“Thank you fellow trippers”
Review of Restaurante Eslava

Restaurante Eslava
Ranked #13 of 3,019 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WE INFORM THAT DURING THE MONTH OF JULY WE WILL REMAIN CLOSED ON SUNDAYS AND MONDAYS FOR STAFF REST. FROM 04TH TO 27TH AUGUST, BOTH INCLUDED, WE WILL REMAIN CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE CAUSED. THANK YOU. Tradition and innovation converge in the restaurant Eslava Seville, in the heart of Barrio de San Lorenzo. Your kitchen careful and laborious, traditional recipes views from modernity and excellence of raw materials can only be overcome so welcoming space and his team. More than two decades working for a space that has also joined the housing resort to their offering. You can choose between snacks at its snack bar, enjoy a good meal in the restaurant or stay in one of our Boutique Suites. You will be spoiled the mood.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

based on what fellow trippers said we made a beeline for the Eslava - 5 mins from the Hotel Regina - to be there for 8.00pm. Great move - got the 2nd last table and when we finished eating the whole place was rammed.
The food was delicious and extremely reasonably priced.
Loved it...

Write a ReviewReviews (5,880)

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Staying at the eslava residence on our first trip to Seville. Having a wonderful time. Get here for opening at 8pm, to get a table, otherwise put your name on the list and wait. But we'll worth it.

2  Thank TerryMack
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Full of locals which is always a good recommendation. Eslava is a bar with a small restaurant at the back, very good wine, the tapas is excellent. It is not in the tourist area so you have to make an effort to get there, about 15 minutes walk from the cathedral but it's well worth it! Arrive when it opens to make sure to get a table. Friendly helpful staff, and great value, deserves all the praise it has received and is not to be missed.

2  Thank Conmackie
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Eslava is situated in the mainly residential, northerly part of the city about a 20 min walk from the cathedral, and comprises of a smallish bar that serves tapas and a restaurant. I sampled the tapas in the bar at lunchtime midweek, and was very impressed. I had three tapas, each one well prepared and presented and vivid and well matched flavours. For me, the stand-out dish was the award wining slow cooked egg on boletus cake bread with carmelised wine reduction.

The staff are friendly and efficient, even though the place rapidly filled at lunchtime with both locals and tourists (always a good sign to see a mix) and spilled on to the street. I think that the restricted bar seating is something that, unfortunately, may turn some people off. There is a good selection of local wines (what else would you expect) and everything seems to be very keenly priced. I really enjoyed my visit. If you would like a modern, very tasty take on tapas then I would suggest it's the place to go.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Closed on Monday, as we discovered - but we went there on Tuesday.

Two streets away from our hotel (Sacristia de Santa Ana), Eslava is always busy with locals and visitors alike.

Astonishing tapas, the real deal. I can't even begin to express how good the food is. Try everything. If you're feeling really "hard" order a (small) portion of what is decribed as Morcilla (black pudding) with caramelised onions. Not really the Morcilla that we expected (& I am a noted afficionado of black puddings!) - just cubes of cooked blood cut from a slab. Of course, I didn't wince - my buddy & I were incredibly valiant & ate the lot.

The food and wines are exceptional value too. Four of us ate far too much AND drank a facefull of wine for about Euros 60.

Drawback? Not in the touristy part of the city. The premises are "modest" and the tables are tightly packed.

I'd go tonight if I could (& tomorrow, and the day after that)...

1  Thank Disgusted17