“Wonderful way to walk the Camino”
Review of Fresco Tours

Fresco Tours
Ranked #9 of 52 Tours in Bilbao
More attraction details
Owner description: Visiting the Basque Country? Looking to walk the Camino de Santiago? Spend an afternoon or day with us and, we'll show you our neighborhood! We've got lots of things to share with you - from breath taking coastal walks leading into San Sebastian, to the world acclaimed Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, and fabulous vinos of La Rioja wine region!
Reviewed October 16, 2018

We booked our tour with Fresco on the recommendation of a friend and after looking at several other tour companies - we are so happy we did! Hovering around 60 years old and in good physical condition, we wanted a Camino experience that challenged us physically and spiritually, but still provided flexibility to walk at our own pace, be with a group or not for meals and sight seeing, transported our luggage, and selected comfortable lodging each night. Fresco did all of this and more, flawlessly. We felt that the 200km tour was just the right length to get into the pilgrim groove but not too long as to occupy all of our vacation time. We were very fortunate that the seven other pilgrims who shared our itinerary were wonderful people and became close friends during the walk. Although, with research one could select and book the hotels on their own and arrange for luggage transfer, it was very comforting to know that Fresco Tours was just a phone call away if problems presented, which they didn't. If you are thinking of hiking the Camino, look at what Fresco offers - you will be glad you did.

1  Thank Alex B
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear Alex and Marcia! Thank you so much for your review! I am so very happy to have had a chance to meet you and to discuss your Camino experience while enjoying a nice glass of wine with you and the rest of the group :-)

Our Fresco Start self-guided tours are designed in such a way that they provide our pilgrims the opportunity to have more freedom to walk at their own pace and to still reap all the benefits of being with a group of fellow travellers to exchange experiences at the end of the day. I am glad that you found that this tour worked perfectly for you and your hopes for the Camino.

Thanks again for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino and hope to see you again in the future!

All reviews
"leon"
in 6 reviews
"sarria"

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I just finished the Kinder Camino with Fresco. It was fantastic. The food, guides, places we stayed were really good. It was seamless in all ways. Everything was very well planned. And Alex, the owner of Fresco showed up and walked with us one day. What a treat! My friend and I are from Louisiana and we quickly learned that Galician flat is not the same as La. flat. But we did it! Great trip in every Way!

Date of experience: September 2018
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Hi NanaLong,

So happy that you enjoyed your Camino adventure and that you were able to complete this journey with your friend and the rest of the group.

It's always a treat to have Alex on the trail and we always tell him he needs to go out more often! :)

I hope that our paths can cross again in the future and I hope you'll keep walking!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Just finished 120 km with Fresco's "Kinder Camino". It was a perfectly organized trip from initial contact to all pre-trip planning for things like hotel rooms pre-trip and trains from Madrid to Leon, to the walk itself. We stayed in lovely old manors we never would have found on our own, ate wonderful food, drank good wine - all superbly organized by Fresco. Our guides were knowledgeable and engaging on everything from Spanish history to Spanish wines. The "Kinder" version meant that we did the trek a little slower than traditional trips. As a 70+ and - couple we appreciated that and found the distances very manageable. It was a truly rewarding trip and we are planning on "keeping walking" so we can add another section of the Camino to our accomplishments - definitely with Fresco again.

1  Thank retinott

Dear retinott,

Congratulations on your accomplishment, reaching Santiago with your friend and the rest of the group! We are so happy that we could be a part of your Camino adventure, and make it a memorable experience.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, food and company! We strive to maintain a good relationship with our suppliers in order to be able to go that extra mile for you.

I hope that we can see you again on the trail, and as you said, keep on walking!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I'm still processing my Camino, but Fresco Tours did a great job for us.
My wife and I -- and several friends from college -- did a 200 km self-guided trip with Fresco Tours starting in Ponferrada, Spain and ending in Santiago. The hotels were good to great, which you have to expect walking across Northern Spain. They managed luggage transfers from hotel to hotel splendidly. And when we had issues, such as a lost t-shirt or sunglasses, Fresco stepped up and found the items and forwarded them to our hotels downstream. How cool is that?
Our best experience happened when one of our friends had a medical issue. Fresco arranged for my friend to meet with a doctor and then rent a car when it became clear he could not continue walking the Camino.
I cannot say enough good things about Fresco Tours. When I return to Spain, and I will, my first call will be to Fresco. They look after their clients.

Date of experience: September 2018
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Hola Mark! Thank you so much for your review of Fresco Tours...much appreciated!
It has been a pleasure working with your group and I am so happy to hear that everything was to your satisfaction! It was great to be able to assist Joel with his medical issue and I know that he and Lila were very appreciative. I was also very happy to hear that even though you and your college friends traveled as a group, that you welcomed my solo traveler, Joanne, as part of it and that you all bonded! We like to see that happen! Thank you again for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino adventure and hope to see you again on the trail in the near future!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Loved our journey on the Camino! We were 7 friends traveling together, and Alys and Robert were our excellent guides. We had delicious food, outstanding, unique accommodations in manors and palaces, and terrific guidance so we could each enjoy the Camino for our own reasons and at our own pace. Can’t say enough about how special this tour was.

Date of experience: August 2018
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear ksnunan,

I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the magic of the Camino with your friends. I am sure it was very special to be able to walk together (or on your own when you wanted time to meditate), yet at the same time know that you were supported and taken care of by Roberto & Alis.

The accommodations certainly add to this magic, with their unique and beautiful settings, but I think what makes your experience more exciting is the fact that you were able to share it with your "people".

I hope you can all continue to walk together!