Review Highlights
One of life’s greatest experiences

It is now 12 months since we walked the Camino from León to Santiago de Compostela with Fresco... read more

Reviewed April 16, 2020
CharlesR691
Melbourne, Australia
Camino de Santiago self guided tour

We had a wonderful self-guided tour with Fresco Tours from Ponferrada, Spain to Santiago de... read more

Reviewed February 2, 2020
Trail307969

All reviews portuguese camino self guided own pace fellow pilgrims manor houses camino walk hiking experience santiago tour bus driver trip arrangements travel logistics highly recommend this trip tour starting knowledgeable tour guides side trips rewarding experience group tour
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Fresco Tours is incredibly organized and delivers high-quality service at every moment. Accommodations, meals and local insights made this one of our favorite vacations ever. Of course the actual hike/experience is magical.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear DaveDNA,

Thank you for your feedback - we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time on the Camino Portugues!

We enjoy going the extra mile if possible, for example with early morning coffee. :) Glad you liked the meals, especially when you can have gourmet picnics for lunch and lovely dinners at some of your accommodations in the evenings!

We hope you'll continue walking and enjoy the magic on your own Camino!

Kind regards,

Alissa

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Everything about the trip was spot on and perfect. We appreciated all the time and effort that went into this trip by Fresco to make it so memorable.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Hola Beth P,

It was great to meet you in Leon and I am glad to hear that everything went well on the Camino! We hope to see you back on the trail - if we can be of any assistance, please let me know. Hope the school year has started off well!

Saludos,

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

We had a great trip! This tour company really knows how to put together a wonderful package of great food, great hotels, and great care of their guests. One of our group had a medical emergency, ambulance and hospital stay (not related to the walk) and they took family members back and forth to the hospital, translated, and were a great comfort ! All the time flawlessly seeing that our group was uninterrupted in our trek to Santiago.

Date of experience: July 2017
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Dear RitafromKansas,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on the Camino! One of the perks of having two guides and a driver supporting you along the trail on our guided tours, is that if unexpected situations arise, as was the case on your tour, you can continue on while someone is taking care of those who need special attention.

The important thing is that everything turned out OK, and you were all able to reach Santiago together!

I look forward to hearing more about your Camino experience, and thank you for choosing Fresco Tours! Be well and hasta pronto!

Kind regards,

Alissa

Reviewed July 21, 2017

As a single woman I journeyed to Leon Spain alone, with some fear about what I was getting myself into. Once I met up with my Fresco Tour group I never felt alone or afraid. Our guides were kind, thoughtful interesting and good looking, they were the best!
I am an attorney and like efficiency and organization. My Kinder Camino/French Way tour exceeded my high expectations. The fellowship that evolves from walking the Camino with Fresco creates life long friendships.
I am looking forward to returning next year to walk the Portugal Way with Fresco Tours.

Date of experience: May 2017
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Hello Carol D,

Great to hear from and see you - love the photo! Happy to hear that all went well on your Camino with Fresco Tours.

One of the reasons that I send out 2 guides on our tours is to bring the group of strangers together. David and Jaume have an enthusiasm for the Camino that is contagious and they set a tone for the group from Day 1. I'm not surprised that you never felt alone or afraid! Another reason there are 2 guides is to prepare those yummy gourmet picnics!

Looking forward to having you back next year on the Camino Portugues! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Saludos from Spain,

Reviewed July 20, 2017

My family and I just returned from a glorious hike on the El Camino Portugués. With every detail meticulously planned out and seamlessly executed, Fresco Tours exceeded our expectations in every way. This was, by far, the best vacation we have ever experienced!! If you love to hike but prefer to rough it smoothly by eating gourmet meals and sleeping in a comfy bed, this trip is for you! Ready, set, Go!!

Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Dear happyhiker28,

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed being a Fresco Tours "pampered pilgrim" - we do our best to take care of all those little details so that your only worry is to walk. We'll take care of the rest!

We hope to have you and your family back in the future - perhaps the Basque Country or perhaps Andalucia? If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Saludos from Spain,