“Fresco Tours is Wonderful”
Review of Fresco Tours

Fresco Tours
Ranked #9 of 50 Tours in Bilbao
More attraction details
Owner description: Visiting the Basque Country? Looking to walk the Camino de Santiago? Spend an afternoon or day with us and, we'll show you our neighborhood! We've got lots of things to share with you - from breath taking coastal walks leading into San Sebastian, the world acclaimed Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, fabulous vinos of La Rioja wine region, and our favorite, "star grazing" at the Michelin Restaurants!
Reviewed August 2, 2018

My experience with Fresco Tours has included two excursions along the Camino de Santiago. I know that I will reach out to Fresco again when the Camino calls again. The personnel were professional, personal, and exceptional. My first Camino was personal. The second included university students and many moving parts. Fresco made planning the trips easy, comfortable, and reliable. Honestly, please consider this wonderful tour group if you are interested in the Camino, its multiple routes, and want to walk along The Way worry free. They're amazing.

Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Fr. Chris! Thank you so much for your lovely review...I am so very happy to have worked with you on both of your trips with Fresco, especially this year when you brought along a lovely group of students and friends. I know in my heart that the memories will last a lifetime. You are an exceptional human being and I am so happy to have had the opportunity to communicate with you through the planning stage. Hopefully we will meet some day. Peace and love!

All reviews
"raul"
"hike"
"journey"

Reviewed July 13, 2018

What an extraordinary walk. Fresco does everything right! Do not hesitate to choose them. I just returned July 2018.
Annie

Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Hola Annie,

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed our Camino Portuguese walk - Raúl and Piero do a wonderful job taking care of the pilgrims. Were you able to find more chairs like the ones in Guimaraes? :)

If you are ever back in Spain, please do not hesitate to contact us - we'd be delighted to have you join us!

Saludos,

Reviewed July 13, 2018

My adult son and I joined A Fresco Start for a self-guided week of hiking the last stage of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. It was wonderful. We enjoyed the freedom of walking at our own pace, and left the details to Fresco. The hotels were all clean, convenient, and offered comfortable beds and hot showers! The luggage transfer worked flawlessly, and the Fresco representatives were a joy to work with. so very happy with our Fresco experience.

Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear Ginny! I am so very happy to hear that you and Cooper had such a wonderful experience on the Camino...we strive for this outcome! It is always wonderful to see that our dear pilgrims have a special memory of the Camino to last for a lifetime...keep on walking and buen camino in life!

Reviewed June 16, 2018

We did the 115 K version of the Camino de Santiago as a self guided tour with Fresco tours. They did an excellent job of providing us with necessary trail information (arranged by day), arranging fine accommodations along the Camino, and ensuring our luggage was waiting for us at our next location. We had an orientation guide at the beginning where we discussed the trip and oriented us to the trail markers during the beginning of our first trail day; and a different guide in Santiago who provided an excellent tour of the Cathedral and it's wonderful museum. This was truly a great adventure even though we had rain during almost every hike (bring your poncho which was by the way identified as an important item to pack in their prep materials which they provided well in advance).

Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear Scott and Catherine! I am very glad that you've sad such a wonderful experience on the Camino, albeit the rain! I always pray for good weather for my pilgrims, but it doesn't always work...
It has been great working with you and Cathy to ensure that your trip was a memorable one.
Wishing you a buen Camino in life and hope to see you again in the future!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

From the very start of our contact with Fresco Tours I could not have been more pleased with everyone that was involved in our planning of this trip. The "Camino" speaks for itself, but what makes it special is what Fresco provides to you in the way of accommodations, food and especially office staff and guides. From the start, Alissa couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful than if she was my personal assistant. Constantly answering our questions (some of which seem pretty sophomoric in retrospect). Our accommodations were what made the Camino special for us. Manor homes (Pazos) and hotels that were beyond any expectations. And the food! There was actually too much for my liking, but you don't have to eat it all. But that was hard to do. We only had two picnics because of the threat of rain. But they were excellent in their preparation and presentation.
Our guides David and Jaume were an excellent team and individually were wonderful to walk along with. Their knowledge of all things Camino was very impressive. The first day of our walk I injured my knee and was slower than the others and David and Jaume were always concerned and asking me if I needed assistance but didn't insist that I do anything other than what I wanted to do. I would recommend Fresco without hesitation to anyone. If you want to do a guided Camino you should definitely go with Fresco Tours.

Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear aluckart,

Thanks for your feedback on your Kinder Camino de Santiago - it was great working with you and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on the trail and at your accommodations. I agree with you that David & Jaume are very knowledgable and a great asset to our team, and we are fortunate to have them!

I am sorry to hear about your knee problem, but hope you are on the mend. Moreover, I hope that the Camino helped distract you from your knee, perhaps even inspire you with photos!

Wishing you a speedy recovery and we hope to see you on the trail again in the future!

Kind regards,