“For the money, this place is well worth it.”

and 1 more site!
Pension Dona Trinidad
Ranked #95 of 176 Hotels in Seville
Colorado
“For the money, this place is well worth it.”
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Location was perfect. No extras but the price was right.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed November 5, 2009

The cleanliness of Pension Dona Trinidad shows that the owners have pride in their establishment. However, after cleaning they sometimes smoke in the central courtyard (that all the rooms open onto).

The location is wonderful, within walking distance of most of the big sites in town. In addition, the Pension also provides complimentary wifi access, just ask for the password.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
Reviewed October 13, 2009

The hostal is in a quite safe neighborhood. We felt safe walking at night and the iron-gate security is pretty good. The location is very central – about 5-10 minutes walk to Barrio de Santa Cruz. It’s even closer to a good flamenco bar Casa de la Memoria.

You can’t beat the location since it’s very good for the price. However, when booking for a budget accommodation, expect to sacrifice some comfort and service.

The hosts weren’t the best. In our opinion, they were the least service-minded staff compared to other places we stayed in Spain. They made us feel our of place, or as if we were staying there for free. Language barrier was another thing. They spoke very little English and didn’t seem to make any effort to. Our English wasn't good either, but at least we tried.

It could get noisy at any time of the day.

The bathroom floor could be quite slippery, so be careful.

What I’m about to mention is not the Hostal’s fault (to be fair), but I’d like to share it in case anyone decides to stay there. Avoid Room 6. We stayed there. It had a small balcony facing c/ Archeros (sounds nice, right?) but we didn’t get to use because they guy in the opposite building was literally naked the whole time. What an unpleasant view! For the entire stay, we had to keep our curtains closed, so the room was kind of dark and depressing.

If I ever come back to Seville again, I would only stay here for the budget-friendly location.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank mllenoy
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Location of the hotel was great, the room was on the small side, but very clean and the courtyard was sweet. We had free wifi which was terrific to be able to keep in touch with family back home. It was not a luxury hotel, but it was certainly more than adequate.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marianora
Wien
Reviewed October 5, 2009

we booked for four nights but had to leave after the first night. it was not possible to sleep because of the extreme noise the whole night long. the reasons for the noise: a) extremely thin walls, we could even hear the "click" when one of the other guests switched on or off the light in their room. apart from that also all the talking, roomdoor-opening and -closing, guests having shower. b) the rooms are located around a typical spanish central patio (2 floors high). this patio could be reached from the street through an iron-gate. every time this gate was opend and closed it made a very loud noise (a noise intensified by the architecture of the patio) because there was no cushioning between the irongate and the iron lock. this "door-open/door-close" went on till about 02:00 at night c) the night clerk had phone-calls in the patio (instead in the reception) till about 02.30 at night with the same intensified noise-effect because of the archtitecture of the patio, additionally she had the tv running (we had a room above her habitable room). the only positive thing i can say is that everything was very clean and quite new.
during our 3-week tour in spain/andalusia this was our least favourite hotel/hostel. the room was also the smallest, just about 40cm around the bed (no chair, no table, just one bedside table) and a very small bathroom.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Faulentssa
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I checked in and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had been given a room on the top floor with an exterior window (room 12). Immediately I noticed how clean the room and the shared bath were! The room was good sized for a single and had a decent closet with hangers. The A/C worked very well also. I heard my neighbors coming and going mostly due to the opening and closing of doors, but even at late hours everyone seemed to make a concerted effort to be as quiet as possible. The owners definitely do not speak English and I did find myself a bit frustrated on one occasion trying to speak Spanish with them (the Spanish accent is quite different than the Mexican accent) and I almost felt the woman was being a bit stubborn in her refusal to understand what I was saying, even when I resorted to hand gestures. I felt quite bad one night as I came in very late (about 3am) but the woman who let me in was good at hiding her annoyance.
Here's the good about Pension Dona Trinidad -- the location is outstanding! There is a little tapas bar right on the corner of Calle Archeros with wonderful staff and fantastic cheese. Also the cleanliness and size of the space were outstanding. This is one of the best "budget" accomodations I've ever experienced!
Okay, here's the bad -- the owners smoke heavily in their ground floor apartment and that smoke filters up and under the doors to the rooms, I found that if I took the spare blanket from the closet and put it against the door then I was less bothered by the smoke.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank dfeehan
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 12, 2009

great location,spotless room and airconditioning. Having to buzz the owners apartment to get in or out of the building is a bit of a nuisance but does provide a sense of security.

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo