“Wonderful flamenco - go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Carboneria

La Carboneria
Ranked #1 of 232 Nightlife in Seville
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wonderful flamenco - go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We got here at around 10pm at the recommendation of the owner of our apartment. We got seats and drinks (slightly more expensive than other bars, but still very reasonable) and waited for the flamenco to start. The atmosphere was electric and the place was packed to the rafters. The guitarist and dancer were wonderful. It felt raw and authentic - a must do when in Seville!

Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Good flamenco, bad tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Tis is a teeny tiny place and we walked by it twice before seeing the sign. We went with a few friends at one of their suggestions. Having been to an excellent show in Sevilla before (Quinetro Alvarez), I was looking forward to more of a flamenco bar experience. Drinks were reasonable- not as inexpensive as some other places, but still less than any drink we can get in NYC! We should have had some tapas on the way over, because we were quite hungry. We arrived around 10 for the 10:30 show and got a seat on the floor level. Ordered some drinks and tapas. Br is in the front, food order station is in the back near the bathrooms. The drinks were fine. The food though was not worth the money. The flamenco show was excellent- a completely different experience than where we had seen flamenco before. So my recommendation? Go, drink, maybe order one food item and go somewhere else for dinner!

Visited July 2012
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Free flamenco!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am living in Seville for 3months and want to experience things that aren't commercial and touristy.
My flat mate told me about this place and gave us the address, but we actually walked past it at first not thinking much of it because its quite hidden.

When we first arrived we got there for the end of the first show and it was pretty busy, so I'd definitely recommend getting there for before it starts (around 10pm) to get a good seat.
It's a free show and all they ask is that you buy a drink, the drinks aren't as cheap as your normal bars and tapas restaurants but not too bad considering the show is free.

I'll definitely be visiting again so I can get a better seat to watch it.

1 Thank ilovetravelling24
wiltshire uk.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fun Night.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a good place to visit and it is free to enter. The price of the Drinks are a little high but you get free show. It is a hard to find but it is well worth it as the flamenco is authentic.Tourists and locals mix well. I have been 4 times and every time I have see different acts.

Visited September 2012
Barcelona, Spain
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Touristic but authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I revisited Carboneria 6 years after my first time there. Although now the sitting area has overtaken the tablao, it remains one of the best and cheapest places to watch passionate, gypsy Flamenco this side of the river. First show starts about 10.30 so you better be there before 10 to get a good seat. Stay for the second show and, if you´re lucky you might even get some after-show singing and dancing by the locals which frequent the place especially at weekends.

Visited February 2013