Review Highlights
Fellowship, friendship, and accomplishment

aztsteward
Springfield, Missouri
Outstanding 10 days with Fresco Tours on the Camino!

bwybar
Stonington, Maine

All reviews own pace buen camino self guided luggage transfer manor houses tour companies great trip pre trip planning beautiful scenery excellent tour an amazing experience all ages kinder raul sarria elba pilgrims
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Awesome experience on the kinder camino de santiago. 3 years ago myself and 2 other friends discussed walking the camino, ultimately 6 of us just completed walking the camino. None of us envisioned how well we would be taken care of from the initial planning via email to final completion. I have been totally impressed by the thoroughness and follow through of each request, hotels prior to and after (we did some sight-seeing in Madrid and Santiago), train tickets and a food tour were arranged by Alissa. The tour guides, Piero and Roberto, made this walk special via their knowledge, enthusiasm, ever watchful care (myself and anther friend walked very slowly), changes due to weather were seamlessly made,the evening meeting kept our group informed of the next day walk with a printed plan, and the picnic lunches by Piero superb. Our bus driver, Raul, also provide safe travel. The restaurants and evening accommodations excellent. Needless, to say Fresco tour made this a wonderful and unforgettable experience with friends.

Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear aztsteward,

So lovely to hear that you enjoyed the Camino and were able to accomplish this grand achievement with your friends! It was a pleasure to be able to help you with arrangements, and more importantly, to know that you had a grand old time. :)

We are very lucky to have a great team of guides and support staff who love what they do and enjoying sharing their knowledge and experiences. Besides, they put together a pretty yummy picnic to boot! We always try to use fresh, local ingredients and make each picnic lunch different so that you can get a taste of different delights offered in Spain.

I look forward to hearing more about your trip and hope that you will cherish the memories made on the Camino for years to come!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our ten days could not have been better. What made it the best were our two guides, David and Dora. By golly, in every way they were more than outstanding, in caring of us, teaching us the history, sharing how to experience the Camino, helping us when we needed help, laughing with us and just being great hosts. Our accomodation was superb, the food was almost too good and the experience has been superlative.
Barbara Wybar

Dear bwybar,

It's so great to hear that you had fun on the Camino and were well-taken care of! I concur with you that David & Dora are knowledgeable and caring guides, and we are very fortunate to have them on our team. :)

The great thing about the Kinder Camino guided tour is that you can walk at your own pace, enjoy the company of others or fly solo for a while, but know that you are always supported behind the scenes. Plus, you know that at the end of the trail awaits a yummy, freshly-made picnic lunch or a pick-me-up snack to keep you going.

I hope you'll keep on walking and "singing" about the Camino!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked our tour with Fresco on the recommendation of a friend and after looking at several other tour companies - we are so happy we did! Hovering around 60 years old and in good physical condition, we wanted a Camino experience that challenged us physically and spiritually, but still provided flexibility to walk at our own pace, be with a group or not for meals and sight seeing, transported our luggage, and selected comfortable lodging each night. Fresco did all of this and more, flawlessly. We felt that the 200km tour was just the right length to get into the pilgrim groove but not too long as to occupy all of our vacation time. We were very fortunate that the seven other pilgrims who shared our itinerary were wonderful people and became close friends during the walk. Although, with research one could select and book the hotels on their own and arrange for luggage transfer, it was very comforting to know that Fresco Tours was just a phone call away if problems presented, which they didn't. If you are thinking of hiking the Camino, look at what Fresco offers - you will be glad you did.

Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Alex and Marcia! Thank you so much for your review! I am so very happy to have had a chance to meet you and to discuss your Camino experience while enjoying a nice glass of wine with you and the rest of the group :-)

Our Fresco Start self-guided tours are designed in such a way that they provide our pilgrims the opportunity to have more freedom to walk at their own pace and to still reap all the benefits of being with a group of fellow travellers to exchange experiences at the end of the day. I am glad that you found that this tour worked perfectly for you and your hopes for the Camino.

Thanks again for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I just finished the Kinder Camino with Fresco. It was fantastic. The food, guides, places we stayed were really good. It was seamless in all ways. Everything was very well planned. And Alex, the owner of Fresco showed up and walked with us one day. What a treat! My friend and I are from Louisiana and we quickly learned that Galician flat is not the same as La. flat. But we did it! Great trip in every Way!

Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Hi NanaLong,

So happy that you enjoyed your Camino adventure and that you were able to complete this journey with your friend and the rest of the group.

It's always a treat to have Alex on the trail and we always tell him he needs to go out more often! :)

I hope that our paths can cross again in the future and I hope you'll keep walking!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Just finished 120 km with Fresco's "Kinder Camino". It was a perfectly organized trip from initial contact to all pre-trip planning for things like hotel rooms pre-trip and trains from Madrid to Leon, to the walk itself. We stayed in lovely old manors we never would have found on our own, ate wonderful food, drank good wine - all superbly organized by Fresco. Our guides were knowledgeable and engaging on everything from Spanish history to Spanish wines. The "Kinder" version meant that we did the trek a little slower than traditional trips. As a 70+ and - couple we appreciated that and found the distances very manageable. It was a truly rewarding trip and we are planning on "keeping walking" so we can add another section of the Camino to our accomplishments - definitely with Fresco again.

1  Thank retinott

Dear retinott,

Congratulations on your accomplishment, reaching Santiago with your friend and the rest of the group! We are so happy that we could be a part of your Camino adventure, and make it a memorable experience.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, food and company! We strive to maintain a good relationship with our suppliers in order to be able to go that extra mile for you.

I hope that we can see you again on the trail, and as you said, keep on walking!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I'm still processing my Camino, but Fresco Tours did a great job for us.
My wife and I -- and several friends from college -- did a 200 km self-guided trip with Fresco Tours starting in Ponferrada, Spain and ending in Santiago. The hotels were good to great, which you have to expect walking across Northern Spain. They managed luggage transfers from hotel to hotel splendidly. And when we had issues, such as a lost t-shirt or sunglasses, Fresco stepped up and found the items and forwarded them to our hotels downstream. How cool is that?
Our best experience happened when one of our friends had a medical issue. Fresco arranged for my friend to meet with a doctor and then rent a car when it became clear he could not continue walking the Camino.
I cannot say enough good things about Fresco Tours. When I return to Spain, and I will, my first call will be to Fresco. They look after their clients.

Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Hola Mark! Thank you so much for your review of Fresco Tours...much appreciated!
It has been a pleasure working with your group and I am so happy to hear that everything was to your satisfaction! It was great to be able to assist Joel with his medical issue and I know that he and Lila were very appreciative. I was also very happy to hear that even though you and your college friends traveled as a group, that you welcomed my solo traveler, Joanne, as part of it and that you all bonded! We like to see that happen! Thank you again for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino adventure and hope to see you again on the trail in the near future!

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Loved our journey on the Camino! We were 7 friends traveling together, and Alys and Robert were our excellent guides. We had delicious food, outstanding, unique accommodations in manors and palaces, and terrific guidance so we could each enjoy the Camino for our own reasons and at our own pace. Can’t say enough about how special this tour was.

Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear ksnunan,

I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the magic of the Camino with your friends. I am sure it was very special to be able to walk together (or on your own when you wanted time to meditate), yet at the same time know that you were supported and taken care of by Roberto & Alis.

The accommodations certainly add to this magic, with their unique and beautiful settings, but I think what makes your experience more exciting is the fact that you were able to share it with your "people".

I hope you can all continue to walk together!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Really enjoyed the Camino, I travelled solo and Fresco did a great job organizing. Great hotels and detailed maps. Carol Unger my Fresco tour representative was very helpful too!

Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Dear Russ!

Thank you so much for your review!

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Camino with Fresco Tours and that you found everything to your liking. Glad you met Carol who is a wonderful and very knowledgeable guide and who also has a great sense of humor!

Please come and visit us again...buen Camino in life!

All best!

Elba

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Just finished my first visit to Spain, and my first excursion with Fresco Tours. I would highly recommend them. They arranged for my non-escorted tour on the Camino de Santiago, and everything was superb. Their help with pre-trip planning and questions was invaluable. They were extremely well organized, and made the process so easy.

Once on the Camino, the information they provided in the orientation packet was exactly what was needed to plan each day's hike. And the hotels they reserved for us along the Road were clean, modern and offered great food options.

The Fresco Tours staff is absolutely dedicated to making the Camino experience the best possible... I've already recommended them to friends, and plan to use them again.

Hola Ken!

Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino experience! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time in Spain and that you found everything to your liking. We, at Fresco Tours, always strive to make our pilgrims' experience as wonderful as possible.
It's been a pleasure working with you and hope to see you again on the Camino!
Un abrazo,

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Our recent Camino was our 2nd with Fresco Tours. I couldn't think of anyone else to walk with especially after an unforgettable first Camino in May 2017. What struck me most was the heart and warmth of the staff of Fresco Tours, from the time we first contacted them to during the walk and after. My sister and I were touched by the hospitality and most of all, the care for our 84 year old father during his 1st Camino and again, recently. Papa had a wonderful and joyful time. Fresco Tours made our Camino and time in Spain so very special.

Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Dear themeaningofmichelle,

I am so happy that you were able to embark on this second Camino once again with your father and also with your sister this time around! :) I raise my glass to you all for being such a lovely family and for the memories you've been able to make together on this journey and that Fresco Tours was able to be a part of it. Be well and keep on walking!

Warm regards, Alissa J