All reviews beautiful hotel inner courtyard classic hotel historical building public spaces are stained walls bit dated within easy walking queen bed sitting area park the car old town hotel restaurant woody allen the location is perfect modern bathroom sized room
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Staff were really nice and professional. Hotel is very clean. Breakfast selection was very good but wouldn't pay for breakfast as it is expensive (unless included with the room). Best price given over the phone directly with the hotel - better than their own website, better than Booking.com and Hotels.com

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Stayed here for two nights in March. Found it easily with our satnav and pleased that it is in the centre of town. The only problem being parking! We were charged Euro 23 per night to have our rental car parked in their underground car park. They are in a "blue zone" which means you have to feed the meter every two hours. There is a multi storey car park in town but it was only five euros cheaper per night. The rooms in the hotel were very well appointed and I am not sure I agree with comments that the hotel is "faded". Yes the odd piece of carpet could be renewed but this can be said of many hotels. Beautiful lounge which looks like an inner courtyard that has been covered with a glass roof. Complete with grand piano at one end and heavy old furniture it looks more like an exclusive club. Breakfast is excellent with just about anything you could want (including a bottle of red wine!). Reminded us of a good parador both in terms of the attentiveness of the staff (who were also very friendly) and the amenities. I did not try the gym but it is available. Our stay had a sense of being unreal in that it is a very big hotel and we saw no more than a handful of guests in the two days we were there. The hotel itself is very well positioned and only a short walk to both shops and the old town. I magine the hotel must get busy in high season but it was almost spookily empty when we visited. Recommended.

Room tip: Don't try parking anywhere near the hotel unless you are prepared to pop back every two hours.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2018

We spent 17 days and traveled to 6 different cities in Spain and this was the hotel I was most looking forward to but I must say, I was disappointed with the level of service. While I would recommend the hotel based solely on the historical and cultural significance, I would not recommend it based on the accommodations or service. We had mentioned in our reservation that we were celebrating our honeymoon/1 year anniversary and there was no mention of it at all at check in or during our stay. We had requested a king room but our room had two separate beds right next to each other and they were not comfortable at all. The shower was very sensitive and difficult to get the right temperature. We could hear the people in next room as though we were in the same room. The carpets are old and dirty.

We went to breakfast each morning because it is advertised on the website as free. I asked the server the first morning and he confirmed it was free. However, when we checked out, we had to pay almost 40 euros for breakfast each day because we did not book it with our reservation. This would have been nice to know at check-in, not check-out. I asked the receptionist what time breakfast was when we checked in because I was under the impression that it was free and she did not mention that it was not included in our reservation. And, to be clear, we would have had to pay a higher rate for the room in order for breakfast to be included, thus, it is not free, but instead is pre-paid. The staff was not unfriendly but given the level of hotel, I would have expected better service. As I mentioned, I would recommend this hotel only for the historical and cultural significance. The service and rooms were a great disappointment.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kaitlyn H
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Old fashioned hotel with a very nice service, although everything seems to be a bit disorganized..... Breakfats not before 8:00am????? Strange (but they serve it in the room from 7:00). Nice bar and very small room service menu. Noisy (AC too loud!) but kind of cozy nevertheless.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2017

Although the hotel has "cachet", it is beginning to show age and wear. My single room with two beds was very small. It is a fine place if you like the old-fashioned European athmosphere and lots of quiet as there were few guests.

Date of stay: September 2017