“An extraordinary flamenco experience!”
Review of Taller Flamenco

Taller Flamenco
More attraction details
Owner description: Taller Flamenco is a learning centre for Flamenco and Spanish Language founded in 1994, in Seville. Taller Flamenco is the most experienced international school for flamenco. We offer a wide range of courses and services, such as tailored-courses for groups or individuals, from beginners to advance level either in dance, flamenco technique, guitar, percussion, singing, clapping accompaniment, and Spanish courses. From beginners till advanced, minimum one hour course.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

There are so many good things about Taller Flamenco. I had the good fortune to study with Felipe Mato- a truly powerful and gifted artist, who was also an amazing and kind teacher. It's hard to express how much I learned from him, and on so many levels. The administrators of the School, Eukene and Jose, could not have been more helpful or attentive. Eukene is a gold mine on every conceivable request, and her sparkling personality makes dealing with her a joy. I was also a complete beginner in Spanish, and my teacher Carmen made sure that I learned enough to actually manage relatively well in Madrid a couple of weeks later. All in all, a highly enjoyable and rewarding learning experience. I certainly plan to go back.

2  Thank Marie S
in 9 reviews
"mato"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Can't say enough good stuff about this place and the people who make it so wonderful. A really great experience--highly recommended.

1  Thank Carolyn H
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting dancing lessons of taller flamenco school since 2012 at least once a year. I like it very much!
The teachers are very professional (though it is better if u know some spanish as some don't speak any english at all...). The rooms are not very modern.. If it is 40 degrees celsius outside, well you will definitely sweat...
The ppl from the office are very very nice n friendly, helpful n supportive. They speak perfect english. They can organise you accommodation (Apartments) which is really great!
Internet can be used for free.
Other lessons available too. Palmas, guitar lessons, singing and they also offer spanish classes. However, if u really want a professional language school then better go to another one.

1  Thank fibbermagees
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I spent four weeks at Taller Flamenco. The first three weeks I participated in a Beginner Dance class and the last week I learned about compas y palmas. I lived in the apartment above the school, which I loved because I was right in the middle of everything. :) I also took intermediate Spanish lessons for the full four weeks and enjoyed reviewing grammar and getting lots of practice with speaking and listening. The teachers were all excellent and there was no doubt that they loved what they taught.

I highly recommend Taller Flamenco if, like me, you know nothing about flamenco but are intrigued by the passion and rhythms of this art form. The longer you can stay, the better! The office staff are really knowledgeable about the local flamenco community and pointed me in the direction of some fantastic shows at Casa de la Memoria and a local flamenco bar. I was sad to leave at the end of four weeks and will probably be back in the future!

4  Thank VillaStraylight