“A funky hotel, very comfertable beds”

Vincci Zaragoza Zentro
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Zaragoza
Waterford, Ireland
“A funky hotel, very comfertable beds”
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Went to Zaragaza for a wedding and stayed 3 nights in hotel.Beds were great for sleeping in after long days on my feet. The room was a bit cramped beause of a third bed for my daughter but no smaller then most hotel rooms. Avoid the breakfast as we were charged 12 euros each, this is too expensive where the average breakfast was between 4 and 6 euros in nearby resteraunts. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is about 5-10 minutes walk to the main tourist area but only 2 minutes from the main nightlife.The lobby seems to have no atmosphere but was a nice place to sit and relax. We enjoyed our stay here but would try to find somewhere cheaper if we were going back but would not mind retuning to this hotel

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnmariaandemily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed March 3, 2009

we spent just one night here after a long drive up from Madrid and arrived frazzled and tired. The hotel is well situated and relatively easy to find, although Zaragoza's new road system (being hastily finished off in time for Expo) was grim. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet, and the external shutters effectively cut out any light and sound from outside. Our bed was large and remarkably comfortable - we both agreed it was the most comfortable hotel bed we'd ever had (and we've stayed in a lot of hotels). We had a fantastic night's sleep.

The bar and entrance areas are a bit like a funky airport lounge; it would have been nice to grab a cocktail, but time and fatigue didn't allow. Zaragoza is a great place for a short stay and we'd use this hotel again (if sterling ever recovers against the Euro.).

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Clonakilty, Ireland
Reviewed September 26, 2008

Spent three noghts in this hotel with my daughter in August 2008.
Hotel and room were clean and functional. Reception staff were helpful and pleasant. Our only problem at this hotel was that it seemed a little soulless. Bar was clen, bright and modern but it didn,t feel like sitting and having a couple of drinks - we mainly used the hotel to sleep.

• Liked — comfy bed and reasonably nice staff
  • Disliked — too modern and cold atmosphere
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2008

This hotel is a great location and it is absolutely stunning visually. The breakfast was great too.

But it doesn't deserve it's rating and it can't justify it's high price bracket.

It just wasnt clean. The carpets in the corridor were clearly uncleaned, the dirt was visible. The ones in our room were just covered in dust - clearly tramped in from the little terrace: which was disgusting.

The champagne glasses on display in the room had a layer of dust on them and the books were also covered - the room simply hadnt been cleaned properly in some time.

On a whim I'd booked the 'Expo special' upgrade with welcome cuddly bear etc and larger room. Total scam - the normal rooms in the hotel must be miniscule if ours was an upgraded one and the toy was small enough to fit in the palm of my hand.

I dont think this was a bad day - i just dont think this hotel is up to the mark it claims it is (and charges for).

• Liked — Location, visually stunning designs
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 4, 2008

I just spent 2 days in Zaragoza as a brief stopover between my visits to Madrid and Barcelona. I booked this hotel based on the rate (at the time I booked only USD$110/night) and its location. The hotel is new & very modern and is centrally located. Since I stayed there between Christmas & New Year's - we were among only a small handful of guests (most likely the reason for the great nightly rate) so I didn't get a full appreciation of what it is like when the property is full. The plus's were the bed (comfy) and the free internet access in the business center downstairs. The only minus was the shower (periodic hits of boiling hot water)... but I've encountered this in luxury hotels as well. I'm sure during the Expo the rates will be much higher, but I did find my visit worthwhile.

• Liked — Bed
  • Disliked — Shower
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LIC2009
New York, NY
Reviewed September 25, 2007

My sister and I spent one night at the Zentro and it was the best hotel we stayed at in Spain. It was just opened a week, but there were no growing pains as with other new hotels. The beds were extremely comfortable with down comforters, nice pillows and smooth sheets. I would put it on the same level as staying at a W Hotel, but not paying the W rate. I highly recommend staying here if you like a sleek, moden, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends