Corral del Rey
$424
LuxuryCollection
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe penthouseboutique hoteldouble showerold townhonor barplunge poolcontinental breakfasthonesty barthe main hotelwonderful small hotelsmall roof terraceflamenco museumsister hotelolive oilrooms are beautifulturn down servicetapas
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I've just returned after a weekend in the Corral del Rey and am itching to go back. I loved it. I spend most of my life travelling to Europe & Asia for work so know more 5star hotels than I care to remember. However Corral del Rey is different - it really is a perfect boutique hotel.

I loved the friendly, yet professional staff who gave us brilliant 'insider knowledge' tips about local bars and restaurants (I told a Sevillana friend about the restaurant we'd eaten at for my birthday dinner and she was totally impressed how 'in the know' we were!).

It is incredibly stylish & chic without being over the top. Nice touches - such as breakfast on the terrace, the olive oil made at their sister hotel & spanish niche brand soaps & shampoos.

The location couldn't be better.

If you're looking for a standard brand hotel, this isn't your place - go to corral del rey for the benchmark boutique hotel experience.

Sally Averill

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank saverill
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We stayed here just before NYE and had an excellent time. Our room was fantastic, huge bathroom, massive bed. The hotel concierge/receptionist gave us very good recommendations for lunch/dinner/drinks. We now love Sevilla and are planning on going back to stay at Corral during semana santa.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Corbynmax
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We stayed at Hotel Corral del Rey for 7 nights.
Lovely room, amazing taste, impeccably clean. Great location,in the historic heart of Seville!
The staff was fantastic and so helpful to us on many levels. We are coming back again and again
We recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EvaGM
Reviewed October 29, 2010

The positive aspects of this facility - When we arrived we were offered refreshment - a nice gesture, indeed. Our room #2 was clean and adequate in size with comfy pillows and the bathroom was spacious. Our front-facing room had an in-room safe, wifi at no extra charge and the AC worked fine. Gabriella at reception was energetic and helpful in providing us with directions. However, we expect much, more from hotels in which we stay.
From about 11 PM to 1 AM and beginning again around 7 AM there were strange, distracting and annoying noises that seemed to come from within the facility, not from outside on the street. It was a kind of scraping and moving of furniture.
Breakfast, which was included in our rate, was a standard "continental breakfast" which consisted of juice, rolls and coffee. Ho hum!
Now, for the "problem" - The morning of the second day of our 3 night reservation, I was informed by the other young woman at reception that there was a "problem". Our 3 night reservation had been made for us through an agency and a king-size bed was guaranteed in a separate email by the reservation supervisor. (I hadn't used an agent in at least 25 years, and I will not do so again for 25 more more years - because THIS "hotel" was recommended to us!) I had a voucher evidencing our reservation for 3 nights. Soooo, I said, "We have a reservation for 3 nights. This was not our mistake. It's your problem, right?" And, I was told, "Yes, it is the hotel's problem."
But, 5 minutes later, as we were about to leave for the day, the young woman came to our door and said, "There's a problem here. We have a beautiful apartment in the vicinity you can have or you can move to another, smaller room with a queen-sized bed." Soooo, we said that the newcomers can have the "beautiful apartment" in the vicinity. "This is your problem. We have only this last day in Sevilla and we're not moving."
Dear Traveler, we felt that this was outrageous, unprofessional and totally inappropriate. Use your own judgement. Take a chance if you wish on a very mediocre B&B or find a professionally, well-run hotel in which you can enjoy a problem-free visit to delightful Sevilla.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shi Hu
Reviewed October 3, 2010

This B&B is a beautiful and well maintained retreat that is quite relaxing and affords an intimate option for Sevilla (once you manage to find it in the maze of narrow, cobblestone streets). Our junior suite was roomy, but I would caution anyone from taking one of the other rooms as they seemed quite small.
But, having stayed at El Palace in Barcelona before - and Hotel Palace in Madrid after - our stay in Sevilla, it becomes abundantly clear that the pricing needs to be adjusted as these other hotels provided extraordinary 5-star service and amenities at lower cost. There were none of the small extras at Corrado that would have justified the high pricing. No flowers or fruit in the room. While ice was delivered our first night, we had to ask for it on the others. The included continental breakfast includes nothing but rolls, croissants and coffee/tea/juice. No fruit, yogurt, bran, cheese, cereal, etc.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple