“Superb stay in Seville”
Review of Alminar Hotel

Alminar Hotel
Ranked #20 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This September was the 3rd time that my husband and I have visited Seville, 3rd time and the best time. I can honestly say that Hotel Alminar and it's staff contributed a lot to how great our holiday was. We were directed to Alminar from the Infhor office at the train station and were delighted to find the hotel located in a small characterful street just a stones throw from the stunning cathedral in central Seville. The incredible location is just one of the great things about Hotel Alminar.
The long list of pros includes:
1. Friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable staff. Francisco and his team were always on hand to help, advise and organise or even just for a friendly chat.
2. Clean, modern and well designed rooms.
3. Brilliant links to transport, within easy reach of parking, taxis and trams. Close to a train ticket office and easy to reach the main train and bus stations.
4. 2 doors away from a recommended (and thoroughly enjoyed) Flamenco show.
5. Many reasonably priced and extremely palatable restaurants and cafes simply minutes walk away. Bar Estrella was recommended to us by Francisco and we went more than once, if you want an authentic tapas experience we highly recommended it!
6. Fast and effective Wifi

(Ladies, Hotel Alminar is about 5 minutes walk from the main shopping street)
Special thanks to Emily for recommending the Las Setas, you are right the view at night was incredible!

We will definitely be booking back into Hotel Alminar when we return to Seville again.

1  Thank EmilyCOwen24
There are newer reviews for Alminar Hotel

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel has a lot of good going for it :

1) location is really 50 meters from the cathedral, the Alcazar, and many of Seville's main highlights. If I had 1-2 days in Seville, this would be optimum location.

2) staff is wonderful - they speak perfect English and are always willing to help with any question, suggestion for restaurant, etc. As a matter of fact we got a fabulous suggestion from one of the young gals for an authentic tapas bar in Triana called Sol y Sombre. It was truly an experience and highly recommended.

3) the hotel is clean and comfortable.

The breakfast room and the breakfast itself needs much improvement. There is no real space and it is neither convenient nor inviting. The hotel and the rooms have no atmosphere whatsoever and there seems to not have been any thought process into how to make the area more inviting and aesthetic.

While we were fairly happy with the positives of this hotel, if we find ourselves in Seville once again, I believe I would choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: I requested rooms anywhere but on the ground floor since there were other travelers who advised this...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Flame123
Reviewed September 27, 2013

At check in we where well received and a lot of tips given on sights an local restaurants (a few of which we also went to and can confirm they where good tips with many locals). And the next day he also followed up again.

We had a room on the ground floor at the hotel which wasnt great however also did not have the issues you may expect (liitle noise from breakfast area for example).

So overall good stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at the Alminar for 3 nights in Sept 2013. Great location within easy walking distance to most attractions in Seville. Our room was clean and the staff was welcoming. Buffet breakfast was typical European with plenty of bread, sliced meats and cheese, cereals and yogurt. Excellent WiFi. Bonifacio, one of the night managers, was especially helpful with some business faxes we needed to receive/send. We highly recommend this hotel. While there, we would also recommend the restaurant GUSTO which is located very near the hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at Alminar for one night when I was traveling around Andalusia in June 2013. Since it's so small, I might look for something different next time.

(Pros)
(1) Great location. A couple of minutes to the main mosque. Basically in the middle of touristic sites, shopping, and restaurants and bars.
(2) Reasonably priced.
(3) Free wifi and coffee!

(Cons)
(1) Super tiny! I am from Tokyo originally, so I am used to tiny hotels, but this was Tokyo small. I cannot even open my (big) suitcase flat in the room! And when I opened the suitcase (not flatly) I really cannot walk in the room. I have to move over the bed. Maybe there are bigger rooms, but considering the size of the building, and tiny reception area, I suspect all the rooms are tiny.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank makoto n
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This adorable hotel, situated in the heart of Seville, excels in all categories. The staff is very friendly and helpful (and are fluent in English). The rooms are clean and smartly furnished. The bathroom amenities are excellent, which is not something you will experience in every Seville hotel as reviews of other hotels in similar proximity will attest. Also priced lower than many other hotels in same area. When we return to Seville, we are staying HERE.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

There are so many places to choose, it becomes over whelming. Trust me I booked this for my first night, and never left. Great location, just great everything. I was in room #21. Very modern, it felt like I was the first person to use the room. Wifi was great, AC worked, even a radio that was a bonus. Last minute online $60 US. I probably won't have paid $100. Can't forget staff was great , and spoke English.

Room Tip: Room 21 was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo