experience santiago tour pre trip planning highly recommend this trip fellow walkers single woman beautiful country excellent tour amazing experience kinder
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Recently completed the 115km Self Guided Fresco Tours walk from Sarria to Santiago - it went by too quickly! First off a shout out to Elba who is awesome! Right from our first inquiry many months ago she was at the ready to help suggest and book our pre and post walk travel arrangements. Roberto welcomed us warmly and got us organized with everything we needed to find our way. We enjoyed his history lessons and escort out of Sarria. We enjoyed the walk and camaraderie of fellow walkers/pilgrims we met along the way. It was a fabulous experience and one we won't forget. We highly recommend Fresco Tours.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Kelly J
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Dear Kelly and Kim!

Thank you so much for your review of Fresco Tours...I have loved working with you through the planning process to ensure that your trip was as stress-free as possible! Roberto is a wonderful resource and guide...he is a true professional and very knowledgeable on the history of the Camino.

I am also very happy that you enjoyed your Camino adventure and that you were able to complete this journey which is so very special!

Have a great Summer and come back and visit us again in the future!

Un abrazo!

Reviewed November 17, 2018

My Camino de Santiago with Fresco Tours was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. I completed their Kinder Camino on October 5, 2018 and have only wonderful things to say about this journey. From the moment I booked my tour with Fresco Tours, I knew that I made the right decision. Alissa, their coordinator, took care of every detail and always took care of my requests. Hector and Alis, our guides, were superb. I knew immediately that I was in good hands with them. They taught us so much about the Camino and so much about their beautiful country. As a single woman in my 60's, I highly recommend Fresco Tours for the Camino de Santiago.

1  Thank Maureen V
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Dear Maureen V,

The Camino is truly a special experience to have in life, and I am very happy that you were able to share it with the rest of the group, and even celebrate your arrival to Santiago with family!

Our guides, Alis & Hector, are very knowledgeable and have loads of experience along the trail. But more importantly, they love what they do, and that really shines through. We are lucky to have them as part of our Fresco family!

Moreover, one of the great things about our guided tours is that whether you come with friends/partner or solo, there is always time to walk on your own with your thoughts, but also time to share your journey with others along the trail, and you know there is always someone there to cheer you on.

Take care and keep on walking!

Best regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2018

I had a first rate experience walking the kinder, gentler Camino organized by Fresco Tours. Our guides were knowledgeable and took us to places just off the Camino that
really enriched the experience. The several inns we stayed in over the 10 day walk many of them over two hundred years were well appointed and each had its own charm. All the meals were prepared with local ingredients even the al fresco lunches prepared by our guides. The nine other fellow pilgrims that made up our group came from different parts of the US and Australia. I could have asked for a more convivial
group,

1  Thank GoPlaces626648

Dear GoPlaces626648,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, though the text was unfortunately cut off for some reason. :(

Nonetheless, it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience on the trail with your group and your Fresco Tours guides.

We are very fortunate to have guides who are experienced and knowledgeable, but who also wear many hats, among them, that of chefs! They pride themselves in preparing tasty gourmet picnics for the group (when weather allows), made up of fresh and local ingredients, so that you can really get a taste of the Camino.

Thank you again and all the best!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2018

Awesome experience on the kinder camino de santiago. 3 years ago myself and 2 other friends discussed walking the camino, ultimately 6 of us just completed walking the camino. None of us envisioned how well we would be taken care of from the initial planning via email to final completion. I have been totally impressed by the thoroughness and follow through of each request, hotels prior to and after (we did some sight-seeing in Madrid and Santiago), train tickets and a food tour were arranged by Alissa. The tour guides, Piero and Roberto, made this walk special via their knowledge, enthusiasm, ever watchful care (myself and anther friend walked very slowly), changes due to weather were seamlessly made,the evening meeting kept our group informed of the next day walk with a printed plan, and the picnic lunches by Piero superb. Our bus driver, Raul, also provide safe travel. The restaurants and evening accommodations excellent. Needless, to say Fresco tour made this a wonderful and unforgettable experience with friends.

1  Thank aztsteward
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Dear aztsteward,

So lovely to hear that you enjoyed the Camino and were able to accomplish this grand achievement with your friends! It was a pleasure to be able to help you with arrangements, and more importantly, to know that you had a grand old time. :)

We are very lucky to have a great team of guides and support staff who love what they do and enjoying sharing their knowledge and experiences. Besides, they put together a pretty yummy picnic to boot! We always try to use fresh, local ingredients and make each picnic lunch different so that you can get a taste of different delights offered in Spain.

I look forward to hearing more about your trip and hope that you will cherish the memories made on the Camino for years to come!

Best regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2018

Our ten days could not have been better. What made it the best were our two guides, David and Dora. By golly, in every way they were more than outstanding, in caring of us, teaching us the history, sharing how to experience the Camino, helping us when we needed help, laughing with us and just being great hosts. Our accomodation was superb, the food was almost too good and the experience has been superlative.
Barbara Wybar

Dear bwybar,

It's so great to hear that you had fun on the Camino and were well-taken care of! I concur with you that David & Dora are knowledgeable and caring guides, and we are very fortunate to have them on our team. :)

The great thing about the Kinder Camino guided tour is that you can walk at your own pace, enjoy the company of others or fly solo for a while, but know that you are always supported behind the scenes. Plus, you know that at the end of the trail awaits a yummy, freshly-made picnic lunch or a pick-me-up snack to keep you going.

I hope you'll keep on walking and "singing" about the Camino!

Warm regards,