“I don't like reheated left over.”
Review of La Cueva

La Cueva
Ranked #1,346 of 2,708 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Casco Antiguo
Description: La Cueva Restaurant offers the best Andalusian cuisine in a wonderful place. Doña Elvira Square is one of the most beautiful places in the center of Seville, in the heart of historic area -Santa Cruz- . We have large terrace on the square, indoor dining room and private typical Andalusian patio. Visit us!
Beijing, China
“I don't like reheated left over.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The location is very nice but the food is not at same level. We took 2 starters and 2 soups, the bread is served with plastic bag, i think only thing good about food is they really reheated hot! we think sevilla can offer much better food than that...

1 Thank naconunu

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely sea bass”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I chose this restaurant because I saw people had some lovely fish dishes on their plate. We ordered a bowl of gazpacho, 1/2 a jar of sangria, one grill sea bass and roast whitebait bream with some kind of tomato and egg plant sauce. The cold soup was really nice and both dishes were lovely. I normally don't eat fish skin but they both were really tasty that I ate them all. I especially like the grill sea bass as it was lovely on it own without needing any mayo or sauce. I even wish that I ordered the grill whitebait instead.

BTW, the fish came with the head, tails and bone so if you don't like it, order the meat as the table next to us liked their meat dishes.

The service was all right, no rush and they didn't hassle much. Yes, they didn't once ask how our meal was but I think it is a Spanish way of serving.

• Visited October 2012
Hangzhou, China
“as Lonely Planet recommend”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very beautiful patio for dining,the location is nice,in the heart Sant Cruz.Zarzuela is a special cusine here which means kinds of seafood stew,the flavor is very good.

• Visited October 2012
London
“Andalucia on a plate”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Seville abounds with places to eat. But, if you want something other than tapas bars you have to look carefully. Tucked away in a small but beautiful square on Calle Rodriguez Caro in Santa Cruz district is La Cueva. I ate Salmorejo soup which was excellent, and then shared probably the best paella I've eaten in Spain. No room for a postre after that, so finished off with cafe cortado. Service was quick ( for Spain) and the bill for two for two courses plus coffee and a half bottle of Manzanilla sherry was a reasonable 70 euros. Not budget territory but good value for money given the high quality of the food. So, if you're fed up with tapas, give it a try. Recommended.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Indifferent”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Attracted by setting and decor. Ordered wine, water, soup and paella.Wine came ok had to ask again for water. Had to ask again after 15 minutes for soup (we had been told paella would be 25/30 minutes). Spanish party at nearby table left without ordering, we were the only customers left inside.Paella was poor, only two mussels each, crevettes only for decoration, tail meat already removed (or dissolved as things did not seem fresh). Overpriced, a large bowl of prawns at our local bar was only 6 euros, less for clams. No finger bowl, no plate for discards.Totally disappointing.

• Visited September 2012