“good value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Oviedo
Lisboa
“good value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My stay at this hotel was great.
Good location! It´s in the centre of the city near the old part.
Cristina from the front desk was really nice, but all the staff is very helpful.
The room is very comfortable, a little bit too hot even for me ...but it was ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MARCOS H, Directora at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Good afternoon tchinha,

I really was delighted to read your review, and hope we can have the chance to look after you once again!
I was so happy that we met your expectations and I have passed on your very kind words to the great team I am proud to have at the hotel.
On the other hand, I will check the time-setting of the aircon... the truth is, some find it cold, some find it hot... sorry for that!.

Kind regards,

Room Mate MARCOS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good location away from noisy bar / restaurant life of Old Town. Nice decor and helpful staff. decent Continental breakfast but could better. Roommate is a decent chain hotel. Associated cafe is pleasant too.

• Stayed September 2012
MARCOS H, Manager at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Good afternoon Nickbutcher1705,

The MARCOS team and I are very thankful to your feedback. As for breakfast, I will discuss your comments with F&B team... thank you for your sincerity.

Please come over and spend some more time with us while on vacation.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Manager
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here for over a week when I was in Oviedo for a Spanish class. It is a very nice hotel in a central location. The staff are very kind and always smiling. I had a small room in the back of the hotel when I had my classes, which was good as it was very quiet. At the end of my stay in Spain I returned to the Room Mate for one night and was given a little suite in the front of the building - adorable! I was worried about the street noise (there are a lot of bars and Spain is noisy) but it wasn't bad at all, the windows kept noise out. The bed was very comfortable in both rooms and it really felt like a home for the time I was there. I would (and will) return to the Room Mate Marcos the next time I visit Oviedo. Oviedo is a town that grows on you - the longer you stay, the more in love you are. However I recommend NOT driving there, unless you want to go a little crazy....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MARCOS H, Hotel Manager at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear rialtogrl,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed all the great aspects of the hotel and the city.
All of us are deeply in love of both of them... that may be the reason why are so happy at work?!.

Absolutely right, we are located in the city centre, yet the street turns very quiet round 23h.

As for the car... mmm... most streets are one-way or semi-pedestrian, driving is not complicated, but you have to drive carefully and be aware of the street signs.
Let me explain it to you, just in case next time you visit us on-wheels ;-)
The client can leave the car at the hotel main entrance door, leave the luggage, give tha plate-number to the recepctionist, and finally move the car to the public car park (only 100m away). The lift will leave you 50m from the hotel, street-exit floor 3.

Good to know we are your home away from home in Oviedo!. Thank you for that.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future (any Advanced Spanish classess in mind?).

Best regards,

Hotel Room Mate MARCOS
Turku, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night last summer. Staff were nice and polite, good location close to everything. The room was kinda stylish (hip and young style), but it was a bit worn out. Nice views. Although the hotel was located centrally, we had a good night's sleep.

Definitely would stay at Room Mate hotels again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MARCOS H, Hotel Manager at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear jennikup,

Thank you for your time, it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your 24h stay with us!.
I take good note of your comments regarding maintenance, preventive maintenance must be done all year round!.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed in this hotel at the end of July 2012. The booking in was quick and courteous with somebody being found to speak English as our Spanish was very limited.We found the room to be very comfortable and clean but way to hot. Granted the weather was excellent but the room was unbearably hot at times.
The staff were excellent and very helpful and could not do enough to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Four very happy nights that I am sure we will repeat at some stage.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MARCOS H, Hotel Manager at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear alangray21,

Thank you for your kind words towards MARCOS´ staff, definitively they keep getting better!.

Sorry to read about the heat in the room (we will check that out)... above all, I am surprised by your excellent review, good to see that after all, it was a pleasant experience AND we are your home away from home, THANK YOU!.

Whenever you come back to Oviedo, we will be waiting for you.

Regards,

Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Room Mate Marcos during our short visit in Oviedo. I was not too impressed by Oviedo but Room Mate Marcos was a pleasant surprise.

The boutique hotel has some stylish rooms with attention to details though some parts of the interior seemed a little worn. The location is good and our room was overall nice and good value for money (around 70 Euros for a double room in August 2011).

On the downside was that the hotel must have some sort of central heating - the temperature in our room was ridiculously high and must have been around 10 degrees higher than the outside temperature (it was a chilly day). Another downside was that the hotel is quite noisy – every time the toilet is being flushed next door or upstairs you hear it loud and clearly!

On the positive side however was the staff which was service minded and very helpful. An example: When we returned after dinner, the staff asked if we wanted breakfast the following morning (not included in the room price). We said no thank you as we had to catch a very early bus to Burgos. When we left the following morning the staff had prepared packed breakfast for us (juice, fruits, a sandwich and a yogurt) with no extra charge! A very nice touch J

All in all: Nice location, good value for money and attentive staff!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Zagreb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

The hotel has a great location, from one side is the city centaer (few minutes walk) and on the other way are the Wine streets (also few minutes away). The room which was offered had a view to the peatonal street, which sadly in the morning was all but that. There was a metal plate (some street works going on) and eveery car or truck that passed by sounded as it passed through our room. I hope they finished that.

Room Tip: The street view was quite noidy