Review Highlights
The Most Amazing Experience

My Camino de Santiago with Fresco Tours was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. I... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Maureen V
Wonderful way to walk the Camino

I had a first rate experience walking the kinder, gentler Camino organized by Fresco Tours. Our... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
GoPlaces626648

Recommended experiences in and around Bilbao
from $254.10
from $219.50
from $102.80
from $86.60
More Info
All reviews own pace buen camino self guided great trip luggage transfer manor houses tour companies pre trip planning fellow pilgrims single woman beautiful country an amazing experience excellent tour kinder elba leon sarria
Reviewed May 31, 2018

We walked the 153 kilometre Portuguese Camino in a 15 member tour group organised and managed by the Spanish based Fresco organisation in May 2018. The walk commenced in Porto, Portugal and finished at the cathedral in Santiago, Spain.
This was a wonderful experience due to the historical and geographical background of Portugal and Spain greatly enhanced by the staff of the Fresco organisation and the friendliness of members of the tour group (none of whom we had previously known).
The tour package included the carriage of baggage, expert guides, gourmet meals, high quality and quantity local wines and both modern and historic manor accommodation. Obviously this package was expensive but worth every penny.
Given the length and difficulty of some stages of the walk (up to 25 K each day) sound preparation is essential. However even at the rather advanced ages of over 80 years, the walk was accomplished without the need to catch a bus.
The Fresco staff were quite excellent in every way. The experiences were just perfect.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank james l
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Hola James,

It was great to meet you and be able to join the fun for a few days. The Camino is truly a magical journey and your guides (Raúl and Alís) do a wonderful job managing all the details so that your only concern is to enjoy the walk. Their knowledge of the area bring alive the sights with history and stories. They, along with Alissa, are really true experts and I am grateful to have them as part of the Fresco Tours team. Thank you again for your kind words and I hope our paths cross again!

Saludos from Spain!

Reviewed May 17, 2018

We just returned from Kinder Portugues tour with Fresco. Our guides Alis and Raul were fun attentive and always helpful. We thought it would be better if we could choose our meal options but Fresco and our guides arranged wonderful meals which exposed us to the local cuisine much better than if we had tried to navigate menus. Same with the hotels - all were either well located or great spots, usually both. The arrangements are seemless with Fresco doing all the work of arrangements and baggage transfer. If you didn't feel like walking or just part way that was accomplished. This is a top flight agency - use it with confidence!

Date of experience: May 2018
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Dear beentheretoo,

Thank you for your kind words - we are so happy that you enjoyed your time on the Camino Portugues, and with Raul & Alis - true rock stars! :)

We select our accommodations based in part on hospitality and location - and the location can be magical! Moreover, we like for you to try and sample the local flavors in the menus that we select for the group. I'm glad you were able to enjoy dinner on one evening and lunch the next day at one of the restaurants (as well as some shopping)!

It was great working with you and we hope to have you join us again in the future. Buen Camino!

Alissa J

Reviewed May 14, 2018

I found Fresco Tours on line in searching for a way to walk The Camino. Once contacted and convinced Fresco would work, I spoke with my sisters and friends, shared Fresco's information, and ended up booking six of us on the April 23, 2018 Guided Camino de Santiago tour. Alissa in the office was a valuable source of information during our planning period, and once we arrived in Leon we were very lucky to have David and Pedro as our guides. Their in-depth knowledge of The Camino provided our group of twelve with experiences we would have missed on our own. Our hotels were excellent and the stays in the two manor houses were exceptional.
Walking The Camino is something I had wanted to do for a long time, but actually doing it was more than I ever expected. The beauty of the rolling hills, the views of the Pyrenees, walking through small hamlets.....it was all magnificent. Kudos to Fresco for making our trip so memorable.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank amf1220
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Dear amf1220,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time on the Camino - it truly is a magical journey! David and Pedro are truly special people and we are very lucky to have them be a part of our Fresco team and family.

I love the fact that you were able to experience the Camino with your sisters and friends - what wonderful memories! And I'm sure you made some great ones over a nice glass of wine in the evenings or during one of the yummy picnic lunches!

Take care and keep walking! We hope to see again on the trail...

Alissa

Reviewed November 22, 2017

I did the Galacia section of the Camino in October 2017 and I would do it all again tomorrow if I could. The Fresco people were amazing. Alissa kept us informed from the very start to the very end.
Our guides Ana and Roberto were fantastic and no problem was too much for them. The lunches they prepared were really something, so much so we asked for the recipes. It has been the highlight of my year and no doubt will continue to be a highlight in my life. The people I met on the walk were fantastic. I am now hoping to do the walk from Portugal. Thank you Fresco for a wonderful experience.

Date of experience: October 2017
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dear MaryS1310,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your Camino experience and that you were able to fulfill your dream of walking the Camino de Santiago!

Our guides truly enjoy sharing their love of the Camino with the groups and they take pride in preparing those tasty picnics. :)

We hope to have you join us in the future on the Camino Portugués. Until then, be well and keep walking!

Alissa

Reviewed November 16, 2017

We booked the Fresco Start 115KM Camino Tour and it fit our needs perfectly. We wanted the support of having rooms booked and our luggage moved, but the flexibility to do the walking on our own.

Elba from Fresco was amazing at answering our questions before and after we booked the trip. We had some unique requests that she was able to easily accommodate to get a few extra miles of walking in before the start of the tour. She also helped us figure out how to get to Sarria for the start, booked transport and an extra nights hotel. Everything she booked extra was flawless.

The night before the walking start David met us at the hotel and gave a briefing to the group to make sure we had all the materials needed, knew how to follow the maps and walk signage, gave us some history of the Camino, helpful tidbits, and answering any questions we had. From there we went as a group to a sumptuous dinner. The next morning David met us for breakfast and walked us part of the way out of Sarria. From there we were on our own.

Each afternoon when we arrived at our hotel, our bags were in our rooms and check-in was quick. We had recommendations of where to eat along the days path as well as for dinner. There were phone numbers each day in case we ran in to trouble. Thankfully we never needed those.

The accommodations were great, a few were a long walk from the Camino, but they were totally worth the extra kilometers to get there and back.

The trip was smooth and easy. I'd definitely go back and do another route, or do longer distance and if I do, I'll be booking it with Fresco.

Date of experience: October 2017
3  Thank lindargtravel
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Linda!
Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino experience!
I am so very happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip with your dad (say hi to Tom) - this will be a memorable remembrance for the 2 of you, especially, since he was able to accomplish all the Kms that he wanted to in order to commemorate his very special birthday! You are both amazing!
It was wonderful working with both of you to ensure that you had a stress-free Camino. We love for our pilgrims to enjoy the peace and quiet of the lovely Galician countryside without having to worry about anything else!
Saludos from Spain and hope that you can visit us again in the near future!