“Good location but with some details.”
Review of Oasis Seville

Oasis Seville
Ranked #11 of 160 Specialty Lodging in Seville
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The building is really good, but the breakfast is in the 3rd floor in a small kitchen and you have to wait too much for eat something (I think that the breakfast is a important point in any hostel), and the kitchen is very poor if you zant to cook something.
But is very clean, good internet service and the location is good too because is close to the bus station and is in the middle of downtown.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lucas C
There are newer reviews for Oasis Seville

Reviewed November 21, 2012

When I first arrived the hostel truly seemed like an Oasis- not necessarily because it intially blew me away but because I had spent at least half an hour walking around in circles looking for it! When I did eventually find it I should have punched myself in the face it was quite clearly sign posted, of course all this could have been provided if I had used the Hostel's instructions on "how to find the hostel" rather than a poor print out from google maps.

I had booked the cheapest room which was in another building from the main hostel, but when I decided I wanted to be in the main building my move was as quick as the clicks on the computer it took to change the accommodation.

Of all the hostels I've stayed at I was particularly impressed by the rooftop pool and bar, with excellent service: if Fra is still around he makes an awesome Mojito, and a pretty chilled atmosphere. The rooms were always clean, and the free breakfast came with stacks of freshly made pancakes- Thanks Henrique!! (At all the other Oasis hostels you have to make your own and I'm quite lazy :( )

Obviously it is worth noting that this is a hostel. Being a solo traveller it was the exact kind of accomodation I was looking for. If you are on a romantic getaway or a family holiday this probably won't be your thing, but if you are looking for a cultural visit or a fun trip, so long as you are open minded and relaxed you will find the hostel very accommodating. I noticed a few people who would stay in their rooms, or if they were travelling with friends avoid other travellers. That is not the spirit, you should get involved with other travellers! Everything is easy after that!

In the end it probably wouldn't have mattered how nice the hostel was, I made a lot of new friends (some have come to London to see me, and I am going to Korea to see another!) that made my experience so memorable. But I'm just lucky I happened to do it in a hostel as nice as Oasis Backpackers Sevilla.

Its also worth noting that I returned in the middle of my trip to Sevilla, and thought I would check out the Oasis Palace... I had a room booked and everything... I couldn't do it, I ended up walking back to Oasis Backpackers and asking for a room there again! My loyalty was rewarded ;)

Room Tip: Make sure you check with the hostel before that your room isn't in the other building. It wasn...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed at this hostel for one night and was very impressed. Location is good, very close to the bus station and an easy walk to the centre of Seville. The building is amazing, with groovy decor and a fabulous rooftop terrace (featuring a small pool!). Staff were friendly, the room was clean with a great shower, and breakfast was included. All in all, it was brilliant place to stay- especially for the price! Absolute bargain- would love to go back there :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I loved this hostel.... from the really friendly 24 hr staff on duty, the pool on the terrace, the evening meals, the convenient location, tours and information desk, the clean air conditioned rooms, pancakes for b/fast ( yes ! 2nd time I've found them... but these are superior! ) and of course, the cheap price !!!! Wow I stayed 3 nights and when I booked another 3 I got one night free !!!! ( and best of all.... as it was the off season, I had the dorm to myself for the last 3!! ) Best value for money I have found yet !!! This is a large hostel , so if you prefer a more intimate atmosphere it may not suit you, however the above mentioned perks outweighed that for me this time ! And with so many guests and staff, there is always someone to talk to ...... The info desk is open from early morn till late evening, and the tours and events offered extremely good value, and the staff most obliging. I never heard a complaint !

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the student hostel opposite the main entrance..... otherwise ear plugs d...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

upon arriving at this hostel the lady at the reception had no record of us having booked there. i showed her the email i got from hotels.com and she quickly rang her manager to see what rooms we could have considering i showed a legit email confirmation, also stating i didnt have to call the hostel to comfirm the booking. now whether or not it was the hostels fault or the booking agencies fault i will never know, however she got a room sorted for us quite quickly, seeming as though it was a busy weekend for seville with a public holiday ahead that weekend. so we got a double room with shared bathroom that we'd originally booked. the room was in a completely different building however and was a couple of streets away. ( so pretty annoying for having brekky and wanting to be on the terrace whenever you felt like it) so we stayed 3 nights in the room, which was so noisy all through the night with people walking and yelling and singing until about 2am then some quiet then the bin trucks started at 5am then some quiet then people opening shops and doing renos on the buildings across the street at 7am. im a light sleeper so maybe my problem but it was a pretty horrendous couple of nights for me. the second night we paid for a pubcrawl, which we were sposed to get a free flamenco show or slasa class, well that never happened. the first pub was okay and we got 2 shots 1 at the beginning of our time there then 1 at the end. both alcoholic. however the next bar we got a shot but it had no alcohol whatsoever, maybe it was grenadine ahaha! we paid 10€ for those shots plus entry into a super busy club wich we got priority entry through to skip the line! all in all, i probably wouldnt stay there again purely because of the room issues. we then stayed the remainder of our stay at the oasis palace. i will do a seperate review for that one :)

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the facing the road!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The free wifi is decent and there is a taxi station nearby. If you get a private room it will be located in another (nearby building) away from the check-in desk. I believe I stayed during a holiday weekend from what locals told me. It was $165 (or whatever the euro conversion is) to stay for two nights. This price is too much for a regular stay without holidays so make sure you pay less.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 5, 2012

i stayed here for two nights with my friends and we loved this place. The hostel staff is very friendly. The rooms are nice and spacious and have balconies. They have a lovely terrace with a small swimming pool. The hostel organizes plenty of activities. The kitchen is well equipped. Breakfast is good and they also serve hot pancakes! Wi-fi connectivity is good and the lounge area is quite nice. The hostel is also very well located. In short its a great place to stay and highly recommended!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends