“Parish pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela”
Review of Fresco Tours

Fresco Tours
Ranked #9 of 52 Tours in Bilbao
More attraction details
Owner description: Visiting the Basque Country? Looking to walk the Camino de Santiago? Spend an afternoon or day with us and, we'll show you our neighborhood! We've got lots of things to share with you - from breath taking coastal walks leading into San Sebastian, to the world acclaimed Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, and fabulous vinos of La Rioja wine region!
Reviewed April 8, 2017

Having looked at a number of tour companies online before deciding on Fresco Tours, I was incredibly glad that I chose them for our trip. The personal care, the hotels/pensions, the organising and pre trip contact were all fabulous. One of our group had a medical problem at the beginning of the trip - our guide Alissa offered to come back and take her to the doctor. There was not a problem too small to be bothered with...we had the self organised tour with luggage following us on... 14 people wandering through Galicia with no idea where they were but who knew where they wanted to get to - every one of the group have congratulated me on choosing Fresco Tours....every one of the group would use them again for another Camino. It was wonderful, and organised and felt safe knowing that someone was always available to offer assistance. We met other Fresco groups along the way and we all said how wonderful they were, Cannot recommend them enough. Alissa our guide for the first day, Elba who we corresponded with, the other Fresco guides who we met along the way and who were always happy to help with any needs..... thank you all.

Date of experience: April 2017
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Hola Angela,

Thank you for your kind words! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Camino and had such a positive experience with Fresco Tours. Alissa and Elba are true stars and they really do take care of our clients as if they were family! It is a blessing to have them in Galicia to be able to lend a hand in emergencies. I hope Jenni is feeling better and back on her feet - we look forward to seeing her and the rest of the gang on the trail in the future!

It was a pleasure organizing this Camino for you - if I may be of any assistance in future, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Saludos from Spain,

"leon"
in 6 reviews
"sarria"

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Wow! What a great trip that covered so much, from varied terrain to walks and visits to local producers of cheeses, olive oil and sherry along the way. Fantasic accomodation in personal hotels and always sensational food at lunch, at local restaurants or the famous picinics, followed by more wonderful night time meals. Our guides for the trip were always entertaining, informative and attentive to all details, thanks again Jason and Jeffery for making everything run so smoothly, your great humour and entertaining company, a terrific group of fellow walkers also ensured there was plenty of laughter along the way, even up those hills. A trip that truly exceeded expectations, thanks Fresco!!

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Annabel M
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Hola Annabel,

Great to hear that your first journey with Fresco Tours was a success! Southern Spain's Andalucia is truly a magical area - so much to see, do, and eat! It is hard to squeeze in everything in just 10 days, but hopefully you were able to get a feel for this vibrant area. Jason and Jeffery are wonderful hosts - their enthusiasm is contagious, knowledge of Spain brings the tiniest of details to life and they are both pretty darn good at making a gourmet picnic! We hope to have you back - perhaps on the Camino de Santiago - so please keep us in mind for your future travels to Spain!

Saludos from Spain,

Reviewed March 7, 2017

I have now been on 3 camino trips with Alex and the good people at Fresco Tours. They have been consistently kind, compassionate, and as helpful as you need them to be! The accommodations are unique, beautiful, quiet and off the beaten track. I traveled on my own on all three trips. The small group allowed me to check in for a gourmet lunch and a little support even though I was walking on my own.
The Camino is the iconic trip that has more of the spiritual peaceful connection to the walk. (See my Travel article "A Pilgrim's Progress towards Healing on the Camino."
The Basque walk is beautiful too. Walking along the north coast and a foodies' delight with amazing tapas in every pub and cafe!
The Portuguese Camino was also lovely, with less coastal walking but along old Roman chariot trails!
Many great memories!

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank marina1918
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Hola Marina,

Muchas gracias! Coming from such a world traveler as yourself, it is a true compliment to have you come back and visit us. It is always a pleasure for us to have you along on our groups! We hope to see you in Andalucia :)

Abrazos muy fuertes!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

My husband and I have travelled the world, but have never done a group tour. From start to finish Fresco Tours provided us with such a special experience. Our group leaders David and Ana ensured that the needs of each person on the trip were met and they were always so pleasant. The picnic lunches were so delicious and the meals, wine and overall dining experience each night was wonderful. Also the staff at every hotel/manor house were great. This is a trip that we shall both treasure and remember for a very long time. We highly recommend Fresco Tours as a perfect option to do the Camino.

Date of experience: September 2016