“Ideal place to stay”

Ribera de Triana Hotel
Ranked #53 of 177 Hotels in Seville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 26, 2014

It's a difficult task to find a reasonably priced place to stay when visiting Seville, especially if you are traveling by car. Car parking if available can be expensive.
This hotel solves this by offering reasonably priced parking whilst being convenient for the old town (10 minute walk) and providing good quality clean accommodation.
The staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and the whole place offers a very pleasant visitor experience.
All in all, this offers very good value and I'd happily stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Amador R, General Manager at Ribera de Triana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear johnnie H,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I do agree that our hotel is great option if you are travelling by car. Beside this I’d like to add that Seville is not only the city centre. Triana neighborhood is also great and characteristic.

Look forward to welcome you back in Ribera de Triana.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

An overall great stay. Would use again if we returned to Seville.

+perfect location, on the 'local' side of the river, so there are lovely tapas bars around
+air-con
+cleanliness
+friendly staff
+quick repairs

-east-facing so gets the sun all day, which means the curtains have to be closed unless you want to boil!
-the air-con broke (however it was fixed quickly)
-expensive breakfast

Dear pinkbunnylugs ,

Great to read that you would stay again, I would be glad to welcome you back.

Thank you for the feedback.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel with a fantastic roof top pool. It is close to center (15min walking) and really cozy. Rooms are big and the bathroom is lovely. Only downside: the WiFi is really really slow and international TV channel are rare (especially now as the football world cup is taking place...)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Enrico L

Thank you so much for scoring your stay with a 5! Indeed the pool and bar on top of the building are amazing. I personally love those views over the city and the river.

Look forward to welcome you back in Ribera de Triana.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Good quality hotel - well situated, nice room, quiet and a good breakfast. The reception desk could have been a bit more friendly but they were efficient.

HOWEVER, when it came to checking out, they told me that there was an extra 32 euros for parking, which I was expecting as it had been clearly stated. They charged my credit card as usual and then gave me the receipt in a nice envelope. When I eventually opened the envelope later, the receipt stated that I had been charged in pounds sterling at their rate of exchange with a 2% mark-up!

The receipt states: "I accept that I have been offered a choice of currencies for paying and that this choice is final. I accept the conversion rate, the final amount and that the selected currency is GBP". This was NOT TRUE - I was NOT asked if I wanted the bill in euros or sterling. I have a card that does not charge anything for conversion from euros and I want to be charged in euros.

In this case the bill was small (as I had paid for the room through Travel Republic in advance) and the extra not very much, but on a 400 euro bill it would be significant. I think that this is a sneaky and underhand way for a 4-star hotel to get more money!!

It's a shame - they would have a much higher rating otherwise.

1  Thank Brian964
Amador R, General Manager at Ribera de Triana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Brian964,

Thank you for your feedback and for stating the good quality of our hotel.

I’m very sorry to read that you felt overcharged although I’m pretty sure there has been a misunderstanding. Allowing payments in foreign currencies is a courtesy we provide to our guests and is completely voluntary. For this very specific reason we make sure 100% that clients are never overcharged. On the contrary, depending on client’s bank, billing is some or lower amount than in euros: you save the exchange tax. Again in any case the guest pays more and if ever a mistake (which is not the case now) happens in my hotel is in good faith.

If you want to contact me directly please do not hesitate to call at the hotel (+34 954 26 80 00) and ask for me. I’ll be very happy to personally explain you the misunderstanding we had.

Look forward to hear from you and to welcome back in Seville,

Amador Recio Crespo

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Negative: No possibility to choose between Double bed or twin on the web site. We discovered when we came, a double bed and view on the road(a bite noisy). We asked for a double bed but the reception said "we have just few double bed". We finally had a double bed in a smoker bedroom at 1 floor(the smell was ok) with a air conditioning without fresh air. They finally repaired it for the second night.
Swimming pool really small.
People not really friendly, no smile.

Positive: Really near the old center.
Bar on the roof open until 3h But not owned by the hotel (don't forget your money)

Room Tip: Ask double bed if your are in couple and view not on the road.
1  Thank Djolf

Dear Djolf,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m sorry if the room we provided you with wasn’t 100% of your taste. Should you decide to come to Seville and stay at our hotel please just drop us a line a call at the moment of the reservation. We will make sure the best room with double bed will be available for you.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am a regular visitor to Seville and tend to stay in the west of the city. This was my first stay at Ribera de Triana and I was impressed. It's easily accessed by public transport as it's very near to the final stop (Plaza de Armas Bus Station) on the bus route from the airport.

Check in was hassle free. Public areas in the hotel are impressive. A large atrium runs from the basement to roof level and this gives a real sense of space.

My room was quite large with a king size bed and modern furnishing. Wifi was free.

The Triana neighbourhood where the hotel is located is about 20 minutes walk from the centre of the city. There are lots of bars and restaurants in Triana and the area is less touristy than the centre of town.

I did not take breakfast or other meals at the hotel, so can't comment on food.

I can see myself staying here on my next visit to Seville. It's a better option than the nearby NH Plaza de Armas

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank TrevD

Dear TrevD,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I’m happy to read you are considering to come back at Ribera de Triana. Look forward to welcome you.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our recent visit to Seville. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful on checkin and throughout our stay I parked my car in the underground car park for a daily charge of 16 euro. Let me add that this is not an exercise for the fainthearted as it's quite narrow and the exit involves a hill start while you await the gate to be opened!

Our room was a good size, nicely decorated and clean and the twin beds were very comfortable with storage space underneath for our overnight cases. The bathroom was also very clean with ample towels and toiletries. We were easily able to control the room temperature with the air-con thermostat.

Our room rate included a buffet breakfast which included hot food (eggs, bacon, sausages) and a good variety of cereals, cheeses, cold meats, bread, cakes etc. I have to mention that one of the waitresses was a bit sullen while clearing our table but possibly it was the early hour that didn't suit her!

The hotel is about a 20/25 minute walk from the old town center and we also found that the green tour bus had a stop right outside which will eventually deliver you to it's terminus near the maritime museum along the river which is then close to the center.

We would definitely stay there again if the need arose.

Room Tip: We had a standard room on the first near the side alley and it was very quite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sconlon11

Dear sconlon11,

Thank you very much for such a good and detailed feedback. Great to know that the room was of your taste and you liked the facilities.

Look forward to welcome you back at Ribera de Triana.