Review Highlights
One of life’s greatest experiences

It is now 12 months since we walked the Camino from León to Santiago de Compostela with Fresco... read more

Reviewed April 16, 2020
CharlesR691
Melbourne, Australia
Camino de Santiago self guided tour

We had a wonderful self-guided tour with Fresco Tours from Ponferrada, Spain to Santiago de... read more

Reviewed February 2, 2020
Trail307969

All reviews portuguese camino self guided own pace fellow pilgrims manor houses camino walk hiking experience santiago tour bus driver trip arrangements travel logistics highly recommend this trip tour starting knowledgeable tour guides side trips rewarding experience group tour
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2017

I did the Galacia section of the Camino in October 2017 and I would do it all again tomorrow if I could. The Fresco people were amazing. Alissa kept us informed from the very start to the very end.
Our guides Ana and Roberto were fantastic and no problem was too much for them. The lunches they prepared were really something, so much so we asked for the recipes. It has been the highlight of my year and no doubt will continue to be a highlight in my life. The people I met on the walk were fantastic. I am now hoping to do the walk from Portugal. Thank you Fresco for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank MaryS1310
Alissa J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dear MaryS1310,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your Camino experience and that you were able to fulfill your dream of walking the Camino de Santiago!

Our guides truly enjoy sharing their love of the Camino with the groups and they take pride in preparing those tasty picnics. :)

We hope to have you join us in the future on the Camino Portugués. Until then, be well and keep walking!

Warm regards,

Alissa

Reviewed November 16, 2017

We booked the Fresco Start 115KM Camino Tour and it fit our needs perfectly. We wanted the support of having rooms booked and our luggage moved, but the flexibility to do the walking on our own.

Elba from Fresco was amazing at answering our questions before and after we booked the trip. We had some unique requests that she was able to easily accommodate to get a few extra miles of walking in before the start of the tour. She also helped us figure out how to get to Sarria for the start, booked transport and an extra nights hotel. Everything she booked extra was flawless.

The night before the walking start David met us at the hotel and gave a briefing to the group to make sure we had all the materials needed, knew how to follow the maps and walk signage, gave us some history of the Camino, helpful tidbits, and answering any questions we had. From there we went as a group to a sumptuous dinner. The next morning David met us for breakfast and walked us part of the way out of Sarria. From there we were on our own.

Each afternoon when we arrived at our hotel, our bags were in our rooms and check-in was quick. We had recommendations of where to eat along the days path as well as for dinner. There were phone numbers each day in case we ran in to trouble. Thankfully we never needed those.

The accommodations were great, a few were a long walk from the Camino, but they were totally worth the extra kilometers to get there and back.

The trip was smooth and easy. I'd definitely go back and do another route, or do longer distance and if I do, I'll be booking it with Fresco.

4  Thank lindargtravel
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Linda!
Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino experience!
I am so very happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip with your dad (say hi to Tom) - this will be a memorable remembrance for the 2 of you, especially, since he was able to accomplish all the Kms that he wanted to in order to commemorate his very special birthday! You are both amazing!
It was wonderful working with both of you to ensure that you had a stress-free Camino. We love for our pilgrims to enjoy the peace and quiet of the lovely Galician countryside without having to worry about anything else!
Saludos from Spain and hope that you can visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

I had picked this company based on the trip advisor reviews and they did not disappoint. They specialize in walking tours of Spain and they are a Spanish company, so they know their stuff. We decided to do the Fresco Start Camino de Santiago and it was an amazing experience. The team at Fresco are first rate (shout out to Elba!) and were always available to answer any questions. Hotels were wonderful, the information was comprehensive and the Galicia area of Spain is stunning! Now, you need to be prepared for this. You need to train, especially walking hills ,as this is not a stroll! You may curse yourself at times wondering “what was I thinking!” However, this is ultimately an incredibly rewarding personal experience. You do not walk in a group and it does not have to be religious pilgrimage. For us it was “a resting of the mind and an exercise of the body!” Which in itself,is a religious experience.

Dear Kathy!
Thank you so much for your lovely words and for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino experience! I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip and I know that you will have memories that will last a lifetime!
I enjoyed our correspondence and assisting you with your pre/post tour arrangements. I am glad that everything worked out as you expected...this is our goal! We love for our pilgrims to enjoy their time on the Camino and appreciate the beauty and peaceful nature of the Galician surroundings...we take care of the rest!
Saludos from Spain and hope that you can visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Knowledgeable, fun guides, great meals and lodgings, spectacular scenery on the Camino Portugués...I heartily recommend Fresco Tours!

Date of experience: October 2017
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Kay R,

Great to hear from you and thank you for your review. It really is lovely to make your way to Santiago while taking in the beautiful landscape that the trail offers!

I'm glad you enjoyed your time on the Camino and your experience with Fresco Tours - we are happy to help and aim to accommodate your needs as best we can.

Take care and keep on walking!

Warm regards,

Alissa J

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

I joined the September 2017 Camino Portugues tour as a solo traveler and everything about this trip was wonderful! Fresco Tours did an amazing job organizing this walk. Well organized logistics, delicious food (especially the picnics), great restaurants and very nice accommodation. Our guides Jason and Irene, were superstars! They made everyone feel comfortable and made sure we were all having a great time. Lastly, our group was just so cool! Everyone was very friendly and cheerful!

I will definitely be booking another tour soon and recommending Fresco Tours to my friends!

Date of experience: September 2017
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear VeniceDubai,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your Camino Portugues with Jason, Irene and of course, your group of fellow pilgrims!

When the weather permits, it certainly is nice to take a break under some shaded trees and enjoy a nice picnic lunch made up of salads, fresh bread, various cheeses and cold cuts, fruit and so on, before continuing on your journey towards Santiago.

We hope to see you out on the trail again in the future! Until then, be well and take good care!

Kind regards,