“Traditional feel, mix of traditional and newer tapas”
Review of Restaurante Eslava

Restaurante Eslava
Ranked #13 of 2,927 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WE INFORM THAT WE WILL REMAIN CLOSED FROM 20th TO 23rd APRIL (BOTH INCLUDED) FOR STAFF REST. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE CAUSED. Tradition and innovation converge in the restaurant Eslava Seville, in the heart of Barrio de San Lorenzo. Your kitchen careful and laborious, traditional recipes views from modernity and excellence of raw materials can only be overcome so welcoming space and his team. More than two decades working for a space that has also joined the housing resort to their offering. You can choose between snacks at its snack bar, enjoy a good meal in the restaurant or stay in one of our Boutique Suites. You will be spoiled the mood.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We slipped in here right before a huge Saturday comida crowd and glad we did since every time we had passed it it was too crowded for our comfort. We had tiny pork ribs with a honey and rosemary sauce (tender and delicious); a pork loin with a dill sauce (good but not memorable in my book); and an award-winning "cigar" (a burek-type concoction suffed with a pate of fish and seaweed). The ribs were fabulous; in my opinion, the cigar was cute but a cigarillo would have been better.
Wish we had had larger appetites to try more of the more standard fare to see what they do with them!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,546)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hopes were high for a return visit to Eslava - when we were in Seville 2 years ago we ate there about five times, returning again and again to try new specials and all the things on the list we just couldn't quite believe we're as good as they were. So it was with some trepidation that we went back - places that you remember so fondly are often disappointing. Fortunately not - excellent as ever. Simple, delicious food. The only (minor) problem is you see tonnes of things coming out to other diners that you haven't yet tried and end up ordering plate after plate after plate :) the bill is just unbelievable each time - the fantastic tapas are only about 2euros each so even if you make an absolute pig of yourself it is hard to get a bill of €30 for two. Charlota de calabacin, vieras, croquetas, solomillo al enelda were stand out dishes for us this time around, but I have never had anything less than great there. We are already planning to go again just to make absolutely sure it is as good as we remember :)

3  Thank wanstead78
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Suggestion by a friend living in Seville. Another rarity for me. Eslava with its cramped interior and stand up only outside tables electric but warm friendly atmosphere and absolutely fantastic food earns a well deserved 5 stars. Eslava is the second time during this visit of Spain when we have been blown away by the most superb tasting food. My personal recommendation is the Garlic Wedge Clams. We had several serving of those. Price is extremely reasonable even if the occasional portion is admittedly small. A good range of red and white wines are on offer at equally reasonable prices. We had a wonderful Verdelho (three bottles) that cost just 12 Euros. Don't book. Eslava is simply in too much demand to let a table sit unoccupied for more than a few minutes. I give Eslava my highest recommendation.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

What a truly amazing find. My wife an I visited here two nights in a row. Tried nearly the entire tapas menu and loved it all. Wine is reasonably prices with a glass of cava €2.40. Very authentic and friendly. The decor is basic but this place is all about excellent food, knowledgable friendly staff and a great atmosphere.

2  Thank Adam-The-Border-Dub
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had one of our best meals to date in this crowded and bustling local restaurant. Place was jammed and standing tables outside were heaving but were greeted with smiles and holas. We waited at the bar for a table with a beer and olives. Were seated after a reasonable wait and were treated to authentic Spanish tapas with a twist from tradition snails in salsa to a wild squid ink cigar. I mentioned to the waitress that at midnight it was my girlfriend's birthday. When our dessert came out the lights went out and they started signing Happy Birthday in Spanish to her with her dessert with candle in it. Really the best place. Can't recommend it enough.

1  Thank CanuckLondon