All reviewstop floorgreat locationcasa roblesquiet pedestrian streetsmall hotelterrace roomtapasfree tea coffeea stones throwrestaurant recommendationssingle roomgiralda towerflamenco showside streetfantastic stayair conditioningtrain station
Reviewed April 7, 2017

Wonderful hotel right in the heart of the old city. View from our window was the cathedral tower. You could hear the bells! Staff lovely. Danny on reception was great. Room clean and comfortable. local restaurants really good too!

Room Tip: the superior rooms have a great view and and an outside sitting area.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

I think the location was the best thing about the hotel. There were plenty of bars and restaurants close to the hotel. The Alcazar and Cathedral were really close. Other than that I thought the hotel was really average and expensive for what it was. I had booked a single room which in hindsight was a mistake. It was very small and dark.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
6  Thank BurtieW
Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

Great location just steps from the cathedral and royal alcazar. Located along a quiet pedestrian alley with plenty of food options at either end.
We had a car and parked it at the Plaza Nueva garage upon arrival and picked it up at the end of our three day stay. No car needed.
Room was clean and hotel staff were helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmv859_mmv859
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

We were here for three rainy days in March. We had booked one of the top floor rooms with terrace. Unfortunately, because of the rain, the terrace became a nuisance- we had to step out onto the wet and slippery terrace in order to go back into the hotel every time we left our room. The views, like others have said, are outstanding, though we did have some noise from the street one night.
The room is clean, the bed very comfortable, the wifi strong. The bathroom is small but adequate. However, there is only a frosted glass door on the bathroom with no latch, and no fan in the bathroom. So be sure to be comfortable with the lack of privacy before booking, as our room had two twins pushed together such that two friends might stay here.
The breakfast and breakfast room were very nice, and fairly priced at €8.
The bedroom's furnishings, and the toiletries were very basic- a small sliver of soap, and two small vials of shampoo. I had to hunt down a place to purchase conditioner.
The location could not be better- you are steps from everything you want to see, with wonderful restaurants all around you. The price is very good for this fabulous location. That said, I would pay more the next time for a little more luxury- a little too basic for me.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaryJane03
Reviewed March 27, 2017

We recently stayed 3 nights at Hotel Alminar. I chose it based on the reviews here, and we were very happy with the selection. Francisco (manager) was outstanding. He's funny, helpful, and an overall great host. The room we got #3, ground level, was spacious, well-appointed, and quiet. Breakfast was more than adequate. As others have pointed out here, the location is outstanding. Finally, I found the value to be excellent. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business