Review Highlights
Knowledgeable, attentive & caring folks made our Camino experience special

Fresco Tours gave us an amazing Camino experience. Tour guides Sandra & David treated us like... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
richardfD7576PR
Toronto, Canada
via mobile
Once in a lifetime

A Class A tour at a reasonable all in one price! It was a once in a life time experience! I have... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
EthelC561
Macon, Georgia, United States

All reviews self guided tour camino de santiago wonderful adventure wonderful company elba pilgrims jeffery pilgrimage ponferrada inns spain route
Selected filters
Reviewed March 8, 2017

I have now been on 3 camino trips with Alex and the good people at Fresco Tours. They have been consistently kind, compassionate, and as helpful as you need them to be! The accommodations are unique, beautiful, quiet and off the beaten track. I traveled on my own on all three trips. The small group allowed me to check in for a gourmet lunch and a little support even though I was walking on my own.
The Camino is the iconic trip that has more of the spiritual peaceful connection to the walk. (See my Travel article "A Pilgrim's Progress towards Healing on the Camino."
The Basque walk is beautiful too. Walking along the north coast and a foodies' delight with amazing tapas in every pub and cafe!
The Portuguese Camino was also lovely, with less coastal walking but along old Roman chariot trails!
Many great memories!

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank marina1918
Alex C, Owner at Fresco Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Hola Marina,

Muchas gracias! Coming from such a world traveler as yourself, it is a true compliment to have you come back and visit us. It is always a pleasure for us to have you along on our groups! We hope to see you in Andalucia :)

Abrazos muy fuertes!

Alex

Reviewed October 20, 2016

My husband and I have travelled the world, but have never done a group tour. From start to finish Fresco Tours provided us with such a special experience. Our group leaders David and Ana ensured that the needs of each person on the trip were met and they were always so pleasant. The picnic lunches were so delicious and the meals, wine and overall dining experience each night was wonderful. Also the staff at every hotel/manor house were great. This is a trip that we shall both treasure and remember for a very long time. We highly recommend Fresco Tours as a perfect option to do the Camino.

Date of experience: September 2016
3  Thank mckenzieshoppe
Reviewed October 19, 2016

Fresco Tours does everything but walk for you. The Camino tour is exceptionally well done. From the pick up in Madrid to the tour of Santiago, there wasn't a detail that I needed to think about. Everything I could have wanted or worried about was addressed by staff without a word. I am looking forward to doing another tour with Fresco in the future.

Date of experience: October 2016
3  Thank Gina M
Reviewed October 16, 2016

Fresco Tours made the entire Camino De Santiago a pleasure to experience. It took quite and effort to walk every mile of their itinerary but the outstanding guides and accommodations made it a pleasure. Food was top notch with wine available at lunch and dinner. No hidden costs.

Date of experience: September 2016
2  Thank YankeefanGolden_CO
Reviewed October 16, 2016

We did the October Fresco 115 km self-guided tour. It was our first time on the Camino. They provided the perfect balance between guidance and leaving you on your own to create your own experience.

They organized it extremely well. They had a great orientation program. By setting up the hotels along the way they took the fear of the unknown out of the walk.

There was no competition. By creating a limited group for the hike, they built in a comfortable sense of companionship that you shared as each person hiked the Way as they choose.

Do your own homework on the Camino. Fresco gives you solid basics to complete your trip. The journey is up to you, your boots, the weather and your reasons for being there.

Buen Camino!