“Seville's best-kept secret”

Ranked #18 of 176 Hotels in Seville
South East
“Seville's best-kept secret”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel is a real gem. It is situated just metres away from the cathedral area but in a quiet traffic-free street. The staff were great. Our room was on the second (top) floor and we had a rooftop terrace with a view of the cathedral. The room was very comfortable, clean and cool. Breakfast was fine. One really good service the hotel had was hot and cold drinks freely available to guests in the breakfast area/foyer all the time, a real bonus when you come in hot and thirsty from sightseeing.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HelenKent10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Alminar for 2 nights in July 2010 and had a wonderful experience. The people at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful even when we got lost driving to the hotel in the middle of the night, the guy working at the front desk was very patient and gave us great directions (the map on their website is completely off!).

The room was large, very romantic, extremely clean, and the AC was powerful...a huge plus in July! The location is excellent...you are literally right in the center of everything maybe one block from the Cathedral! The only downside is that it may get noisy since the rooms are right over a pedestrian street. Also, you cannot drive to the hotel since the streets in center of Seville are pedestrian only, but there are several 24 hour parking lots about an 8 minute walk away.

1 Thank denisa30
bloomsbury london
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I have stayed here three times over the last 3 years - most recently July 2010. The hotel itself could not be in a better position, literally seconds walk from the Cathedral. I have stayed in 5 star hotels in Seville (the Hospes most recently) and this is, of course, a small and more 'basic' hotel by comparison BUT this hotel taught me that stars can be very misleading and that 5 stars often give you things you may not use or need (gyms, hotel restaurants (in Seville?!), spas, parking, pools, etc).
The rooms here are small but immaculate and well equipped. The new rooms in the annex newly opened this year (right next door) are lovely although the bathrooms there are tiny (the top floor rooms there). The hotel is quiet - on a pedestrianised 'road' running up from the Cathedral - no traffic noise at all - but the ground floor room/s should be avoided if you are wanting to get to sleep before most guests are back - the hotel is so small that some noise is unavoidable.
Breakfast - fine but agree with comments that it makes sense to get it elsewhere - loads of places open on the doorstep.
During festivals the hotel staff have been great at providing information and ideas of how best to get tickets and where best to go, etc. The staff, manager and so on have been nothing but superb every time I have stayed. Booking enquiries and specific queries by mail etc have always been dealt with outstandingly well.
Ostensibly this hotel could be decribed as 'nothing particularly special' but I and others I know are so fond of it and return so frequently that I know this is not so.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank catherine014
Boonville, California
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Our family rented 2 rooms for 3 nights on the 2nd and 3rd floors and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. By all means, book Room 31 or 32 on the terrace if available. These rooms are quieter, more spacious and have gorgeous views, too. I can't say enough how helpful the staff is with suggestions and general information about Seville. Boni recommended 4 restaurants to try and he was spot on in each case! Absolutely you must go just down the street to try Vineria San Telmo for tapas-the choices are amazing, prices unbelievably reasonable and the quality top notch. As you will see, it is very popular with the locals but definitely worth the wait! If arriving by taxi, be sure to give explicit directions as this is a small, fairly new hotel and on a quiet pedestrian street. But this location is right in the heart of Seville near the Cathedral and bario Santa Cruz - within walking distance of most sights. A small-venue Flamingo show a few doors away was well worth seeing and fairly priced. I would refrain from their 6 Euro breakfast - minutes away there are numerous cafes to choose from for a better value. Avoid the annex they now have available nearby if their hotel is full. These rooms are quite spartan and not as appropriately priced. All in all, a most pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dougstyle
SYdney
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We recently had a great stay at the Alminar , after reviewing several hotels.The room was very pleasant with 2 windows, clean and the staff couldnt be more helpful and friendly. The best thing was the position within walking distance to everything, the worst which wasnt anybodys fault was the unbearable heat which made us retreat to our room everyday about 3 and not go out again until 10pm

1 Thank sydneyalleycat
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I booked this room through the reservation website provided as part of a 2 week trip through Spain for my honeymoon. We had room 2 located on the first floor. It was small, but pretty standard for European hotel rooms of 3 star class. It was also quite dark even with the curtains open as the buildings in this location are very close to one another. It was spotlessly clean and the the hotel staff were proactive with any issues we may have encountered. (For example, we were told there was an issue with the AC, an issue we were unaware of, and they had arranged for it to be fixed before we even felt the problem.)

The staff at this hotel are wonderful. Every front desk person was beyond helpful, barely letting us out the door without seeing if we needed anything. They booked our night for Flamenco as well as a trip to the Arab Baths (wonderful experience...see my review for the Aire de Seville). I would definitely stay at this hotel again, but I would request either the double deluxe room (instead of the the double) for extra space, and I would ask for the top floor as those rooms have access to the terrace, and I prefer a lot of natural sunlight.

1 Thank Ischia1
Louisville, KY
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Hotel Alminar is right in the central area of Seville, 1 block from Cathedral. Excellent location. This is a boutique hotel with only 12 rooms. I cannot say enough as to how wonderful the staff is. They are very efficient and extremely helpful. I was made to feel at home. The staff gave very good advice on where to eat, where to see the best flamenco, made reservations and never too busy to answer questions or assist with the smallest request. They even met me at the main street to assist with luggage and when I checked out they helped me with luggage and getting a taxi. As the street is too small for automobiles, you have to walk a block to get taxi. When I was sick they called in a doctor and picked up prescriptions for me. The entire staff went out of their way to help and made our stay most enjoyable and memorable. I am looking forward to my next stay in Seville and would like to try their sister hotel (La Botica de Vejer) in Vejer de la Frontera, Cadiz.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends