“Avoid this place if you can”
Review of Enrique Becerra

Enrique Becerra
Ranked #211 of 2,756 Restaurants in Seville
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went here as a last resort after two other places being too busy. We were sent upstairs to a room that was void of any sort of atmosphere. Bright lights, no music etc. I was recommended the turbot as a special by the waiter. It was not fresh and was overdone. My girlfriend ordered beef. both dishes were served with the same greasy slop of potatoe gratin that was undoubtedly microwaved.
Bill came to over 100 euros for a shared starter, two mains, bottle of red with mountains of sediment and two pieces of stale bread. I really would recommend you avoid this place.
I will add that the service was actually ok and the waiter was helpful.

I just wish he had warned us of how terrible the food would be.

1  Thank stringsticks

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Lovelt place go lunch.

The avocado salad is a must, as is the grilled asparagus and the croquettas.

Service is very good. The waiters are incredibly sweet and so helpful.

1  Thank Debbie D
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We didn't really have a big meal in Seville as most nights just did the tapas thing - a few beers and tapas etc. However, we thought it might be lovely to have just one nice sit down meal together and Enrique Becerra was recommended to us by a member of staff at our hotel. We both ordered steak and it was the worst steak I have ever had in my whole entire life. My partners steak was slightly better than mine but not much - I think I'm just being generous. I couldn't even eat my steak it was that bad so all I ate was the chips as there was literally just steak and chips on the plate. Considering that there was just steak and chips on the plate and nothing else I think the price of it was an absolute disgrace. We had one bottle of wine and two steak and chips and think the total bill came to around 90 euros. Needless to say we argued with the waiter to get my steak removed from the bill as I am not paying that much to eat some chips. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a bit more for a decent meal but it was far from decent. Had to go for tapas somewhere else straight after eating here. Never really a good sign after what is supposed to be a decent meal is it?

I don't know what the tapas is like at Enrique Becerra as I didn't try it so cannot comment but maybe that is where we went wrong as the other reviews on here seem to be positive about the tapas.

Think the title of my review says it all really. Would not recommend this place and would never eat here again.

2  Thank Lisa-summer-baby
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband wanted to try this place out the weekend prior with a few friends, yet they were so crowded and a line out the door! So, he gave it a try with me and my daughter the following weekend and earlier and we were seated (of course we got there just as soon as they opened and not too long after that people were crawling in!!). I was thrilled with the assortment and variety of the house specials and well as their main staples they offered on their menu.
I ordered so many tapas amongst us, it was exciting! Lamb with mint meatballs were quite a surprise, jamon iberico, hamburguesa buey, a tapa with shrimp and potatoes (ensaladilla), brocheta (pork and a beef one), grilled artichokes, croquetas, and a a steak. We order some water and a few beers amongst us.
I enjoyed the experience of such a vast menu or a book :-) The prices are a bit steeper than most I must say, we spent some good euro there, around 100 euro for just sampling and trying things. The quality of the food was excellent and prepared exceptionally well. I honestly don't believe I received what I paid for because I feel I paid for something else, not quite sure, lol.
The atmosphere is lively, it's bright, colorful decor yet with the ever so familiar touch of the Spanish restorations of the buildings interior and exterior. Enrique Becerra is a place for Spanish wine connoisseurs and admirers all the same.
Question being will I go back!?? NO, simply because that was a place I would consider and one time deal! Now, that I am aware of price points and portions all alike, I would pass. The food was great but not awesome. The service is pretty good I might add.
Would I recommend?? Maybe, depending on who it is and their personality.
It was a one-nighter type of place to me. I was impressed but not that impressed to go again.

1  Thank LaTashaMarie
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I went there following a suggestion by the staff at Corral del Rey Hotel. We ate at the bar and had a great lunch. Try the foie with fig tapa it is something else.