Review Highlights
One of life’s greatest experiences

It is now 12 months since we walked the Camino from León to Santiago de Compostela with Fresco... read more

Reviewed April 16, 2020
CharlesR691
Melbourne, Australia
Camino de Santiago self guided tour

We had a wonderful self-guided tour with Fresco Tours from Ponferrada, Spain to Santiago de... read more

Reviewed February 2, 2020
Trail307969

All reviews portuguese camino self guided own pace fellow pilgrims manor houses camino walk hiking experience santiago tour bus driver trip arrangements travel logistics highly recommend this trip tour starting knowledgeable tour guides side trips rewarding experience group tour
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2017

As a single woman I journeyed to Leon Spain alone, with some fear about what I was getting myself into. Once I met up with my Fresco Tour group I never felt alone or afraid. Our guides were kind, thoughtful interesting and good looking, they were the best!
I am an attorney and like efficiency and organization. My Kinder Camino/French Way tour exceeded my high expectations. The fellowship that evolves from walking the Camino with Fresco creates life long friendships.
I am looking forward to returning next year to walk the Portugal Way with Fresco Tours.

Date of experience: May 2017
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Hello Carol D,

Great to hear from and see you - love the photo! Happy to hear that all went well on your Camino with Fresco Tours.

One of the reasons that I send out 2 guides on our tours is to bring the group of strangers together. David and Jaume have an enthusiasm for the Camino that is contagious and they set a tone for the group from Day 1. I'm not surprised that you never felt alone or afraid! Another reason there are 2 guides is to prepare those yummy gourmet picnics!

Looking forward to having you back next year on the Camino Portugues! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Reviewed July 20, 2017

My family and I just returned from a glorious hike on the El Camino Portugués. With every detail meticulously planned out and seamlessly executed, Fresco Tours exceeded our expectations in every way. This was, by far, the best vacation we have ever experienced!! If you love to hike but prefer to rough it smoothly by eating gourmet meals and sleeping in a comfy bed, this trip is for you! Ready, set, Go!!

Date of experience: July 2017
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Dear happyhiker28,

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed being a Fresco Tours "pampered pilgrim" - we do our best to take care of all those little details so that your only worry is to walk. We'll take care of the rest!

We hope to have you and your family back in the future - perhaps the Basque Country or perhaps Andalucia? If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

If you are planning on walking the Camino for the first time, make sure you have Fresco as a part of your planning process. Whether it is a guided tour, as we just finished, or you want to do it on your own, they are the experts and will guide you every step if the way. And it doesn't matter which of the many routes you are interested in, they know "the way". We were in a group of 14, and our oldest was 80 with the youngest at 17. So while this hike is open for all ages, it can be strenuous, but a call to Fresco will outline the options that will most likely make the trip do able for you.

Make the call, talk to Alissa or Alex and you will not regret doing so.

Date of experience: June 2017
Alissa J, Guest Relations Manager at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Hi Jim128,

Thank you so much for putting your faith in Fresco Tours! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your trip with David and Dolores, and in fact, I saw that you actually became a pilgrim, robe and all!

We are so lucky to have a great staff of knowledgeable guides, who are full of experiences and stories. They are a huge contribution and value to our team. Also, we are always happy to accommodate our clients’ needs as best we can, whether it be the type of walk they want to do or an item in our signature gourmet picnic lunches!

Thanks again for choosing Fresco Tours and we wish you a wonderful summer!

Best regards,

Alissa

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We had a wonderful time and I could not have asked for a better experience. Fresco Tours takes care of even the smallest detail to make your journey the best it could be. Our Guides David and Delores could not have been more knowledgeable, friendly and attentive to our every need. The journey to Santiago was filled with beautiful countryside, architecture and history. Walking into kilometer zero in front of the cathedral was a very moving experience and one we will never forget. Fresco helped us extend our trip 3 days in Madrid and 2 days in Santiago. They helped with the extra reservations and train tickets to Leon. They arranged a side tour to the coast and even helped with our train tickets back to Madrid. I highly recommend this trip and Fresco Tours. You will enjoy the journey and the new friends you meet along the way. Ed L.

Date of experience: June 2017
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Hola Ed L,

Thank you, Thank you! Wonderful to hear that you and your family enjoyed the Camino de Santiago and the company of both your guides, David and Dolores. Having 2 of them AND a bus driver with you on the trial allows Fresco Tours to make sure that those "little" details get noticed. They both always keep their eyes and ears open to make sure you are well cared for and they are very good at what they do!

Alissa from the Office sends her regards and is happy to know that all your pre and post tour arrangements that she made for you went smoothly.

Thank you again and we hope to have you join us in the future!

Reviewed June 21, 2017

We joined the Camino in Sarria. Approximately 120 km walked over 6 days to Santiago. Fresco Tours did a great job. Excellent meeting and dinner on the first night, with an information package for the following days. This trip was "self guided" but so easy to follow. The other guys on our tour were fun and so easy to get along with. The hotels were fine, with a great breakfast provided each day. It was great hiking with a day pack, with the heavy bags being transported to the following evening's destination. Fresco also arranged a last evening farewell dinner in Santaigo, and a great Cathedral tour with a well-informed guide.Elba, the local contact with Fresco Tours, was amazing!

Date of experience: May 2017
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Dear Melnchris,

Thank you for the kind review - always nice to hear back from our pilgrims! Alissa, who gave you your first night's Orientation meeting and took you out to dinner says Hola!
Glad to know that everyone got along well - tends to happen with like minded travelers. Elba sends her regards and was pleased to know that all went well on your Camino.
Well, if you are ever back in Spain or have an urge for the Camino Portugues, please do not hesitate to contact me!