See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 10, 2017

I used this hotel for a business trip 2 years ago and on the basis of a good experience then recently returned. Mistake. Obviously the location has not changed but this time I found the minibar announced by the hotel was nothing more than a metal box with a lightbulb and warm, overpriced drinks. The first report to the desk clerk was met with "People complain all the time, we tell management, nothing happens". Subsequent comments received variations of the same response. Unfortunately my employer paid for a week in advance so I have no recourse. Not to mention the room decor draws on Spain's penal system and this time the bed is lumpy. There are plenty of hotels in central Oviedo, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: find a different hotel This is a 2-star hotel trading on its past to claim a 3-star rating
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Excellent location and value for money. Very close to the "cider row" of restaurants. Good size room and excellent service all round. The room looked over a school, so there was some noise during the day, but quiet enough in the evening.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2017

This hotel is located right in the city center, within minutes of walking distance of everything. The room was very clean and comfortable, all the staff was very nice and friendly and made me feel welcome. I absolutely enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2016

In room 204 it was clean and comfy. The reception staff were very very friendly. The air conditioning worked great! The location was great, within walking distance of everything. The outside and lobby appearance gives out that modern feel but it not that way in the room. Our room did look old but it was clean. I think our biggest complaint was the Wi-Fi. It was working in the room the first day we got there then after that it stopped working and we had to go down to the lobby and even then it was spotty.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2016

The hotel seemed ok when we got there but after we found out that there was no wifi the whole trip changed. There wasn't much selection at breakfast and if you slept in the food would all be gone. The staff were not very helpful giving misleading directions and 3 different wifi passwords that didn't work. the rooms were pretty good except for the irritating sounds throughout the night that made it hard to sleep. The Magistral was a poor hotel with not a lot to do and it is not recommended.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business