Review Highlights
The Most Amazing Experience

My Camino de Santiago with Fresco Tours was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. I... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Maureen V
Wonderful way to walk the Camino

I had a first rate experience walking the kinder, gentler Camino organized by Fresco Tours. Our... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
GoPlaces626648

All reviews own pace buen camino self guided great trip luggage transfer manor houses tour companies pre trip planning fellow pilgrims single woman beautiful country an amazing experience excellent tour kinder elba leon sarria
Reviewed November 16, 2017

We booked the Fresco Start 115KM Camino Tour and it fit our needs perfectly. We wanted the support of having rooms booked and our luggage moved, but the flexibility to do the walking on our own.

Elba from Fresco was amazing at answering our questions before and after we booked the trip. We had some unique requests that she was able to easily accommodate to get a few extra miles of walking in before the start of the tour. She also helped us figure out how to get to Sarria for the start, booked transport and an extra nights hotel. Everything she booked extra was flawless.

The night before the walking start David met us at the hotel and gave a briefing to the group to make sure we had all the materials needed, knew how to follow the maps and walk signage, gave us some history of the Camino, helpful tidbits, and answering any questions we had. From there we went as a group to a sumptuous dinner. The next morning David met us for breakfast and walked us part of the way out of Sarria. From there we were on our own.

Each afternoon when we arrived at our hotel, our bags were in our rooms and check-in was quick. We had recommendations of where to eat along the days path as well as for dinner. There were phone numbers each day in case we ran in to trouble. Thankfully we never needed those.

The accommodations were great, a few were a long walk from the Camino, but they were totally worth the extra kilometers to get there and back.

The trip was smooth and easy. I'd definitely go back and do another route, or do longer distance and if I do, I'll be booking it with Fresco.

3  Thank lindargtravel
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Linda!
Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino experience!
I am so very happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip with your dad (say hi to Tom) - this will be a memorable remembrance for the 2 of you, especially, since he was able to accomplish all the Kms that he wanted to in order to commemorate his very special birthday! You are both amazing!
It was wonderful working with both of you to ensure that you had a stress-free Camino. We love for our pilgrims to enjoy the peace and quiet of the lovely Galician countryside without having to worry about anything else!
Saludos from Spain and hope that you can visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

I had picked this company based on the trip advisor reviews and they did not disappoint. They specialize in walking tours of Spain and they are a Spanish company, so they know their stuff. We decided to do the Fresco Start Camino de Santiago and it was an amazing experience. The team at Fresco are first rate (shout out to Elba!) and were always available to answer any questions. Hotels were wonderful, the information was comprehensive and the Galicia area of Spain is stunning! Now, you need to be prepared for this. You need to train, especially walking hills ,as this is not a stroll! You may curse yourself at times wondering “what was I thinking!” However, this is ultimately an incredibly rewarding personal experience. You do not walk in a group and it does not have to be religious pilgrimage. For us it was “a resting of the mind and an exercise of the body!” Which in itself,is a religious experience.

Dear Kathy!
Thank you so much for your lovely words and for choosing Fresco Tours for your Camino experience! I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip and I know that you will have memories that will last a lifetime!
I enjoyed our correspondence and assisting you with your pre/post tour arrangements. I am glad that everything worked out as you expected...this is our goal! We love for our pilgrims to enjoy their time on the Camino and appreciate the beauty and peaceful nature of the Galician surroundings...we take care of the rest!
Saludos from Spain and hope that you can visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Knowledgeable, fun guides, great meals and lodgings, spectacular scenery on the Camino Portugués...I heartily recommend Fresco Tours!

Date of experience: October 2017
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Kay R,

Great to hear from you and thank you for your review. It really is lovely to make your way to Santiago while taking in the beautiful landscape that the trail offers!

I'm glad you enjoyed your time on the Camino and your experience with Fresco Tours - we are happy to help and aim to accommodate your needs as best we can.

Take care and keep on walking!

Warm regards,

Alissa J

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

I joined the September 2017 Camino Portugues tour as a solo traveler and everything about this trip was wonderful! Fresco Tours did an amazing job organizing this walk. Well organized logistics, delicious food (especially the picnics), great restaurants and very nice accommodation. Our guides Jason and Irene, were superstars! They made everyone feel comfortable and made sure we were all having a great time. Lastly, our group was just so cool! Everyone was very friendly and cheerful!

I will definitely be booking another tour soon and recommending Fresco Tours to my friends!

Date of experience: September 2017
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear VeniceDubai,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your Camino Portugues with Jason, Irene and of course, your group of fellow pilgrims!

When the weather permits, it certainly is nice to take a break under some shaded trees and enjoy a nice picnic lunch made up of salads, fresh bread, various cheeses and cold cuts, fruit and so on, before continuing on your journey towards Santiago.

We hope to see you out on the trail again in the future! Until then, be well and take good care!

Kind regards,

Alissa J

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Our pilgrimage on the Camino Trail was life altering. It was inspiring to see all ages, shapes and levels of fitness, each doing the trail for their own reasons. We did the 200 km self guided tour with Fresco and they did an incredible job. The daily maps were essential and finding our luggage in our room at the end of each day was just what we needed. The group that started the tour were amazing people. If I could bottle the physical, emotional and spiritual feelings, I would share with everyone so that they would do this journey. No one should miss it. Fresco is the only way to go!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank LiseNovaScotia
Elba P, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Lise! Thank you so much for your lovely words! It was a pleasure meeting you at the manor house. Your group bonded beautifully and that is a wonderful thing to experience! I love it when I hear such stories from our clients and the friendships that develop along the Way.
Thank you for trusting Fresco Tours for your Camino experience! I hope it was all that you wanted it to be and more. It was a pleasure assisting you during the planning process and I hope to see you back on the Camino in the future!
Un abrazo!